Holly Holm Asked The UFC For Cyborg @ Catchweight

That's fine, you don't have to. Don't act like you have some magical formula for comparing 2 different divisions and that it is not subjective and does not require critical thought. It does. When we have 2 people and we want to see who is better we have them fight. Divisions can't do that.

Notice only one of us told the other they can't have a subjective opinion.

You can HAVE any subjective opinion you want but if someone finds it ridiculous, they can also say so. You can also believe Dada5000 is better than Jones but if you express this opinion on Sherdog and can convince people you are serious...

Notice only one of us bashed a whole division to the point of saying not just that it is shallow, but SUCKS and has almost no talent.

Last edited:
False. Bigger women could be more used to using strength over technique, and smaller women can't use strength so focus on technique. This is a logical explanation that would account for the difference. Your need to create a scenario where only you can be right does not make your scenario right.

Yeah because 135 lb women can rely on strength over technique when training with mostly male training partners (due to the limited number of female ones) to the point where a division with less than half the talent pool has more 'talent' overall. Right lol.

You can HAVE any subjective opinion you want but if someone finds it ridiculous, they can also say so.

Notice only one of us bashed a whole division to the point of saying not just that is shallow, but SUCKS and has almost no talent.
You did not say that, you said it was factually wrong. 135 does suck, and has very little talent. It might not even have enough talent for the division to continue if they made a 125lb division. 135 has been the premiere division and still barely has enough talent to go on.

You did not say that, you said it was factually wrong. 135 does suck, and has very little talent. It might not even have enough talent for the division to continue if they made a 125lb division. 135 has been the premiere division and still barely has enough talent to go on.

Did you see my edit? It's as 'factually' wrong as Dada being better than Jones is. That's not provable either but is no doubt ridiculous enough to get you shitted on as hard as I am.

As to your second point, 105 doesn't even have enough talent for a division to even be started in the UFC. It also has less than half as many fighters as 135 worldwide.

Saying 135 has little talent and 105 doesn't is just unbelievable.

Did you see my edit? It's as 'factually' wrong as Dada being better than Jones is. That's not provable either but is no doubt ridiculous enough to get you shitted on as hard as I am.

As to your second point, 105 doesn't even have enough talent for a division to even be started in the UFC. It also has less than half as many fighters as 135 worldwide.

Saying 135 has little talent and 105 doesn't is just unbelievable.
Except you keep ignoring my posts. If 105 had the backing of the UFC and was the premiere division for years things would be different. Instead we have a top 105 girl in the UFC at 115. Right now 105 is in the same shape as 135 as far as depth of fighters, but it's potential has not been exploited, 135 has. And since they can't make 125, 105 is the logical option.

Except you keep ignoring my posts. If 105 had the backing of the UFC and was the premiere division for years things would be different. Instead we have a top 105 girl in the UFC at 115. Right now 105 is in the same shape as 135 as far as depth of fighters, but it's potential has not been exploited, 135 has. And since they can't make 125, 105 is the logical option.

I'm ignoring your posts because they seem to be based on incorrect information. 135 was deeper than 105 way before it was in the UFC, in fact it was added to Strikeforce because it was more viable back then than 115 and 105. 105 is not in the same shape as 135 in terms of depth when it has less than half as many fighters.

Even considering how it would pull from 135 and 115, 125 is still more logical to make than 105.

Ain't skeered. Nice, ain't it?

I'm ignoring your posts because they seem to be based on incorrect information. 135 was deeper than 105 way before it was in the UFC, in fact it was added to Strikeforce because it was more viable back then than 115 and 105. 105 is not in the same shape as 135 in terms of depth when it has less than half as many fighters.

Even considering how it would pull from 135 and 115, 125 is still more logical to make than 105.

Nah. It was added because Gina.

Besides, now is not then. The divisions are growing and filling out to their potential.

When I look at fighters that could potentially fight in a 105 division, and the amount of fighters that would move out of 135 if 125 opened up.... I think 105 would be at least as fun and competitive and popular as 135.

There isn't as much bias against small women vs. small men. It could be argued small women are actually more popular.

Nah. It was added because Gina.

Gina only fought at 145 in Strikeforce and was never expected to fight at 135 there. 135 was added instead of 115 or 105 because it was more viable.

105 could be 'fun and competitive' but it won't be as deep for a while if ever due to being farther from the 'center' of 125 (125 for women, 155 for men as we know). Also a lot of current 105ers are JMMA fighters who might be more reluctant to leave their current promotions, 145 which is constantly maligned would honestly be as viable or moreso than 105 given that they have a similar talent pool size to 105 and probably wouldn't leech as many fighters from 135 as 105 would from 115.

And yes, it can clearly be argued that smaller women are more popular.

Last edited:
As a side exhibition fight its great but its bearing on Cyborg as a WMMA fighter likely doesn't do much. Its a fun fight like Nate vs Connor but without any really big impact or future unless the UFC changes things around.

Could be Cyborg makes a killer showing and gets a Rousey-like push. Perhaps one of those new divisions Joe was talking about will open up. I've warmed a bit more to Cyborg over the years and somewhat enjoyed watching her in Invicta. Not calling myself a big fan but I would like to see a run in the big show. Question is how, who and what could the UFC set up?

Back