Holy Fudge Ellenberger v. Hendricks UFC 158 (merged threads)

I still don't believe Diaz is getting this titleshot. I understand there have been less than desirable #1 contenders over the years, but most of the time there were extraordinary circumstances. But, there is a legit #1 contender that is completely healthy who will be fighting on the SAME card. This is an absolute joke.

Despite their power, I think this goes to decision. When Hendricks fights wrestleboxers it goes the distance more often than not. I think there will be more grappling than extended striking exchanges except late in the fight when one of them is down on the cards.

Could go either way.

This isn't the "what does hendricks gain?" sport. Sometimes people get fights where they have a lot more to lose than win, it happens all the time.

It gives the other person a chance to redeem themselves, in this case ellenberger.

great fight.

exactly

I don't understand the matchup, but can't wait for the fight! Let's go Johny! I think he can win this one for sure.

Great matchup ill take Hendricks by TKO props to him for not waiting on the sidelines

I called it. They're gonna make this card all Welterweights!!

Thiago Alves vs. Mike Pierce
Josh Koscheck vs. Jake Shields.
Dan Hardy vs. Matt Brown!
Martin Kampmann vs. Erick Silva!!

Any of those two, make it happen Dana!!

Let's go Ellenberger! I hope Jake KO's Hendricks so he can stop bitching about the title shot!

The cards are really starting to get stacked. Lets just pray 2013 is the year without many injuries.

What else does Hendricks have to do? He has beaten Fitch, kos, and kampmann. The UFC is gonna tell him too bad no title shot but u can fight a very dangerous jake ellenberger who is coming off a win against Jay Hieron and getting knocked out by kampmann who Hendricks just floored. Makes no sense

This will be a great fight. I can't wait for it personally! Johny's really got to earn that shot!

who was he suposed to figth then...? the remaining big names are all tied up,

On paper this is a fantastic card. I hope all fighters are injury free so this card can come to fruition.

Anyone think Diaz messes up in Hendricks gets the shot? Big Diaz fan but I'm glad Hendricks will be on stand by and trained

I hate that people keep saying this. Something happens ONCE and people expect it to happen again and again.

Nick Diaz has screwed up ONE fight, ONE. Since then he had no problem against Penn or Condit. Those fights went off without a hitch.

Lighting doesn't strike the same place twice. People need to stop with this "i bet diaz will screw it up" bullshit. It won't happen again. I'd bet my life on it.

Injuries are way more likely.

Back