Holy Fudge Ellenberger v. Hendricks UFC 158 (merged threads)

Hard fight to call.

Ellenberger TKO's Hendrick R2.

Who is the next title contender if Hendricks loses?

Ellenberger? He's only lost one fight recently, before that he was on an amazing winning streak.

Otherwise, I'm really just hoping Anderson is next for GSP after Diaz

Ariel Helwani‏@arielhelwani

UFC officially announces GSP-Diaz, MacDonald-Condit, Hendricks-Ellenberger and Cote-Sakara 2 on 3/16 at Bell Centre in Montreal.

Jordan Breen‏@jordanbreen

Johny Hendricks, I know you just knocked Martin Kampmann silly, but how about instead of a title bout, you fight this guy Kampmann beat up?

Retweeted by Luke Thomas

Luke Thomas‏@SBNLukeThomas

UFC announces (?) Hendricks to face Ellenberger at UFC 158. Wow, talk about whoring that kid. That's a super tough fight. Jesus.

Basically how I feel. I want the GSP v Diaz fight but Hendricks is getting a raw deal.

He will lose this.

Just for shits and giggles, fate is gonna make him lose.

I just heard this news too!! LETS GO BIG RIG!!!!!!!!

the two hardest punchers in the WW division, someone is going to be KTFO

Hard to say really, Rory Mac probably won't fight GSP. Maybe a Fitch rematch if he dominates Maia? Condit rematch with impressive performance? Maybe even Ellenberger himself.

That's what makes this so retarded, why risk losing a clear #1 contender when you could always use Hendricks now, and then have the less than deserving people out there aka Diaz get the shot because there is no clear #1 and they could use that excuse.

But then again, if Hendricks loses why shouldn't he still get a titleshot? Amiright?

Absolutely, but I like seeing him do it all the same. Also keep in mind they may just want them all scheduled together in case of injuries. To be sure everyone is in shape. It's a ways off. What are the chances the card stays like that?

This is a great fight, I'm a fan of these guys but even more of Johnny. Huge props to him for having to balls to fight and put his shot at risk.

If he wins, he just beat Koscheck, Fitch, Kampmann and Ellenberger. Those are the best wins any fighter in the WW division has aside from GSP. That's an INSANELY good record, it really is!!!

If he loses, then he goes back to the drawing board with the respect of all the board from manning up, taking a fight instead of wait AND doing it while fighting one of the most dangerous (if not the most) guy in the division. Huge props.

And my prediction, same as we saw with Hendricks/Pierce and Hendricks/Koscheck, what usually happens when two good wrestlers with heavy power fight, a close decision full of clinching, nod to Hendricks and setting up a big GSP fight.

dang hendricks got the short end of the stick

dana mustve sweetened the deal

They are making Johny clean the division BEFORE getting the title.

I hate that people keep saying this. Something happens ONCE and people expect it to happen again and again.

Nick Diaz has screwed up ONE fight, ONE. Since then he had no problem against Penn or Condit. Those fights went off without a hitch.

Lighting doesn't strike the same place twice. People need to stop with this "i bet diaz will screw it up" bullshit. It won't happen again. I'd bet my life on it.

Injuries are way more likely.

Uh, you're forgetting that he got suspended after UFC 147. If he had gotten the nod against Condit then that would have been two messed up title fights with Georges and a title win invalidated.

He screwed up twice in less than half a year.

hendricks fights ellenberger who lost to Kampmann, who hendricks just beat like 2 weeks ago

makes sense

That card is complete BS. Diaz should be fighting someone along the lines of Ellenberger, not GSP, and Hendricks has earned the shot. Garbage matchmaking. Disgraceful. I realize GSP asked for the Diaz fight, but I can't help but think Hendricks is getting screwed.

agreed. Letting GSP pick his contenders like that is insulting and despicable. I just lost so much respect for the UFC, Joe Silva, Georges St. Pierre, and the MMA world.

Hendricks and Ellenberger should fight each other several years in the future. For the welterweight championship.

Diaz should stay retired because he's a joke. Giving him this fight is an embarrassment. He's going to get annihilated by St. Pierre and he should be ashamed of himself for it. St. Pierre knows that he's ducking Hendricks and should be ashamed of himself as well.

I'm very upset with this course of action.

Back