How can anyone say that a guy who's never been beaten or even rocked, is not the GOAT?

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Serious question, I'm extremely confused. We have a group of guys who are all considered top fighters. Jones, Silva, Fedor, DC, Aldo and GSP.

Of these fighters, only ONE has never even been put on queer street in a fight, let alone beaten by another man in the octagon.....and he did this while snorting coke and partying, instead of training.

Let me reiterate.....HE'S NEVER EVEN BEEN ROCKED IN A FIGHT.

I don't care about his life outside of the cage.......in the cage, we've NEVER seen another fighter as dominant as Jones.

I'm really curious about this. Some of it I'm sure is racial bias, some of it is nationality bias ( people from Russia, Canada, etc. ) and some people are taking his life outside of the cage and letting it influence their thoughts on his fighting skills, but those are all subjective and misplaced preferences.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, Jones has NEVER LOST to another fighter. He's never even been rocked. There's literally no RATIONAL argument that can be made for anyone else being the GOAT.

Last edited:
Why does jon take steroids ruining his legacy if he knows he is so good without them?

Why does jon take steroids ruining his legacy if he knows he is so good without them?

Why does any fighter use performance enhancers?

And we aren't talking about Bisping or Hunt, probably the only 2 guys who have never touched an enhancer.

You mean Khabib?

in before Jones haters pretend MMA is a clean spor... nevermind.

"Because I'm still butthurt he beat my favorite fighters. :( "

~ Sherdog

There's literally no RATIONAL argument that can be made for anyone else being the GOAT.
Someone who is a proven steroid user is not eligible for GOAT status.
We have no idea how good (or bad) Jones would be if he fought clean.

Multiple PED busts are a obvious disqualifier.

dZNhY9D.gif

LHW is shit division with shit talent. Only division weaker is the HW.

Serious question, I'm extremely confused. We have a group of guys who are all considered top fighters. Jones, Silva, Fedor, DC, Aldo and GSP.

Of these fighters, only ONE has never even been put on queer street in a fight, let alone beaten by another man in the octagon.....and he did this while snorting coke and partying, instead of training.

I don't care about his life outside of the cage.......in the cage, we've NEVER seen another fighter as dominant as Jones.

I'm really curious about this. Some of it I'm sure is racial, some of it is nationality based ( people from Russia, Canada, etc. ) and some people are taking his life outside of the cage and letting it influence their thoughts on his fighting skills, but those are all subjective and misplaced preferences.

OBJECTIVELY speaking, Jones has NEVER LOST to another fighter. He's never even been rocked. There's literally no RATIONAL argument that can be made for anyone else being the GOAT.

Fedor didn't even lose a round in 10 years and at that point had 10 more fights than Jones has now. How can you say Fedor is not the GOAT?

In college I studied really hard for this test. I was well prepared but I had to do well, and I only had 1 shot to do it. I managed to get the answers before the test through a source, but it turned out the test wasn't so hard and I didn't need them.

I didn't actually cheat on that test. Right?

Fedor didn't even lose a round in 10 years and at that point had 10 more fights than Jones has now. How can you say Fedor is not the GOAT?
+ in a division where each punch can knock you out.

Threads been done a lot of times.

PEDs + eyepokes are the answer.

Cheating in and out of the cage.

Just a recommendation for your arguments: you should address and refute likely counterclaims, which in this case would be his proven steroid use. You say there is "no rational argument" for anyone else being the GOAT, but everyone who's participated in this argument knows that there is: GSP's accomplishments aren't tainted by any cheating.

Honestly, this isn't even to argue that GSP is the GOAT; I'd probably still pick Jones. It's just frustrating to see someone go all absolutist on this shit while ignoring the obvious.

If Jones was clean he would fight as well as CM Punk

Back