• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Season 2 (Official Trailer, post #20; Premieres June 16, 2024)

Fuck. Sounds more sinister in the book.

I didn’t read my book and sold it last month at a yard sale. What if I have to buy it again.

FF0901F5-98B9-48E0-B294-5C9C6C7DDB9A.jpeg

Just watched S02E01.

Having watched this yesterday, it's so apparent how inept all the royals in this show are, and I guess that's the point. Any power given by birthright is undeserved and only those who slowly accumulate are wise enough to keep it.

Otto is so damn unlikeable. At least Tywin Lannister had some charisma and a cunning presence. It's a wonder how Otto became Hand of three Kings, he doesn't seem as smart as Tywin, and he just makes people despise him. In another mafia-related vid I watched, it was discussed how funny and affable mafia dons and cappos needed to be to command people, they were beloved. Otto seems like an ass.

I'm slightly disappointed they didn't follow the book more.

In the books, Helaena had 3 kids. 1 set of twins - boy and girl - and 1 younger son, Maelor. Helaena is given the choice between the two sons, Maelor or Jaehaerys.

She first offers her own life instead, not some stupid necklace. Then she very reluctantly chooses the youngest son because he won't remember, but they slew the oldest son and heir, Jaehaerys.

Alicent Hightower is also in the room, bound and gagged, rather than off banging Cristin Cole.

After Jaehaerys's death, Queen Helaena became deeply depressed and slowly sank into madness, and refused to eat, bathe, or leave her chambers. She couldn't stand to be in the presence of Maelor, having named him to die. Ultimately leading to Helaena's suicide.

Why did they completely take all of that out? Too gruesome for TV?

Last edited:
The only entertaininment I get out of this show is the way the reactions to it shine a light on how stupid and sick our society is.

You've got people picking 'sides' of fictional factions that have in no uncertain terms been portrayed as horrendous people. 'Team Black' or 'Team Green' - the only team you're on is Team Mong.

I was even reading literal complaints that the depiction of child murder wasn't graphic enough; that the show went 'soft'. Think about that - you've got so many people who are so fucked in the head that they will literally complain about child murder (complete with sickening audio) not being graphic enough for them and also feel completely comfortable voicing that opinion publicly.

Good episode. I just like the overall look and visuals. It's on point in my opinion. The blood and cheese scene could've been closer to the book. The dialogue in Fire and Blood would've made a bigger impact in my opinion. Not sure why they changed it.

The only entertaininment I get out of this show is the way the reactions to it shine a light on how stupid and sick our society is.

You've got people picking 'sides' of fictional factions that have in no uncertain terms been portrayed as horrendous people. 'Team Black' or 'Team Green' - the only team you're on is Team Mong.

I was even reading literal complaints that the depiction of child murder wasn't graphic enough; that the show went 'soft'. Think about that - you've got so many people who are so fucked in the head that they will literally complain about child murder (complete with sickening audio) not being graphic enough for them and also feel completely comfortable voicing that opinion publicly.

Change your tampon, dude.

I dont mind the adult Rhaenyra actress but the younger one def stood out more. She is missed.
She's not bad, she's just miscast. She shares little traits(physical and otherwise) with the younger character, which makes the time jump seem a bit unnatural. She looks like she's 40, and her uncle that was half seducing her didn't age a day. You get used to her, but it was pretty jarring at first.

Anyways, I'll probably save a few episodes of the second season up before diving in.

She's not bad, she's just miscast. She shares little traits(physical and otherwise) with the younger character, which makes the time jump seem a bit unnatural. She looks like she's 40, and her uncle that was half seducing her didn't age a day. You get used to her, but it was pretty jarring at first.

Anyways, I'll probably save a few episodes of the second season up before diving in.
She's supposed to be mid 30s so not that far off. Plus 6 kids later.

I think it just looks weird because they chose a young looking actress to play older Alicent and then didn't age any of the other characters up. Whereas Rhaenyra is the only one who is obviously washed.

It's interesting how you took enough personal offence to my post to deliver such an infantile response. It's almost as if you self-identify as one of the mongs in question. Admirable self-awareness.

Says the guy crying because the 18+ show is too grown up for him.

It's interesting how you took enough personal offence to my post to deliver such an infantile response. It's almost as if you self-identify as one of the mongs in question. Admirable self-awareness.

maxresdefault.jpg

Says the guy crying because the 18+ show is too grown up for him.

I wasn't crying that the show is too grown up at all, I was mocking mong and weirdo reactions to it. Reading comprehension is important.

Anyway, I apologize for distracting you from discussing your dragon show. Carry on.

The picking sides thing is weird, given how both sides are shitty. But people like to feel apart of something and have somebody to cheer for. Being more invested in something makes it feel more worthwhile.

Also for graphic baby murder, I can do without. Although I’ve not seen anybody ask to see the beheading, but rather that they not have changed the dialogue as that was what was most impactful.

I can kinda get onboard with your criticism here to a certain extent. I feel like too many shows are gratuitously violent for the sake of it, to the point that it takes away from the experience. It's like there's no limit to how vile they make things to 'shock' the audience and as much as I like the original GOT (season 1-4 is arguably GOAT material), it was one of the shows that started that trend. It's excessive and predictable.

I can kinda get onboard with your criticism here to a certain extent. I feel like too many shows are gratuitously violent for the sake of it, to the point that it takes away from the experience. It's like there's no limit to how vile they make things to 'shock' the audience and as much as I like the original GOT (season 1-4 is arguably GOAT material), it was one of the shows that started that trend. It's excessive and predictable.
The books are violent though.

The picking sides thing is weird, given how both sides are shitty. But people like to feel apart of something and have somebody to cheer for. Being more invested in something makes it feel more worthwhile.

Also for graphic baby murder, I can do without. Although I’ve not seen anybody ask to see the beheading, but rather that they not have changed the dialogue as that was what was most impactful.

I haven't read it, so maybe it is established somewhat logically, but the book murder scenario sounds cartoonish and unrealistic given the situation a couple of amateur murderers searching for a payday found themselves in.

Casually engaging in random moustache-twirling psychological torture of a woman they were not there to kill, knowing they could be swarmed and killed themselves at any moment, sounds pretty ridiculous.

The scene as portrayed was pretty dumb. Not sure the alternative would have been less dumb.

The books are violent though.
Sure they are, but it's a another medium. Reading about something and then watching it is different. That aside, I'm more commenting on the overall fascination in pop culture with hyper-violent and graphic shows. I don't mind violence in my TV when it serves the plot or is important to the story, but the revelling in gratuitous gore and misery of so many shows nowadays is simply not for me. Big difference between shows like The Sopranos or Breaking Bad, which are both violent in their own right, and then something like The Boys, Gen V, HOTD, TLoU, Fallout, Walking Dead and so on.

Last edited:
Back