How are we supposed to take WMMA seriously...

IBeLurkin

I see you've come to this battle of wits unarmed
@Black
Reaction score
...when the 'best' wrestler in the division (silver medalist) shows HORRIBLE takedowns? I mean my god...McMann couldn't have been more in on her hips, and she still wasn't able to get her down or even force her backwards...just awful.

The competition in WMMA is an absolute joke. The women who fight or have fought Rousey are just nothing in terms of competition. Every time a women wins a fight at 135lbs they make it seem like she has a chance at the title. It's such a joke. Might as well line up kung fu fighters against Royce Gracie, it's that ridiculous...

Shouldnt you admire Amanda TDD and effective striking?

ForcefulWatchfulCuckoo.gif

McMann's technique is still much better than most heavyweights.

Hard to take down someone that much taller without a really low grip. Would chock that up to improved TDD from Nunes

With Ronda's PPV numbers, I think it's safe to assume it is taken seriously.

McMann's technique is still much better than most heavyweights.

Yeah, amazingly, this is true.

But Amanda Nunes is beastly. But of course the TS won't focus on that.

...when the 'best' wrestler in the division (silver medalist) shows HORRIBLE takedowns? I mean my god...McMann couldn't have been more in on her hips, and she still wasn't able to get her down or even force her backwards...just awful.

The competition in WMMA is an absolute joke. The women who fight or have fought Rousey are just nothing in terms of competition. Every time a women wins a fight at 135lbs they make it seem like she has a chance at the title. It's such a joke. Might as well line up kung fu fighters against Royce Gracie, it's that ridiculous...

I stopped on your first sentence. McMann isn't the best wrestler in the division. Rousey and Tate are the two best wrestlers in the division.

You obviously don't have a clue about the women's division. Thread over.

TS is a joke and should stick to watching TUF

What about the two bags of sausage HW's we just saw breathe on each other for 15 min. I don't know about you, but I saw better technique in the McMann/Nunez fight vs the Rosholt/Johnson debacle.

How were Tim Johnson's hips? Or arms?

Rani Yahya is a jiu jitsu world and ADCC champion, after his fight everyone was talking about him lay and praying. It's like MMA is different from wrestling or BJJ.

Don't take it seriously. Nobody will care.

Yep, nothing to do with Amanda' perfect defence. Even the best Men's wrestlers don't get 100 percent of takedowns. I'm not a big fan of WMMA, but credit where credit is due, please. Amanda was fantastic tonight.

With Ronda's PPV numbers, I think it's safe to assume it is taken seriously.

Yeah, amazingly, this is true.

But Amanda Nunes is beastly. But of course the TS won't focus on that.

Ronda is selling PPV's we all know that, that's great...I'm talking about her competition.

If the selling point of WMMA is 'we're more technical than most HW's!!' I don't really see the selling point. Especially since HW's usually have that 1 punch KO, it can end at any time excitement (of course you can point out anomalies on both sides, but it's true).

WMMA is looking worse when Ronda's opponents can't even perform at their best aspects.

Nunes looked beastly...against a Ronda opponent who barely lasted a minute against her. While Sara did absolutely nothing. Do you really think this made WMMA look good, with a recent WMMA wrestler title contender looking this awful?

It's pathetic...

Ronda is selling PPV's we all know that, that's great...I'm talking about her competition.

If the selling point of WMMA is 'we're more technical than most HW's!!' I don't really see the selling point. Especially since HW's usually have that 1 punch KO, it can end at any time excitement (of course you can point out anomalies on both sides, but it's true).

WMMA is looking worse when Ronda's opponents can't even perform at their best aspects.

Nunes looked beastly...against a Ronda opponent who barely lasted a minute against her. While Sara did absolutely nothing. Do you really think this made WMMA look good, with a recent WMMA wrestler title contender looking this awful?

It's pathetic...

Your posting game is pathetic. Nunes broke Sara's nose with one punch and then finished her. It was an impressive performance.

It's pathetic...

So don't watch. Vote with you attention.

Mark Hunt fought for a title last year, and look where he is now. So did Machida. None of that reflects poorly on the entire division though.

Back