How can anyone say that a guy who's never been beaten or even rocked, is not the GOAT?

Serious question, I'm extremely confused. We have a group of guys who are all considered top fighters. Jones, Silva, Fedor, DC, Aldo and GSP.

Of these fighters, only ONE has never even been put on queer street in a fight, let alone beaten by another man in the octagon.....and he did this while snorting coke and partying, instead of training.

Let me reiterate.....HE"S NEVER EVEN BEEN ROCKED IN A FIGHT.

I don't care about his life outside of the cage.......in the cage, we've NEVER seen another fighter as dominant as Jones.

I'm really curious about this. Some of it I'm sure is racial, some of it is nationality based ( people from Russia, Canada, etc. ) and some people are taking his life outside of the cage and letting it influence their thoughts on his fighting skills, but those are all subjective and misplaced preferences.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, Jones has NEVER LOST to another fighter. He's never even been rocked. There's literally no RATIONAL argument that can be made for anyone else being the GOAT.

Because he basically said he wouldn’t fight someone with a size and/or skill advantage over him. Also, talent pool is not as deep in those weightclasses. It’s all up for debate.

I think greatness doesn’t really come from your win to loss ratio or how many times you get rocked. Just look at Ali.

I think it’s the narrative and context that surrounds a career.

Like, I know this will sound silly but I really believe Sakuraba to be one among the greats, not for his record— But for his absolutely huge balls and how he wrecked that whole Gracie mystique. How he was doing all this professional wrestling stuff but was able to apply the showmanship and technique to a real fight. The double hand chops, the baseball slide kick, cartwheels into guard, jumping stomps, etc etc. it was just great and epic. Legend shit.

When you test positive for PEDs not once, not twice, but multiple times, you discount yourself from 'GOAT' arguments, and invalidate your records. There will forever be an asterisk next to Jon Jones' accomplishments.

Santos? the same guy who Jones beat at his own game? the guy who fucked up both of his knees trying to go head to head with Bones? mmmmkay

Strange that Jones was the one being carried out of the cage after such a dominant performance, huh??? (just Google "Jon Jones carried out of cage" if you need to remind yourself)

You can have opinions on other fighters using PEDs but you're opinions are worth a turd in the hand... because Jones actually fails tests and they don't... same system, and everybody's dirty, yet only Jon can't stop pulsing... gotta be racism!

If anything, he's the Barry Bonds or Alex Rodriquez of mma. Very talented but will always have an asterisk next to their names

Why do people always say it's obvious that GSP was on steroids? Sure, he was always very muscular, but with the way he used to fight (fought rather measured mostly and never put on a ridiculous pace, like Covington for example) i don't think it's impossible to look like him and still have enough cardio for MMA. There are enough pro-footballers (the football you're playing mostly with your feet) who also have a very impressive physiques, and to be a pro-footballer today you'll have to have tons of anaerobic endurance, explosivity, speed and overall athleticism.
george-elokobi.jpg

fb38a0d4c56a7372933d6eee4411e86b

shaqiri-super-body-640.jpg
DwtrAS7WoAgXC9N.jpg

D92YoIMXUAEQWxp.jpg

lol, this dude above me thinks professional soccer players are clean

Serious Answer; because knocking someone out on the feet isn't the only way to win in MMA. He was almost finished by leg kicks against an injured Santos, Vitor of all people locked up an armbar from the bottom against him, Gus concussed him with an accumulation of punches although he wasn't obviously wobbled.

What you said does not apply to what I said. We only know about the failures.
So you can say he was on ped’s arguably for one fight. Why does that invalidate him as a goat candidate then?

So you can say he was on ped’s arguably for one fight. Why does that invalidate him as a goat candidate then?

One fight? Try two and multiple times for Jones. How come bonds is not in the hall of fame? How come Armstrong was stripped of his achievements?

So you are accusing GSP of PED’s?
Do you always gargle GSP’s nuts the same? Or some days do you put mustard on it? Gotta be stale after this long right? How do you suck on someone’s nuts so much in general?

Why do people always say it's obvious that GSP was on steroids? Sure, he was always very muscular, but with the way he used to fight (fought rather measured mostly and never put on a ridiculous pace, like Covington for example) i don't think it's impossible to look like him and still have enough cardio for MMA. There are enough pro-footballers (the football you're playing mostly with your feet) who also have a very impressive physiques, and to be a pro-footballer today you'll have to have tons of anaerobic endurance, explosivity, speed and overall athleticism.
george-elokobi.jpg

DwtrAS7WoAgXC9N.jpg

D92YoIMXUAEQWxp.jpg

lol

Serious question, I'm extremely confused. We have a group of guys who are all considered top fighters. Jones, Silva, Fedor, DC, Aldo and GSP.

Of these fighters, only ONE has never even been put on queer street in a fight, let alone beaten by another man in the octagon.....and he did this while snorting coke and partying, instead of training.

I don't care about his life outside of the cage.......in the cage, we've NEVER seen another fighter as dominant as Jones.

I'm really curious about this. Some of it I'm sure is racial, some of it is nationality based ( people from Russia, Canada, etc. ) and some people are taking his life outside of the cage and letting it influence their thoughts on his fighting skills, but those are all subjective and misplaced preferences.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, Jones has NEVER LOST to another fighter. He's never even been rocked. There's literally no RATIONAL argument that can be made for anyone else being the GOAT.

The rational argument is that Jon has tested positive for banned substances on two completely separate occasions. Furthermore like p4p, GOAT not a real thing. It’s just a subject pile of garbage for hot takers to talk about because they lack real knowledge on the sport. I would guess you listen to a lot of ESPN radio or the like.

when you say rocked? ok.....but jones has come close to being finished by sub before.

Lets forget jon is goat cuz of PEDs.

jones pattycakes with his reach and just counters.

take away his reach (and peds), Jones is not goat.

btw santos got split dec.........santos ffs, the easiest fight in his career.

jon will get beat soon.

Last edited:
One fight? Try two and multiple times for Jones. How come bonds is not in the hall of fame? How come Armstrong was stripped of his achievements?
He only failed for one fight. That’s just fact. His first violation lead to his fight being canceled and a year suspension (and it was determined he was not a drug cheat by the arbitration panel).

I listed a long list of boxers who have used. As far as I know very few exclude them from greats discussions because of it.

george-elokobi.jpg

DwtrAS7WoAgXC9N.jpg

D92YoIMXUAEQWxp.jpg
And why do you think they’re all clean?

He only failed for one fight. That’s just fact. His first violation lead to his fight being canceled and a year suspension (and it was determined he was not a drug cheat by the arbitration panel).

I listed a long list of boxers who have used. As far as I know very few exclude them from greats discussions because of it.

What is your problem with what I said? You don’t like the fact that testing for PED’s hurts the legacy? This is in any sport and I don’t know what to tell you about that.

Did they overturn the failed test?

Steroids!

What is your problem with what I said? You don’t like the fact that testing for PED’s hurts the legacy? This is in any sport and I don’t know what to tell you about that.

Did they overturn the failed test?
I’m fine with it hurting legacy. I’m just questioning your logic, if you are giving him the benefit of the doubt for all but one of his fights.

you're forgetting about that beatdown by matt hamill.

Back