Movies ROAD HOUSE Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (Official Trailer)

Jake's scenes look entertaining.

Conor's scenes look like they let Conor snort a few lines and told him to be himself. Looks like shit but I'll watch to see Conor's character get shot in the face or whatever.

Its amazon thats why its streaming. The director is mad cause he wanted it to be shown in theaters.
I know, I was just being silly. Straight to streaming isn't really much of a knock at this point anyway since a lot of films at least technically go that route.

I know it's down to the script, but when I first saw that I thought, "How the fuck does an experienced fighter not see that coming?"

Anyone who's worked the doors knows that one of the cardinal rules is never to let a potential attacker get too close.
My biker of a father teached me this before starting high-school...
"If someone get in your face,
Headbutt first"

I know it's down to the script, but when I first saw that I thought, "How the fuck does an experienced fighter not see that coming?"

Anyone who's worked the doors knows that one of the cardinal rules is never to let a potential attacker get too close.

Nobody ever wins a fight.

<seedat>

Terminator was a sci-fi masterpiece on a modest-ish budget.

Bloodsport was a silly fucking movie but was a major feature at the time.

Neither of these are B movies

@PG29 red0 Jr is just attaching movie words to movies he likes.

This is subjective, but this what some people would say about terminator:

The Terminator, originally released in 1984, remains a genre classic for precisely this reason: a low-budget film that combines elements of sci-fi and slasher horror, it is, in essence, a pure b-movie – the kind of fodder that draws crowds and then vanishes from memory a few weeks later. Yet writer-director James Cameron made the film with such precision and care that, despite the odd rough edge here and there, it remains thrilling over 30 years later.

In regards to Bloodsport, it had a 2 million dollar budget when most Hollywood 'A' films of the time had 15-50 million dollar budgets.

This is subjective, but this what some people would say about terminator:

The Terminator, originally released in 1984, remains a genre classic for precisely this reason: a low-budget film that combines elements of sci-fi and slasher horror, it is, in essence, a pure b-movie – the kind of fodder that draws crowds and then vanishes from memory a few weeks later. Yet writer-director James Cameron made the film with such precision and care that, despite the odd rough edge here and there, it remains thrilling over 30 years later.

In regards to Bloodsport, it had a 2 million dollar budget when most Hollywood 'A' films of the time had 15-50 million dollar budgets.
There needs to be more clarification around what a B movie is.

Some people seem to just be conflating it with 'low budget' Aliens had a relatively modest budget for the time, but in no world is that a B movie.

There needs to be more clarification around what a B movie is.

Some people seem to just be conflating it with 'low budget' Aliens had a relatively modest budget for the time, but in no world is that a B movie.

I probably am being a bit liberal with the B movie moniker, but the way I see it:

James Cameron was coming off of a Piranha II, which was a super low budget we can hopefully agree was a B film.

The rights were sold for $1, Orion agreed to distribute it but did not want to financially back the film.

The lead (Arnold) was delayed filming the film for 9 months because he was filming an 'A' film at the time.

The stop motion, and limping terminator at the end of the film looked good for the budget but was 'B' movie IMO.

I probably am being a bit liberal with the B movie moniker, but the way I see it:

James Cameron was coming off of a Piranha II, which was a super low budget we can hopefully agree was a B film.

The rights were sold for $1, Orion agreed to distribute it but did not want to financially back the film.

The lead (Arnold) was delayed filming the film for 9 months because he was filming an 'A' film at the time.

The stop motion, and limping terminator at the end of the film looked good for the budget but was 'B' movie IMO.

Piranha II wasn't even a B movie... the original Terminator was a "B" movie... just a damn good one.

Honestly it looks like a fun movie. Should of gone with GSP over Conor as Conor just gonna be to over top

Daniela Melchior is so fucking hot. The only reason I'll watch this movie honestly.

I can't see Jake G as a tough guy and Connors character looks annoying AF...

....who's playing Sam Elliot's character?

I’ll definitely watch but I have to agree with the director that straight to streaming takes lots of steam away from the movies release.

Back