Elections How do Trump supporters reconcile most of his cabinet not supporting his second term as president?

Because Trump was a DC outsider that ultimately relied on establishment GOP(neocons) to craft his administration when he won because he quite frankly didn’t know enough people he could trust in DC. So he was at the mercy of the advice of former Bush acolytes.

Many of those were opposed to his economic nationalist and non-interventionist agenda from the campaign. He also kept a lot of staff holdovers from the Obama admin, which is very rare as new Presidents typically clean house. Trump figured they would do their jobs faithfully because that’s what low level employees do in the business world. He was wrong.

Bannon sounded the alarm from the get-go that these neocons would work to sabotage the agenda people voted for. This was the struggle that eventually led to Bannon’s removal. Kushner wanted Trump to stick with the neocons because his interest rested solely with Israel. Trump listened to Kushner. Fired Bannon. Bannon was right though.

One of the downsides of not being a DC insider is you don’t know how to navigate Washington for allies. The upside is that people know your interests are disconnected from DC and DC interests have nothing to do with Americans.

Trump finally admits now that he hired very poorly in his first term. The good news now is there is a more clear MAGA movement in DC and in states throughout the country for Trump to craft his next administration on.

That whole Project 2025 thing democrats fear monger about is merely Heritage helpfully making an outline for Trump to hire allies and get rid of holdovers this time. Which is pretty much what every President does but Trump didn’t at the beginning.

One can chalk that up to Trump possibly not expecting victory in 2016 but it’s all the same whether he did or not. He still put his trust in the wrong people based on a letter. Not by where they stood on the centerpieces of his platform.

It’s also Trump was a one man movement in 2016. MAGA didn’t have anybody else running g for office in 2016..it ran concurrently with the last gasp of the Tea Party movement which is mostly opposed to Trump on major issues in his platform.,so all the Republicans that joined him in Washington were of a more open borders, war machine, hyper internationalist capitalism bent.

So the ex-staff that don’t support Trump likely never did but a high level job is a high level job..many of them turned to democrats so their careers or media appearance can continue after Trump. Especially since the threat communicated through media is that anybody who worked for Trump is “tainted”. So obviously people who live and work in DC feel compelled to make nice. Especially if they personally believe Trump won’t win again.

We’ll see what they say when he does.

Let’s just run with that logic.

It was said that Donald was a fantastic business man who would hire the best people. So now I’m supposed to think his choices were terrible and he’ll do better next time? Interesting.

Because Trump was a DC outsider that ultimately relied on establishment GOP(neocons) to craft his administration when he won because he quite frankly didn’t know enough people he could trust in DC. So he was at the mercy of the advice of former Bush acolytes.

Many of those were opposed to his economic nationalist and non-interventionist agenda from the campaign. He also kept a lot of staff holdovers from the Obama admin, which is very rare as new Presidents typically clean house. Trump figured they would do their jobs faithfully because that’s what low level employees do in the business world. He was wrong.

Bannon sounded the alarm from the get-go that these neocons would work to sabotage the agenda people voted for. This was the struggle that eventually led to Bannon’s removal. Kushner wanted Trump to stick with the neocons because his interest rested solely with Israel. Trump listened to Kushner. Fired Bannon. Bannon was right though.

One of the downsides of not being a DC insider is you don’t know how to navigate Washington for allies. The upside is that people know your interests are disconnected from DC and DC interests have nothing to do with Americans.

Trump finally admits now that he hired very poorly in his first term. The good news now is there is a more clear MAGA movement in DC and in states throughout the country for Trump to craft his next administration on.

That whole Project 2025 thing democrats fear monger about is merely Heritage helpfully making an outline for Trump to hire allies and get rid of holdovers this time. Which is pretty much what every President does but Trump didn’t at the beginning.

One can chalk that up to Trump possibly not expecting victory in 2016 but it’s all the same whether he did or not. He still put his trust in the wrong people based on a letter. Not by where they stood on the centerpieces of his platform.

It’s also Trump was a one man movement in 2016. MAGA didn’t have anybody else running g for office in 2016..it ran concurrently with the last gasp of the Tea Party movement which is mostly opposed to Trump on major issues in his platform.,so all the Republicans that joined him in Washington were of a more open borders, war machine, hyper internationalist capitalism bent.

So the ex-staff that don’t support Trump likely never did but a high level job is a high level job..many of them turned to democrats so their careers or media appearance can continue after Trump. Especially since the threat communicated through media is that anybody who worked for Trump is “tainted”. So obviously people who live and work in DC feel compelled to make nice. Especially if they personally believe Trump won’t win again.

I think Trump spun himself as an outsider because it sounded cool on the campaign trail but when push came to shove taking on that role would have presented a lot of work that he never planned on doing so he just rolled with it the status quo for the most part.

He's very good at branding/messaging. Very poor at putting in the leg work to make those things work in reality when given the opportunity.

Funny enough things like project warp speed showed he's not totally incapable of executing a plan but he has to distance himself from probably the best thing he did as president to not piss off the base.

