How are we supposed to take WMMA seriously...

Ronda is selling PPV's we all know that, that's great...I'm talking about her competition.

If the selling point of WMMA is 'we're more technical than most HW's!!' I don't really see the selling point. Especially since HW's usually have that 1 punch KO, it can end at any time excitement (of course you can point out anomalies on both sides, but it's true).

WMMA is looking worse when Ronda's opponents can't even perform at their best aspects.

Nunes looked beastly...against a Ronda opponent who barely lasted a minute against her. While Sara did absolutely nothing. Do you really think this made WMMA look good, with a recent WMMA wrestler title contender looking this awful?

It's pathetic...

You realize you're talking about an Olympic silver medalist right? Nothing you say is going to change the fact that McMann is a great wrestler. Wrestling, however, is not MMA and she needs more work to transition her game. But let's not pretend like she's not a good wrestler because she got blasted after a whiffed leg kick. Not exactly her forte.

If Sara had won tonight, TS would have gone "look at this mediocre wrestler dominating the division, how are we supposed to take WMMA seriously"...

You know its true.

ForcefulWatchfulCuckoo.gif

:icon_lol:

...when the 'best' wrestler in the division (silver medalist) shows HORRIBLE takedowns? I mean my god...McMann couldn't have been more in on her hips, and she still wasn't able to get her down or even force her backwards...just awful.

The competition in WMMA is an absolute joke. The women who fight or have fought Rousey are just nothing in terms of competition. Every time a women wins a fight at 135lbs they make it seem like she has a chance at the title. It's such a joke. Might as well line up kung fu fighters against Royce Gracie, it's that ridiculous...

Hows it any different to LHW? The best wrestler in the division Cormier was ineffective against Jones.

The guys at LHW are largely nothing compared to Jones. Everytime a LHW wins a fight they make it seem like they actually have a chance at the belt but Jones steamrolls them. The current LHW Champ got his Titleshot off a loss, the current #1 contender got his shot off a loss.

If Sara had won tonight, TS would have gone "look at this mediocre wrestler dominating the division, how are we supposed to take WMMA seriously"...

You know its true.

Dominating the division? By beating someone nobody knew before tonight? After getting destroyed by Ronda?

Yeah, I would have been backing Sara as the next hype job to be sacrificed to Ronda...again...

Here I was saying wow Nunes is holding her own against the olympien. Thought it looked like two class fighters fighting each other.

Last edited:
What about the two bags of sausage HW's we just saw breathe on each other for 15 min. I don't know about you, but I saw better technique in the McMann/Nunez fight vs the Rosholt/Johnson debacle.

And the WMAA fight was so much more exciting! Better skills, better athleticism and a great finish as opposed to two fat dudes passing out.

...when the 'best' wrestler in the division (silver medalist) shows HORRIBLE takedowns? I mean my god...McMann couldn't have been more in on her hips, and she still wasn't able to get her down or even force her backwards...just awful.

The competition in WMMA is an absolute joke. The women who fight or have fought Rousey are just nothing in terms of competition. Every time a women wins a fight at 135lbs they make it seem like she has a chance at the title. It's such a joke. Might as well line up kung fu fighters against Royce Gracie, it's that ridiculous...

Oh shut the fuck up! These annoying cry baby threads are fucking embarrassing. What kind of man cries like this about bullshit?!

If you are so tired of WMMA stop watching it dumbass.

Yeah, amazingly, this is true.

But Amanda Nunes is beastly. But of course the TS won't focus on that.

Except no its not 113 lb highschool boys have better mat returns then Mcmann. Rosholt showed 10x better wrestling technique people like you just don't know shit about wrestling.

Mcmann literally had her back just flopped to the mat and then after somehow actually dragging her opponent down with shit technique that wouldn't be tolerated in a highschool practice makes no attempt to break her opponent down and just lets her back up. Fuck she might not even know how to throw leg hooks in she literally did nothing to keep her down.

Hows it any different to LHW? The best wrestler in the division Cormier was ineffective against Jones.

The guys at LHW are largely nothing compared to Jones. Everytime a LHW wins a fight they make it seem like they actually have a chance at the belt but Jones steamrolls them. The current LHW Champ got his Titleshot off a loss, the current #1 contender got his shot off a loss.

Are you comparing Jones title fights to Rondas?

Where Ronda wins in seconds...and Jon has to go to decision?

Is Gus largely nothing compared to Jones? Did you watch the fight?

Hell, I'm a pretty big Jones fan, but what you said just doesn't make any sense. LHW actually has contenders. WMMA has one real modern MMA fighter and a bunch of UFC 1 lvl women.

I've been looking for that GIF of Bethe running and bouncing in the cage before the Rousey fight but I can't find it. Anyone have it handy?

STFU and GTFO.

What about the two bags of sausage HW's we just saw breathe on each other for 15 min. I don't know about you, but I saw better technique in the McMann/Nunez fight vs the Rosholt/Johnson debacle.

THen you have absolutly no clue about wrestling Rosholt and Johnson both showed high level technnique not only in takedowns, but in the things that high level wrestlers actually know how to do like

Mat Control
Clinch Work
Takedowns and on Rosholts part TDD and his own counters.
Actually keeping you opponent grounded after a take down and not letting them back up in 3 seconds.

Sure It does not look pretty but if McMann weighed 265 lbs she wouldn't be wrestling she'd be bed ridden. Just because a heavyweight can't do the same moved a 140lb can do does not mean they don't have technique it just means if they tried to do a flying roll and landed on their shoulder they'd break their fucking clavicle under their own weight and stick to doing the basics well.

I usually shit on WMMA,too... but have you seen Anthony Christodoulou today?

Oh shut the fuck up! These annoying cry baby threads are fucking embarrassing. What kind of man cries like this about bullshit?!

If you are so tired of WMMA stop watching it dumbass.

LMAO, had to reply to this ridiculousness...

I like to watch good fights with good fighters, who know what the fuck they're doing. McMann was AWFUL tonight, and is one of the 'best' women fighters in the world.

I am tired of WMMA...I try not to watch it, but you know what, when I watch my favorite guys fight, they put these horrible fights on in between.

WMMA is of course on the level of UFC 1....why wouldn't it be? It's new. Women of this age aren't training for it, why would they. I'm sure Ronda is inspiring girls to train in the combat arts, and that's great.

But as for right now, WMMA is laughable compared to mens MMA. I watch a fight like Lawler vs MacDonald, and it's amazing how guys can be so tough and keep their technical wits about them. It's amazing.

Then I watch a 'top' WMMA fight...and AGAIN it's just UFC 1 level skill. It's ridiculous.

That's a big reason all the hardcore MMA fans knew Ronda vs Bethe was a squash match. Because the skills just aren't there.

This isn't about WMMA. It's about all MMA. Boring fights and mismatches.

Back