Holy Fudge Ellenberger v. Hendricks UFC 158 (merged threads)

Ellenberger was winning against Kampmann so I like that they're putting him right back in the mix.

Fuck that if Diaz, Edgar, and Sonnen can get a title shot if they lose then win or lose Hendricks gets the next shot.

Uh, you're forgetting that he got suspended after UFC 147. If he had gotten the nod against Condit then that would have been two messed up title fights with Georges and a title win invalidated.

He screwed up twice in less than half a year in 2011.

Not to mention when Nick missed the fight with Jay Hieron.
But don't let facts fuck up Nat's view on the world

What happens when Rory destroys Condit again? You're going to give a title shot to a fighter on the same card, at a lower status on the card? If Johnny wins and Rory, it'll be interesting knowing Rory will not fight GSP. No way Nick gets the win.

What if he loses a controversial decision to Ellenberger? That'd be Epic Lulz.

Ellenberger is more well rounded. He's going to win via TKO.

Big mistake by Johnny.

this fight is just so if Nick Diaz missed the presser again, they can swap Hendricks for Diaz, lol

Basically how I feel. I want the GSP v Diaz fight but Hendricks is getting a raw deal.
deal with it :cool:

this is actually a much more interesting match stylistiaclly than gsp/hendricks

Think about it: GSP is a way more technical striker, with better takedowns, better cardio, better... everything but power.

But Hendricks and Ellenberger are pretty much mirrors of each other: They are both guys with "meh" striking but AMAZING power (like WW shane carwins) and decent wrestling but they rarely use it for takedowns.

This is an even and great match up, deserved or not

I like how they are stacking Welterweights in the same card. Should make a full main card of WWs ! Makes it sooo much easier to re-shuffle in case of injuries.

Hendricks is cleaning out the division before getting the shot. Its what we call the JDS method.

What happens when Rory destroys Condit again? You're going to give a title shot to a fighter on the same card, at a lower status on the card? If Johnny wins and Rory, it'll be interesting knowing Rory will not fight GSP. No way Nick gets the win.

It's such a shame that they won't fight each other. I think that's easily the best match at 170.

I would LOVE to see St.Pierre vs Rory Mcdonald

If you want to be the best and fight for a championship, you fight all comers. Just my humble opinion

So then what happens if he becomes champion and has already beaten everyone before he got the title? Just do nothing but rematches? He's already dangerously close to beating everyone BEFORE getting a shot at the title. Ridiculous.

seems a bit below hendricks at this point but I love the attitude, Keep smashing top 10 guys and the title shot will come.

So what? The way some of you are talking, you would think they just announced Silva vs Jones. Solid matchup, but it's not some incredible bout.

You guys are hard up.

i think ellenberger will beat johny but this is gonna hard for me to watch they are my 2 fav WW's

This is on the card in case Diaz flakes out again. Hendricks will get the shot.

Back