Holly Holm Asked The UFC For Cyborg @ Catchweight

Holly the female goat
you morons don't deserve her dammit!

I would liken this match-up to the Shogun vs Machida fights. If Holly can stay on the outside (and she definitely can) she can outpoint Cyborg, but if Cyborg can connect cleanly with one good shot she will probably finish the fight.

But I lean towards Cyborg because she's just never been stopped on the feet before. Holly might be the one to do it, but that's a big maybe. And Holly has been KO'd before, albeit not in MMA.

In a close striking match, I have to favor the chin that has never been KO'd.
Regardless of who I think would win it's the best striker vs. striker matchup in WMMA and I really hope the UFC finds a way to make it happen now that they have a champion willing to meet Cyborg half way.

Everybody loves Holly. What a woman! The real stunning ans brave, she should've won women of the year

Dana would be probably reluctant about all this cuz he's still dreaming about Ronda coming back, regaining the belt from Holly and then beating starved out Cyborg at 135.

So many of you don't understand why this is different.

1. Holm is not a draw on her own (at least as far as we know, maybe that has changed since beating Rousey). She's more desperate for fights like the Cyborg fight. Rousey fights anyone and draws big numbers, so she doesn't have to make as many concessions. Floyd also was called out for "ducking" Manny for years, but it was because money was a sticking point, and there was no reason for him to make concessions to a guy that wasn't the primary draw in the fight.

2. This fight, if it ever happened, couldn't be for the belt. A catchweight title fight makes zero sense and isn't fair to the rest of the women in the division. It'd be a one-off fight that does nothing but risks the UFC's title holder's prestige. It makes no sense.

3. Rousey already signed to fight Cyborg at UFC 157. Cyborg pulled out. Rousey doesn't like that Cyborg is a cheat and doesn't like the idea of meeting weight on her terms because of it. Holm has a different set of ethics, apparently, that doesn't mind making concessions for people like Cyborg. Neither is necessarily wrong.

4. Rousey fought women bigger than her on her entire Olympic Judo run. She didn't cut weight like everyone else did and instead chose to fight bigger girls. Let's get real here, Rousey isn't afraid of fighting someone bigger than her. That's not the reason she refused to let Cyborg play the catchweight game.

how funny it would be if tate knocks her out cold or puts her to sleep with a submission

Tate could do the same to Cyborg (probably not knock her out cold, but I mean beat her).

This is all true,but Dana is petty and in love with Ronda. Ronda would look terrible simply by Holly being tough enough to ask for this fight, never mind if Cyborg starched the woman who toyed with 'the greatest athlete in human history'.

I doubt they'll do it,but they def should.
Holm is not a ease match for Cyborg though,they are almost the same size and Holm fluidity would give Cris A LOT of trouble standing up.
I give Holm all the praise in the world for just making this fight a possibility,but we now that DFW will NOT let that fight happen before RR get her rematch.

Why would they find away around a situation that already works for them? It makes no sense for the UFC to cater to cyborg
Why does it not if Holly wants the fight and is willing to make it a catch weight? It's more money in the UFC's pocket.

Holly is a fucking warrior. Too bad Cyborg won't make weight lol.

Why does it not if Holly wants the fight and is willing to make it a catch weight? It's more money in the UFC's pocket.

First off, cyborg is not a draw, If the is not doing anything special for anyone's wallet. Plus If Cyborg wins, the fight, their champ looks like crap, and they can't have a follow up because cyborg has no division. The UFC would be going out of their way for very little payoff

First off, cyborg is not a draw, If the is not doing anything special for anyone's wallet. Plus If Cyborg wins, the fight, their champ looks like crap, and they can't have a follow up because cyborg has no division. The UFC would be going out of their way for very little payoff

True but it's sad how the UFC is about popularity and numbers now instead of the best fighting the best.

True but it's sad how the UFC is about popularity and numbers now instead of the best fighting the best.

Now? It was never not about numbers and popularity and that's not just the UFC, it's almost every promotion in combat sports

Now? It was never not about numbers and popularity and that's not just the UFC, it's almost every promotion in combat sports
It's a lot worse now. They are giving more and more big fights to people who have not earned it but are more "popular". If they ever want to be considered a legitimate sport, they need to change this approach. Until then, they are not much different than an "entertainment" sport like WWE.

It's a lot worse now. They are giving more and more big fights to people who have not earned it but are more "popular". If they ever want to be considered a legitimate sport, they need to change this approach. Until then, they are not much different than an "entertainment" sport like WWE.

No it's not worse, this is the same company that pushed liddell aside for tito and Ken at the same time pride was bringing in pro wrestlers to fight their champs. Nothing has changed, it's always been just as much a spectacle as it is a sport.

WWE is scripted, MMA is not, that's the difference

No it's not worse, this is the same company that pushed liddell aside for tito and Ken at the same time pride was bringing in pro wrestlers to fight their champs. Nothing has changed, it's always been just as much a spectacle as it is a sport.

WWE is scripted, MMA is not, that's the difference
Yes it is worse now. Last year alone, how many fighters fought for titles that didn't deserve it? Mcgregor, Rousey, Velasquez, Condit, Holm, Gustaffson. While more deserving fighters like Edgar, Bader, Woodley, Tate, ect got the shaft. You can't tell me they're not investing more in hype and popularity now then they were before. When was the last time they signed someone with zero experience or background like CM Punk? Not to mention Northcutt and Paige. When was the last time they let a fighter go for two or three belts like they're letting Conor? It's a lot worse now.

Back