"Holloway was just a child when he fought -" meme can die

The fight where Conor was taking Holloway down? Yeah I saw it.

This would imply he took Holloway down several times when he only took him down in the third round.

But you clearly watched the fight.

Shhh.

So with your logic 16-0 Khabib coming into the UFC is greener than 7-1-2 Kamal because Kamal had more UFC fights. See how dumb your logic is? Or Israel who was undefeated and a champion outside of the UFC fighting Wilkinson who had UFC experience and you would think Israel is way greener? And kudos for ignoring the rest of my post where you were clearly wrong.
You are dodging my question.
Don't let your hatred of Conor cloud your thinking.

yet he did against Nate. Someone who does everything max does but better, along with having 8 inches more reach and 20 pounds on him.

Nate Diaz is nowhere near the fighter Max is, and this is not even an opinion, purely based on how they performed during their careers...

However, this discussuon is irrelevant, since Conor today is far from that hungry kid trying to prove something, hes now a rich cokehead trying to fight Mark Wahlberg for UFC shares... And im not even trying to judge him, i would probably do the same in his position...

Last edited:
You are dodging my question.
Don't let your hatred of Conor cloud your thinking.
Max had 5 and Conor had 1. And I already responded by saying how stupid that logic was. Again thanks for dodging everything else I said by focusing on your stupid logic. How am I hating when I'm presenting stats? All you've done is made up statements that were false. Don't let your love of Conor cloud your thinking.

Max had 5 and Conor had 1. And I already responded by saying how stupid that logic was. Again thanks for dodging everything else I said by focusing on your stupid logic. How am I hating when I'm presenting stats? All you've done is made up statements that were false. Don't let your love of Conor cloud your thinking.
Max had 5 fights and Conor 1 and Max was the green one?
Shirley you must realize how utterly absurd you sound.

Finally, look. Everyone improves, not just one person.

Hopefully we stop finally seeing this excuse. We know if Conor was in there and in shape he would piece him up, just like he would piece up Dustin.

Rematches should almost never favor the loser, unless it's a huge fluke.

Thanks. Done.

Regards,

UFCBlackbelt

Think Holloway would find a way to win the rematch and that at his age there should be a huge question mark around the first fight. But Max showed he has a hard time at 155 against guys who can hit. People are trying to make it as if Dustin's Khabib or something and Max just can't fight larger guys but Dustin is a former 145'er, a division Max can beat. Today is the first time I am willing to take the notion Conor would give Max trouble in a rematch seriously.

Max had 5 fights and Conor 1 and Max was the green one?
Shirley you must realize how utterly absurd you sound.
Did you just ignore all of my previous post saying why that's a dumb logic? You think they have no experience coming into the UFC?

Last edited:
Did you just ignore all of my previous post saying why that's a dumb logic? You think they have no experience coming into the UFC?
Pretty sure ufc experience is better than cage warriors experience.
Not that there is anything wrong with cage warriors.

Pretty sure ufc experience is better than cage warriors experience.
Not that there is anything wrong with cage warriors.
In some cases yes but not when you're a developing fighter like Max. That's why fighters don't make their pro debut in the UFC right away. It's like saying CM Punk is less greener than someone who has 5-10 fights outside of the UFC just because Punk has UFC fights. Conor arguably won against better competition in Cage Warriors than Max did in the UFC.

In some cases yes but not when you're a developing fighter like Max. That's why fighters don't make their pro debut in the UFC right away. It's like saying CM Punk is less greener than someone who has 5-10 fights outside of the UFC just because Punk has UFC fights. Conor arguably won against better competition in Cage Warriors than Max did in the UFC.
So you agree with me?
Prime Conor was always a beast even before he laid waist to the competition in the UFC.

So you agree with me?
Prime Conor was always a beast even before he laid waist to the competition in the UFC.
You're mistaken because you thought I was hating on Conor. This conversation was about Holloway and you saying Conor was way greener than Holloway just because Holloway had a few more UFC fights. How can you say that and still say Conor was always a beast even before he came into the UFC? You were blindly defending Conor by putting Holloway down for no reason.

