How did Wanderlei continue his fighting career after getting a nose job?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Thought you couldn't fight anymore after a nose job .Wouldn't it break much easier and stuff? Never happend. Ircc Shane Mosley and Oscar de la Hoya did the same thing.

I'm getting a septhoplasty next month, got hit hard by a straight shot and can't properly breath out of my left nose anymore. Anyone knows how long it will take untill i can spar again?

Not very well. Pre-nose job snorkel treadmill Wandy was an animal.

No clue lol.

I wish you good luck with the surgery, bro.

Pride never dies.

Good luck, and a very nice sneaky way of getting your nose job story into the heavies by mentioning fighters who have also gotten nose jobs.

In before PVZ comparison ...

I had my nose broken maybe 10 times in my life, first time via a headbutt aged 15, after that all street fights, then final one was in an mma fight aged about 30 yo (head movement was never my strong point :confused:) and was getting sick of the difficulty I had breathing through it especially trying to sleep at night so opted for the nose job a few years back. Doc straightened it up fairly well though not quite perfect but the main thing is I can breathe pretty good through it now. It does feel vulnerable though and I'll be damned if I let someone bop me on the bugle again :D

Last edited:
lots of fighters get a broken nose during fights. do you think all of them had to retire afterwards?

Avoid being punched in the face. Sorry, only pointer I can give.

never been hit in the nose but damn that must suck

I'm pretty sure he got like a facelift and scar tissue removal. I don't recall him getting a nose job. I could be wrong. But maybe his surgeon is just better than yours.

I'm pretty sure he got like a facelift and scar tissue removal. I don't recall him getting a nose job. I could be wrong. But maybe his surgeon is just better than yours.
He defo got one, look at it

jack_palance1.jpg

How did Miesha Tate continue her fighting career after getting a boob job?

Thought you couldn't fight anymore after a nose job .Wouldn't it break much easier and stuff? Never happend. Ircc Shane Mosley and Oscar de la Hoya did the same thing.

I'm getting a septhoplasty next month, got hit hard by a straight shot and can't properly breath out of my left nose anymore. Anyone knows how long it will take untill i can spar again?
IIRC, during his UFC run, he said that he did a special surgery that helped him breath much better...

Yah i had septoplasty for deviated septum. Doc recommended 2 weeks until I could roll again. Striking will probably be more. Be warned, that shit will be sensitive as hell for a long time, and it takes a while to build up your confidence again. I was really worried about getting accidentally headbutted or kneed, and I favored it a lot while rolling.

Last edited:
Back