Holly Holm Asked The UFC For Cyborg @ Catchweight

Holly truly has the heart of a champion.

Carries herself with dignity, class, and treats others with respect.

Unlike Rounder Lousey.

Rousey is a joke.

Don't ever see it happening. The only way Cyborg competes in the UFC, is if they bring in the 145 division I think.

Looking passed Tate?

I was thinking this too. It's not like Misha is a pushover. Even though she isn't as talented as Ronda, she would more than likely come in with a better gameplan. Shooting for a double leg for example.

And if she DOES get it to the ground, Holly could be in trouble.

Ahh .. not necessarily (as far it NOT making sense to revise the contract stipulations). Every situation has to be looked at individually, and it actually does make sense from a marketing perspective, and here is why ..

Ronda did not need the Cyborg fight, because there was nothing that fighting Cyborg would do to elevate Ronda's mainstream status, which was already exceptionally high especially compared to Cyborg. Ronda fighting Cyborg would have been about bragging rights, not increasing her mainstream exposure. Holly is a completely different case though .. Holly needs the push, and the UFC needs to do everything they can to propel her mainstream status if she is ever to become even half the draw that Ronda was/is.

While Cyborg is not a mainstream name, a superfight marketed off their individual credentials/titles, in addition to the selling point of Cyborg being the " fight that Ronda Rousey ducked ", would go a long way towards elevating Holly Holm's name on a mainstream level.

The mere mention of Cyborg being the fight that Ronda ducked, will sell this match up. Ronda's fanbase will want to tune in to see if Holly can beat the girl they've been told their hero refused to fight. The UFC does not need to have a 145 division .. and if Holly loses, well she lost a catch weight super fight, but she still retains her BW title and Cyborg continues on in Invicta as FW champ.

Everything is subject to manipulation and change depending on one's goal and agenda. ;) Holly has way more to gain from this fight than Ronda did, that is why it makes more sense for the UFC to make it.
Not at all. It makes no sense to have the chance for their champ to lose to a fighter who won't be defending that title or any title in the organization.

To argue otherwise is just stupid.

i always wished ufc would just make 145 woman's division instead of lighter weights for cyborg to be a star too.they were protection honda housey now shes gone bra.

First off, cyborg is not a draw, If the is not doing anything special for anyone's wallet. Plus If Cyborg wins, the fight, their champ looks like crap, and they can't have a follow up because cyborg has no division. The UFC would be going out of their way for very little payoff
For some reason, no one is getting this.

Last edited:
i always wished ufc would just make 145 woman's division instead of lighter weights for cyborg to be a star too.they were protection honda housey now shes gone bra.
Because there aren't enough fighters in that division to build one. That's why.

This still makes no sense to me. I'm not saying it is inevitable, but there's a good chance Cyborg beats Holly and then what? She goes back to can crushing at 145 and the 135 division is labeled as a joke with a paper champ. Until the UFC has 145 (if it ever does) Cyborg should have to fight at 135.

Yes it is worse now. Last year alone, how many fighters fought for titles that didn't deserve it? Mcgregor, Rousey, Velasquez, Condit, Holm, Gustaffson. While more deserving fighters like Edgar, Bader, Woodley, Tate, ect got the shaft. You can't tell me they're not investing more in hype and popularity now then they were before. When was the last time they signed someone with zero experience or background like CM Punk? Not to mention Northcutt and Paige. When was the last time they let a fighter go for two or three belts like they're letting Conor? It's a lot worse now.

Deserving a title fight is subjective and has always revolved around who was the big money fight at the time. That's nothing new. Ken Shamrock came to the UFC off a loss and got a title shot ahead of liddell. Couture got title shots off of losses. They even snuck Kimbo in for a couple fights. Let's not forget Gracie vs Hughes. Combat sports chases the dollar

Again, pride had pro wrestlers come in all the time and nobody batted an eye, and PVZ and Northcutt are good prospects, nothing wrong with them being in the UFC.

Dana has never been against champions fighting for belts in other weight classes. Nothing has changed

Even if true, it's most likely not going to happen since Cybro's contract with the UFC stipulates she HAS to make 135 lbs if she wants to fight in the UFC.

UFC can waive that at its own discretion, I am sure.

Cyborg is never going to be a star, that's a pipe dream. She had the golden opportunity but refused to make weight

And they have no reason to change their stance. Cyborg is worthless to them outside of 135

If they're pretty sure Cyborg will lose, a one-time big money fight that discredits Cyborg and reaffirms their champ as completely undisputed would be smart.

If they're pretty sure Cyborg will lose, a one-time big money fight that discredits Cyborg and reaffirms their champ as completely undisputed would be smart.

They're not sure of anything when it comes to fights. The UFC is not going to put themselves in a position where they're not able to capitalize off any outcome. Plus as I said before, cyborg is not big money, never was.

If the ronda rematch prevents this happening I will shoot dana with a crossbow

Back