Last edited:
dustin beats conor. guy is stronger now and more savvy. conor just a counter striker.

You're mistaken because you thought I was hating on Conor. This conversation was about Holloway and you saying Conor was way greener than Holloway just because Holloway had a few more UFC fights. How can you say that and still say Conor was always a beast even before he came into the UFC? You were blindly defending Conor by putting Holloway down for no reason.
I was just messing with you a little, don't take it to seriously.

Here are some facts:
Holloway is a great fighter.
He had more ufc experience than Conor.
They fought and Conor dominated him while injured.
Like it or not, those are the facts.

The next time Conor and Max fight is gonna be a five rounder, Conor doesn't have the heart or the stamina to survive that.
I dissagree. He went 5 with nate in the second fight. I think it would be a war but Conor will get the better of the exchanges.

nah beating 2012 or 2013 Max Holloway isnt impressive. He was 3-3 in that stretch for a reason and arguably lost to Leonard Garcia of all ppl as well. He was green, barely 20 and into his MMA. He wasnt even a top 30 FW. Its not an impressive win

Beating 2019 Holloway? Its one of the most impressive wins possible in the sport right now specially the fashion Dustin did it

I was just messing with you a little, don't take it to seriously.

Here are some facts:
Holloway is a great fighter.
He had more ufc experience than Conor.
They fought and Conor dominated him while injured.
Like it or not, those are the facts.
Holloway is a great fighter now but not when Conor beat him. The entire point was Holloway was very green when Conor beat him. You said Conor was way greener and then contradicted yourself by saying he was always a beast even before he cruised through the UFC. There's no point in continuing this when you can't own up to what you say like Holloway taking the fight on short notice and you said that he didn't. Like it or not you were wrong in a few things you said.

Finally, look. Everyone improves, not just one person.

Hopefully we stop finally seeing this excuse. We know if Conor was in there and in shape he would piece him up, just like he would piece up Dustin.

Rematches should almost never favor the loser, unless it's a huge fluke.

Thanks. Done.

Regards,

UFCBlackbelt

Twitter is the only place Conor has heart anymore. He’s not fighting because he doesn’t believe he can win anymore. Poirer virtually cleaned out the division, just as Max did to 145. Fighters fight, that’s what they do. Conor’s doing a lot, but he’s not fighting. Another loss and he’s done, and he knows it. He’s turned into everything he was against at the beginning of his career.

Holloway is a great fighter now but not when Conor beat him. The entire point was Holloway was very green when Conor beat him. You said Conor was way greener and then contradicted yourself by saying he was always a beast even before he cruised through the UFC. There's no point in continuing this when you can't own up to what you say like Holloway taking the fight on short notice and you said that he didn't. Like it or not you were wrong in a few things you said.
Your right.
Few things I say are wrong, so I am mostly right.
Holloway was always great, the last fight he lost before last night was to Conor.
So after Conor bested him he went on a 13 fight win streak.
That don't sound too green to me.

You do realize that Conor is only 2 or 3 years older than Max. And Max had plenty of time to get ready for Conor, its not like he gassed in the fight. He got dominated from beginning to end.
Not that if they fought today it would not be a great contest though.

Your right.
Few things I say are wrong, so I am mostly right.
Holloway was always great, the last fight he lost before last night was to Conor.
So after Conor bested him he went on a 13 fight win streak.
That don't sound too green to me.

You do realize that Conor is only 2 or 3 years older than Max. And Max had plenty of time to get ready for Conor, its not like he gassed in the fight. He got dominated from beginning to end.
Not that if they fought today it would not be a great contest though.
Really? You judge a fighter if they are green with their fights before the fight not what they do after. Holloway was always great? Go watch him struggle and win a controversial decision that he shouldn't have over Leonard Garcia. You really have no idea what you're talking about and you continue to talk.

Back