I think Trump spun himself as an outsider because it sounded cool on the campaign trail but when push came to shove taking on that role would have presented a lot of work that he never planned on doing so he just rolled with it the status quo for the most part.

He's very good at branding/messaging. Very poor at putting in the leg work to make those things work in reality when given the opportunity.

Funny enough things like project warp speed showed he's not totally incapable of executing a plan but he has to distance himself from probably the best thing he did as president to not piss off the base.

If anyone has ever worked for a sales company or some sort of sales job, trump is a classic salesperson turned ceo.

Amazing at delievering a message but when it comes to the details and execution it’s all bark and no bite. No understanding of the know how to do what he promises.

So you're saying he's a modern Caligula

Hol up, Mattis and Kelly are neocons under this explanation?

It was said that Donald was a fantastic business man who would hire the best people. So now I’m supposed to think his choices were terrible and he’ll do better next time? Interesting.

It’s all in my post. There is a wider movement and network of connections for him to build his administration from this time. In DC and throughout the country. The neoconservatives were still the establishment then but are fringe minorities now and powerless.

They’re doing their last available political job of making “the conservative case for leftism” before they go completely extinct.

It all starts with who he hires to direct the transition.
If it’s somebody like Reince Priebus. Expect more dogshit hires. I have a hard time seeing that happening with how beleaguered Bush conservatives are in the GOP and to Trump now.

You can troll him for “I hire the best people” all you want. That is fair. He hired Christopher Wray at the direction of Neocons.

As Trump now admits that he didn’t and acknowledges the reasons why..which is in line with my post and I have said it for years.

Trump doesn’t admit he’s wrong often. So if he has come to terms with the fact that his hiring was dogshit and knows why it was dogshit..then I expect he’ll out his trust in the right people.

We’ll find out around mid November if the hiring will get better or not this time ;)

- He is a scam artist trying to milk US for every penny!

Hol up, Mattis and Kelly are neocons under this explanation?
Don't take the bait. He's trying to steer the conversation in a different direction to steer away from the content of what the cabinet members have actually said.

Way to fill a post with standard talking points while not directly addressing the things cabinet members actually said. This is not much different than a premeditated reply celebrities or politicians are supposed to provide when asked the tough questions.

1. His vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”

2. His second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

3. His first secretary of defense, James Mattis: “Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

4. His second secretary of defense, Mark Esper: “I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”

5. His chairman of the joint chiefs, retired Gen. Mark Milley, seemed to invoke Trump: “We don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator. We take an oath to the Constitution and we take an oath to the idea that is America – and we’re willing to die to protect it.”

6. His first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson: “(Trump’s) understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited. It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this.”

7. His first ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley: “He used to be good on foreign policy and now he has started to walk it back and get weak in the knees when it comes to Ukraine. A terrible thing happened on January 6 and he called it a beautiful day.”

8. His presidential transition vice-chairman, Chris Christie: “Someone who I would argue now is just out for himself.”

9. His second national security adviser, HR McMaster: “We saw the absence of leadership, really anti-leadership, and what that can do to our country.”

10. His third national security adviser, John Bolton: “I believe (foreign leaders) think he is a laughing fool.”
Let me let you in on something. You have not worked directly with Donald Trump. All of these people he personally appointed did. If you really think the common theme these people said about him is all made up, you have some self reflection to do.

12. His former acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, who resigned as US special envoy to Ireland after January 6, 2021: “I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”
15. His secretary of education, Betsy DeVos, who resigned after January 6: “When I saw what was happening on January 6 and didn’t see the president step in and do what he could have done to turn it back or slow it down or really address the situation, it was just obvious to me that I couldn’t continue.”

16. His secretary of transportation, Elaine Chao, who resigned after January 6: “At a particular point the events were such that it was impossible for me to continue, given my personal values and my philosophy.

17. His first secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: “…the president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”
18. His first homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”

19. His former personal lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen: “Donald’s an idiot.”

20. His White House lawyer, Ty Cobb: “Trump relentlessly puts forth claims that are not true.”

21. A former director of strategic communications, Alyssa Farah Griffin, who is now a CNN political commentator: “We can stand by the policies, but at this point we cannot stand by the man.”
You simply cannot wave all this away and say- they are all neocons, what they say about him is unimportant because they had an agenda.

Last edited:
To be fair those people were all fucking morons for serving in his administration and thinking that it wouldn’t be a trash fire or that he was capable of maturing and growing into the job
- Money. Trump professional life has been around to we all to read, even when i was a kid, they had him on mags.

If multiple people that worked close to him say that he is a disaster. The painting is on the wall whether you like it or not.
What do these multiple people see as good/not a disaster?

Are these multiple people the same folks who support forever wars and gay conversion therapy? If you don’t respect these multiple people in first place, why would you take stock in what they say about Trump?

What do these multiple people see as good/not a disaster?

Are these multiple people the same folks who support forever wars and gay conversion therapy? If you don’t respect these multiple people in first place, why would you take stock in what they say about Trump?

Ad Hominem​

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument. The fallacious attack can also be direct to membership in a group or institution.

OR!

Trump's a piece of shit wholly unfit to be President.

Occam's Razor...

Back