Movies ROAD HOUSE Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (Official Trailer)

gonna go out on a limb here and suggest Terry Funks acting will hold up better now after seeing Conor Mcgregor try to act in a film

What was the name of your 1st banned account?

q8tp5.jpg

I just don't understand why studios insist on naming new movies the same as old movies even though they have very little to do with them. All it does is create baggage for the new movie and gives it reboot stigma.

This movie could have been called something like "The Bouncer" and simply been inspired by Roadhouse. Take risks and create new IPs...

I just don't understand why studios insist on naming new movies the same as old movies even though they have very little to do with them. All it does is create baggage for the new movie and gives it reboot stigma.

This movie could have been called something like "The Bouncer" and simply been inspired by Roadhouse. Take risks and create new IPs...

People only complain about remakes they don't like.

Dawn Of The Dead and Scarface turned out better than the originals.

Sometimes an idea is good, but would be interesting re-imagined in a more modern setting.

The only thing I had a problem with is Dalton giving the kid advice on how to deal with a knife attack,

"Just take a big step back and pop him in the face"

And the kid pulls it off flawlessly. In reality, even highly-trained martial artists who have spent years practicing knife defence can get fucked up if they have to do it for real.

It's an action movie, son.

You start applying 'what would work in real life' and you're disqualifying damn near the entire genre.

the originals ending fight scene has aged 𝓫𝓪𝓭𝓵𝔂...

People only complain about remakes they don't like.

Dawn Of The Dead and Scarface turned out better than the originals.

Sometimes an idea is good, but would be interesting re-imagined in a more modern setting.
Highly disagree on Dawn of the Dead. Scarface was a relatively unknown movie from 1932.

Roadhouse, while not a masterpiece or anything is a well known and liked movie. There's no reason to use its name. I think the same could be said about the Dawn of the Dead remake it. It could have been another "of the Dead" movie that just had similarities to another. This is a hill I will die on. Make new IPs.

Look at the Robocop remake. A lot of people think it's actually not a bad movie but calling it Robocop just gave it all of this baggage and made it a failure before it even had a chance. We already have Robocop and people love it. If it would have been another movie about a cop that gets turned into a robot, that's perfectly fine. Star Wars is Seven Samurai, Flash Gordon and other movies thrown into one. There is nothing wrong with being inspired by other movies and making something similar. The problem is when you use the same name on previously popular movies.

Stop rebooting and start being inspired-by.

Terminator was a B movie?
It could be classified as one. The only thing that sets it apart from the rest, is how it was handled. In lesser hands with the same budget, it would be total B-movie schlock. Cameron just happened to be way more talented than most who would've taken it on. He could turn chicken shit into chicken salad. He actually learned and grew at the school of Roger Corman., as opposed to just being happy to be there.

"The Terminator" did with a $6 million dollar budget, what other schlocky pieces of shit failed to do with $10 million.

This is going to be the next Great American and Irish film. I smell multiple Oscars and box office records in the offing. It was smart of them to make Conor the leading man and hero.

The original features an educated, zen martial artist, who prefers calm deescalation.
The remake features an arrogant, smirky dick, who likes to taunt his opponents and throw the first punch.

Yeah, that's totally the same movie.

What a pile of shit.

Different Times

Different Society

Different Fanbase / Clientel

Things have changed since the 80s (unfortunately)

Twist: Conor is actually a nice guy irl but has just been method acting to get ready for this role for the past 15 years.

Twist: Conor is actually the Hero/Good Guy in this Movie, and Jakes Dalton is the Evil Villain!

Highly disagree on Dawn of the Dead. Scarface was a relatively unknown movie from 1932.

Roadhouse, while not a masterpiece or anything is a well known and liked movie. There's no reason to use its name. I think the same could be said about the Dawn of the Dead remake it. It could have been another "of the Dead" movie that just had similarities to another. This is a hill I will die on. Make new IPs.

Look at the Robocop remake. A lot of people think it's actually not a bad movie but calling it Robocop just gave it all of this baggage and made it a failure before it even had a chance. We already have Robocop and people love it. If it would have been another movie about a cop that gets turned into a robot, that's perfectly fine. Star Wars is Seven Samurai, Flash Gordon and other movies thrown into one. There is nothing wrong with being inspired by other movies and making something similar. The problem is when you use the same name on previously popular movies.

Stop rebooting and start being inspired-by.

So you're conceding that the Scarface remake was better than the original, good.

The original Dawn Of The Dead was set in a shopping plaza. But there is a world of consumer culture difference between 1978 and 2004, there is enough there to come up with some interesting ideas for the time. Even if you didn't like it that much, it wasn't 'pointless'.

The Robocop Remake was a pretty bad movie, in the sense that it was offensively boring. If a technically competent film can't hold attention into the second act then it ain't good.

It's funny you mentioned Seven Samurai because it was remade into Magnificent Seven. Another international example is internal affairs being remade into the departed.

All these are actual remakes (as said by the directors) but you're saying it's okay because they didn't use the same name?

Terminator was a B movie?

Almost. The budget was $6M and Cameron was filming some of it guerilla style without permits. He just knew how to make $6M look like $60M. Did the same magic with Aliens, making it look five to ten times as expensive as it was.

This is going to be the next Great American and Irish film. I smell multiple Oscars and box office records in the offing. It was smart of them to make Conor the leading man and hero.

Calling it now: Conor does a Heel - Face Turn at the end of the movie and helps Jake defeat the Big Bad. ;)

Back