How are we supposed to take WMMA seriously...

I will take Tate's guts & threshold for pain over most of the male fighters

For a fairly new sport (WMMA) the talent is actually very good & it will only get much better in 3-5 years when a newer crop comes up that are working on techniques now

He's right though, ronda herself is great on the ground but does tend to throw limp wristed slaps during punching combis... I do enjoy womans mma but it's not the same level as the Mena division

Better than most HW's when she struggles or fails to get a 135lb female to the mat…

Yeah, they will have you believe that, haha...

I feel bad saying WMMA is weak, but c'mon...give it a real look, and it clearly is. It's only been a sport for a few years now.

Look at every modern sport...were they the best ever at it within only the first few years? Of course not. Because no one has been training for it all their lives. What woman has been training combat sports all their life? You'll find this all over with guys, between BJJ and boxing and wrestling...but not with women. It's just not there.

THen you have absolutly no clue about wrestling Rosholt and Johnson both showed high level technnique not only in takedowns, but in the things that high level wrestlers actually know how to do like

Mat Control
Clinch Work
Takedowns and on Rosholts part TDD and his own counters.
Actually keeping you opponent grounded after a take down and not letting them back up in 3 seconds.

Sure It does not look pretty but if McMann weighed 265 lbs she wouldn't be wrestling she'd be bed ridden. Just because a heavyweight can't do the same moved a 140lb can do does not mean they don't have technique it just means if they tried to do a flying roll and landed on their shoulder they'd break their fucking clavicle under their own weight and stick to doing the basics well.

McMann showed all of that in her other fights. You act like this is the only fight McMann ever gotten into.

Johnson and Rosholt sucks. Seriously, they are like two fat guys who can't swing to save their life.

Yeah, they will have you believe that, haha...

What woman has been training combat sports all their life? You'll find this all over with guys, between BJJ and boxing and wrestling...but not with women. It's just not there.
You mean besides Ronda, Cat, Miesha, Joanna, Holm, Carla and McMann? Oh you didn't know they've trained some form of martial art their entire life? Mmkay

Your posting game is pathetic. Nunes broke Sara's nose with one punch and then finished her. It was an impressive performance.

I'm IBeLurkin, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah...

...You didn't care to read anything I said. I'm saying the WMMA competition is awful. And this just helped to prove it.

But you won't understand that, so...

I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever. There's never been anybody as ruthless.

You mean besides Ronda, Cat, Miesha, Joanna, Holm, Carla and McMann? Oh you didn't know they've trained some form of martial art their entire life? Mmkay

Oh you're right, there's a couple of them, so they must represent a ton of athletic women who are training in it as well, right?

Also, please tell me all of their extensive backgrounds in combat sports, with sources. I know at least one of your examples (one of the most successful, who'd have thought???) actually has the same amount of experience as most amateurs...

Do I need to start listing the WMMA competitors (and title challengers) who don't have more than a couple of years at the local gym?

I stopped on your first sentence. McMann isn't the best wrestler in the division. Rousey and Tate are the two best wrestlers in the division.

You obviously don't have a clue about the women's division. Thread over.

I must have missed when Tate wrestled anywhere outside of high school...and Rousey is a judoka, not a wrestler. Plus Ronda shared bronze in the Olympics, McMann won silver...in wrestling.

Get your facts right man. Maybe you should read full posts before quoting them, and then look up your 'facts', and then, afterwards, MAYBE, post...

...But I don't recommend you posting much, if this is any sign of your control of the English language...

Which heavyweight has great takedown skills?

Hunt? Duffee? Mir? Struve? Nelson? Browne? Arlovski? Rothwell?

There are like 3 heavyweights with legit takedown skills.

They are versing 250+ LB men. I'm not for one second saying anyone at HW has the most elite skill set but I cut the big guys a lot of slack when 99% of the UFC is ducking HW because they know they'll get wrecked.

As an example: Ben Rothwell might not have the most elite skill set out there but he beats 99% of the UFC in the fight and he makes it look easy. It's cute that these lower division get to have their own belts, but if you're ducking open weight you better make sure your skill set is elite to justify the segregation.

ForcefulWatchfulCuckoo.gif

brilliant

Women might not fight as good as men, but holy shit do a bunch of you out-bitch females on a daily basis!

Holy shit

Oh you're right, there's a couple of them, so they must represent a ton of athletic women who are training in it as well, right?

Also, please tell me all of their extensive backgrounds in combat sports, with sources. I know at least one of your examples (one of the most successful, who'd have thought???) actually has the same amount of experience as most amateurs...

Do I need to start listing the WMMA competitors (and title challengers) who don't have more than a couple of years at the local gym?

I didnt realize we were talking about OSP here. Or did you mean someone with extensive MMA training like Travis Browne?

The rest of the division is so bad, it gives the appearance that Ronda is so damn good.

WMMA is a joke right now and skill wise, Ronda isn't anything special. Her Judo is good, her striking is mediocre, her opponents are absolutely horrible.

Also McMann won a silver medal 11 years ago

I didnt realize we were talking about OSP here. Or did you mean someone with extensive MMA training like Travis Browne?

Lol, so your answer is pointing out two guys? As opposed to the multitude of poorly-trained women who are in line to fight Ronda?

The whole point of this thread is that WMMA is not anywhere the level of MMA, so why should we pay for fights that feature WMMA?

Ronda is the WMMA version of Royce...she's so far above the game, that one of her 'best opponents' (Cat) didn't think Ronda would be going for her arm (wtf?).

It's just stupid...all that is left for Ronda at 135 (and obviously they'll keep her at 135, because why would they risk her against Cyborg) is rematches.

Yay for Ronda vs Tate 3!!!!.....

The whole point of this thread is that WMMA is not anywhere the level of MMA, so why should we pay for fights that feature WMMA?

You don't have to pay. Plenty of others will. Ronda is a phenomenon and transcends the sport. Her haters have to grasp at straws to discredit her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back