How did Wanderlei continue his fighting career after getting a nose job?

Fighting is retarded, it makes your face look ugly. Even Rockhold has cauliflower ears IIRC.

Just leave it until u retire like jerome le banner

In Wands case he had surgery for medical/functional reasons, so he can breath through his nose again + he removed scar tissue so he won't cut easily etc. Maybe the scar tissue part was partly for looks but I remember hearing about his nose surgery, that he could hardly breath at all through his nose from breaking it so much.

Yah i had septoplasty for deviated septum. Doc recommended 2 weeks until I could roll again. Striking will probably be more. Be warned, that shit will be sensitive as hell for a long time, and it takes a while to build up your confidence again. I was really worried about getting accidentally headbutted or kneed, and I favored it a lot while rolling.
A septoplasty does not change the shape or integrity of your nose.

Unless you mean you had a septo/rhinoplasty because you had a big honker and wanted the shape changed.

Yeah, the nose job / face lift seemed to change something about him. He wasn't the same afterward. As for physically how he kept fighting, that's a good question. You'd think the continued blows to the surgical areas would mess things up. But granted, obviously things were healed prior to him fighting again. So clearly it's not a big deal.

I had my nose broken maybe 10 times in my life, first time via a headbutt aged 15, after that all street fights, then final one was in an mma fight aged about 30 yo (head movement was never my strong point :confused:) and was getting sick of the difficulty I had breathing through it especially trying to sleep at night so opted for the nose job a few years back. Doc straightened it up fairly well though not quite perfect but the main thing is I can breathe pretty good through it now. It does feel vulnerable though and I'll be damned if I let someone bop me on the bugle again :D
If i remember right this was Wandy situation...he broke his nose some many times that he really had no choice.

A septoplasty does not change the shape or integrity of your nose.

Unless you mean you had a septo/rhinoplasty because you had a big honker and wanted the shape changed.

I never said anything about changing the shape of my nose. Septoplasty removes scar tissue, widens passages, and optional removal of turbinids. My nose was still sensitive for a long time. Hurt like hell.

I’ll gaurantee Wand had more than septoplasty. Allegedly, his nose reconstruction was used as an instructional for med school students. He likely had rhinoplasty as well. Doctors often do both simultaneously. In fact, the Dr. tried to upsell me rhinoplasty “while he was in there.” I declined because my nose hasn’t been busted, i just have shitty sinus genes. I’m a C level athlete.

Back