How are we supposed to take WMMA seriously...

You probably drank from that same straw that said Bethe had a chance to win, right?

Absolutely not. I told everyone who asked that Bethe would not last the first, likely not last two minutes, and that this was a complete squash. The strawman is strong with you.

just watched this fight,sweet little combo nunes got mcman with, all 3 punches right on the button.

A lot of people would not watch WMMA if UFC separates WMMA from men's MMA. It's hard to avoid WMMA when there is a WMMA fight between your favorite guys.

It's like trying to avoid 15 minutes Coors commercial at the bottom of the 9th inning in the MLB World Series.

Completely agree. I don't like seeing women fight...call me an old school, close minded guy, fine, but I don't want to see women being hurt. If you do, it makes me think you have issues as well.

I am forced to watch WMMA when it's in the middle of the UFC cards I buy. And all the fights I've seen are poor technique (especially standing) and just random looking brawls that occasionally end by Ronda by arm bar.

Ronda is selling PPV's we all know that, that's great...I'm talking about her competition.

If the selling point of WMMA is 'we're more technical than most HW's!!' I don't really see the selling point. Especially since HW's usually have that 1 punch KO, it can end at any time excitement (of course you can point out anomalies on both sides, but it's true).

WMMA is looking worse when Ronda's opponents can't even perform at their best aspects.

Nunes looked beastly...against a Ronda opponent who barely lasted a minute against her. While Sara did absolutely nothing. Do you really think this made WMMA look good, with a recent WMMA wrestler title contender looking this awful?

It's pathetic...

At least Rondas competition is actually on winning streaks.
In mens mma you can lose your way to a title shot or just go 1-1.

Absolutely not. I told everyone who asked that Bethe would not last the first, likely not last two minutes, and that this was a complete squash. The strawman is strong with you.

So tell me again...why should we watch WMMA if the CHAMPIONSHIP fights are ridiculous squash matches?

...when the 'best' wrestler in the division (silver medalist) shows HORRIBLE takedowns? I mean my god...McMann couldn't have been more in on her hips, and she still wasn't able to get her down or even force her backwards...just awful.

The competition in WMMA is an absolute joke. The women who fight or have fought Rousey are just nothing in terms of competition. Every time a women wins a fight at 135lbs they make it seem like she has a chance at the title. It's such a joke. Might as well line up kung fu fighters against Royce Gracie, it's that ridiculous...

A ton of white knights will come to defend Ronda's honor. This thread is going to be so full of ignorance. It's already getting good!

Completely agree. I don't like seeing women fight...call me an old school, close minded guy, fine, but I don't want to see women being hurt. If you do, it makes me think you have issues as well.

I am forced to watch WMMA when it's in the middle of the UFC cards I buy. And all the fights I've seen are poor technique (especially standing) and just random looking brawls that occasionally end by Ronda by arm bar.
Yes all of us WMMA fans are sadists that get off on women getting hurt...

Now you're just reaching man. I like watching good fights and I couldn't care less what gender the fighters are as long as they deliver that.

Which heavyweight has great takedown skills?

Hunt? Duffee? Mir? Struve? Nelson? Browne? Arlovski? Rothwell?

There are like 3 heavyweights with legit takedown skills.

why do HWs need TD when they can finish the other guy with one punch?

So tell me again...why should we watch WMMA if the CHAMPIONSHIP fights are ridiculous squash matches?
Bethe was an anomaly because she was the first one that pretty much all of us knew didn't stand a chance. She only got the fight because she ran her mouth and Ronda called her out in her post fight interview against Cat.

Don't fucking watch it, you crybaby. You're too fucking ignorant to understand that you're witnessing greatness in action, a once in a lifetime type of fighter who transcends the sport. Meanwhile you fucking hypocrisize all over yourself saying you don't want to watch girls get hurt, but Ronda should fight a convicted roid cheat. There's a very simple way to get your point across: ignore it, and don't put coin after it if there are girlfights on there. Everything else is just ignorant (and now sexist) grousing.

Why do so many care what 'IBeLurkin' thinks of WMMA

He feels strongly & has some points ...
Let him sulk or get angry every time a WMMA fight is on a card ... WGAS?

I give you credit TS ... you kept this going longer than most lol

So you finally take off your mask.....just another Women's MMA hate thread.

You are the only one with issues. If you haven't figured it out yet that women aren't getting hurt any more than men in the sport then maybe you need to check into that clinic for help or stop watching the sport all together.

Last edited:
... there have been many fighters that were hyped in the same way as McMann. And disappointed many with their supposed specialty, just like McMann.

Why won't you children realize that this also happens in MMA?

So you finally take off your mask.....just another MMA hate thread.

You are the only one with issues. If you haven't figured it out yet that women aren't getting hurt any more than men in the sport then maybe you need to check into that clinic for help or stop watching the sport all together.

You couldn't see this was a part troll thread from the beginning?

You couldn't see this was a part troll thread from the beginning?

They are pretty much all hate threads. It is just amazing that some are dumb enough to reveal themselves in the middle of their own thread. Most try to cloak it like they are being impartial.

Hey Lurkin, thread's going great so far. Hang in there, champ.

They are pretty much all hate threads. It is just amazing that some are dumb enough to reveal themselves in the middle of their own thread. Most try to cloak it like they are being impartial.

When I opened the thread it was obvious the "we" was just a thread where he can state his opinion about how much 'smarter' he was than most (in his mind)
It was obvious immediately

Meanwhile you fucking hypocrisize all over yourself saying you don't want to watch girls get hurt, but Ronda should fight a convicted roid cheat. There's a very simple way to get your point across: ignore it, and don't put coin after it if there are girlfights on there. Everything else is just ignorant (and now sexist) grousing.

Greatness, ha...the same as we already saw in Royce. And everyone still thinks of Royce as the best fighter, right?

I don't see how I 'hypocrisize' if I don't want to watch women fight. Ronda shouldn't fight Cyborg. If I ruled the world, she wouldn't fight at all. I don't like seeing women harmed.

I guess you think I'm a dick because I don't like it when women are getting punched in the face. Sorry dude, we're just going to have to disagree on this issue. I'm not going to try to persuade you to my side, because I don't know you and don't care to get to know you. If you like seeing women getting beaten and having battered faces, more power to you.

I do not. I realize that the womans battle is in giving birth, a fight that is both lethal and one so painful that guys can not imagine it. True, some women don't have kids...but it doesn't change the fact that men are born stronger to fight, and women are born to birth children.

Call it sexist all you want. But I will buy the UFC PPV's with my fav fighters.

And I bet you will too...

When I opened the thread it was obvious the "we" was just a thread where he can state his opinion about how much 'smarter' he was than most (in his mind)
It was obvious immediately

I knew it was a hate thread without even opening the thread. I just enjoy playing the game.

Back