Holly Holm Asked The UFC For Cyborg @ Catchweight

Goddamn, I love Holy, she's got more heart than Ronda, but I hate that match up. I got a feeling it would look like Wand vs Crocop 2. I don't want to see Cyborg take a beating in her UFC debut.

And this is why we love her. Holly is a competitor.

Would be an interesting fight, but it's hard to pick against someone who's had nothing but TKO victories for the last seven years.

Cyborg is just such a devastating striker and her chin is so good. Holly would clearly want to make it a striking match and I just don't see how she wins it on the feet.

For that reason, I don't think Zuffa lets it happen, especially when the UFC doesn't even have a division for Cyborg to fight in.

Goddamn, I love Holy, she's got more heart than Ronda, but I hate that match up. I got a feeling it would look like Wand vs Crocop 2. I don't want to see Cyborg take a beating in her UFC debut.
The styles are undoubtedly spot on, good call. Crocop was at least as strong as Wand, though. I see Cyborg bullying the clinch. Would make a great matchup. Id hate for either to lose, though.

There's absolutely nothing unlikable about this lady. A true champion. #HollyBless

Looking passed Tate?

Don't know why you would think so. I was just thinking about plans for the second week of July earlier today. Doesn't mean I was looking past March. I'm still well aware that it's coming.

This is all true,but Dana is petty and in love with Ronda. Ronda would look terrible simply by Holly being tough enough to ask for this fight, never mind if Cyborg starched the woman who toyed with 'the greatest athlete in human history'.

I doubt they'll do it,but they def should.
Yeah that is VERY true aswell, didn't think of it like that...
That's prob exactly how it'll be, Uncle Dana gonna get in the way of this one...

Hey look, the first true female superfight in the making.. I hope it happens.

The styles are undoubtedly spot on, good call. Crocop was at least as strong as Wand, though. I see Cyborg bullying the clinch. Would make a great matchup. Id hate for either to lose, though.
Holy's foot work and speed would make it hard for Cyborg to initiate any clinch fighting. If she could work her way inside without taking too much damage she has a shot.

Well I think that was a stipulation specifically in place for fighting Ronda since she was ducking her and said she'd only fight Cyborg if she made it down to 135 (Knowing damn well it's nearly impossible) I think the UFC should MAKE IT HAPPEN even at catchweight, just make it a non-title fight and let's see how it plays out!
I think it has more to do with if Cyborg wins at catchweight, they can't do anymore with her since there is no 145 lb weight class for her in the UFC. They want her to fight at 135 lbs, so that if she wins, she can continue to defend the 135 lb belt.

Having a catchweight fight with Cyborg really makes no business sense.

[
Would be an interesting fight, but it's hard to pick against someone who's had nothing but TKO victories for the last seven years.

Cyborg is just such a devastating striker and her chin is so good. Holly would clearly want to make it a striking match and I just don't see how she wins it on the feet.

For that reason, I don't think Zuffa lets it happen, especially when the UFC doesn't even have a division for Cyborg to fight in.

lol I don't see how Cyborg wins on the feet. But if Cyborg wants to take her down, for the first time Holm will not have the size/strength advantage that she has always relied on to shut down grapplers. I think she can easily get ground and pounded.

Ronda was so insecure constantly belittling cyborg, Conor showing the way to other champs that you can easily fight at higher weights.

Holly been working on her marketability and knows that she needs a monster heel.

tumblr_npylr9AUYk1r5a98co2_1280.jpg

Holly is awesome, Cyborg vs Holly nice fight :)

Bleacher report is not the most reliable source but what I see this as is a beautiful PR move by her manager. He puts light pressure on Ronda and makes his client look real good.

That guy is doing his job

She knows that Dana would never allow it. Actually, EVERYONE knows that Dana would never allow it.

Back