Fights to Make After UFC Fight Night: Dariush vs Tsarukyan

Great post @Siver! as usual.

Only part that I want to dispute is Figgy being a monster at BW.
I didn't see that exactly sir.

He looked good, but in no way did I see a monster in there tbh.

I came here to say this, not the dummy part but the coach part lol.

The thing is, if Dana blacklists Merab, Cejudo AND Figgy from title shots for refusing to fight friends and training partners, there won't be much of a list of guys for Sean to run through

It's worth noting when fighters are less likely to fight each other, but as with Merab-Sterling, Dana is going to do whatever it takes to circumvent this.

Then again, Cejudo probably won't get a title shot anyway...

The thing is, if Dana blacklists Merab, Cejudo AND Figgy from title shots for refusing to fight friends and training partners, there won't be much of a list of guys for Sean to run through

It's worth noting when fighters are less likely to fight each other, but as with Merab-Sterling, Dana is going to do whatever it takes to circumvent this.

Then again, Cejudo probably won't get a title shot anyway...

Cejudo is coaching Figgy though, so I don't see that one happening sir.
Merab may be blacklisted, but that has no weight on who Figgy fights next tbf.

Tsarukyan vs Gaethje at UFC 300 as Tsarukyan is ATT and trained with Poirier to simulate Khabib's style in 2019
Dariush has to stop for at least 6 months and then fight may be Chandler if he doesn't retire after McGregor
Jalin Turner vs Benoit Saint-Denis in a PPV, may be UFC 299
Bobby Green vs Jared Gordon 2
Figueiredo vs Petr Yan as a FN main event
Rob Font vs Johnatan Martinez, one needs to level up and the other to level down in terms of opponents
Sean Brady vs Ian Garry as he asked for and they are fighting at the same time and Garry didn't fight any wrestler so far
Gastelum vs Ponzinibbio to appease the JBG
Joaquim Silva vs Zellhuber or Orlobai, the TAM fighter from Asia that fought in 5 days notice at 170
Clay Guida vs Ferguson in a vet vs vet fight
Doufyus vs Brundage
Puna to cut or vs a DWCS MW
Tate vs Kianzad to see if Kianzad improved her grappling
Avila vs Ailin Perez
Zach Reese vs Cedric Dumas, to still test him as he was good in DWCS
Drakkar Klose vs Drew Dober, let them bang
Joe Solecki vs Diego Ferreira in a grappler vs grappler fight
Bellator vs Jimmy Crute
Poteria vs Omar Sy in the next European card
Gooden vs Gabriel Bonfim
Turman to be cut
Macedo vs Jojo Calderwood in the London card
The girl that fought Macedo vs Molly McCan in the London card

Tsarukyan vs Gaethje at UFC 300 as Tsarukyan is ATT and trained with Poirier to simulate Khabib's style in 2019
Dariush has to stop for at least 6 months and then fight may be Chandler if he doesn't retire after McGregor
Jalin Turner vs Benoit Saint-Denis in a PPV, may be UFC 299
Bobby Green vs Jared Gordon 2
Figueiredo vs Petr Yan as a FN main event
Rob Font vs Johnatan Martinez, one needs to level up and the other to level down in terms of opponents
Sean Brady vs Ian Garry as he asked for and they are fighting at the same time and Garry didn't fight any wrestler so far
Gastelum vs Ponzinibbio to appease the JBG
Joaquim Silva vs Zellhuber or Orlobai, the TAM fighter from Asia that fought in 5 days notice at 170
Clay Guida vs Ferguson in a vet vs vet fight
Doufyus vs Brundage
Puna to cut or vs a DWCS MW
Tate vs Kianzad to see if Kianzad improved her grappling
Avila vs Ailin Perez
Zach Reese vs Cedric Dumas, to still test him as he was good in DWCS
Drakkar Klose vs Drew Dober, let them bang
Joe Solecki vs Diego Ferreira in a grappler vs grappler fight
Bellator vs Jimmy Crute
Poteria vs Omar Sy in the next European card
Gooden vs Gabriel Bonfim
Turman to be cut
Macedo vs Jojo Calderwood in the London card
The girl that fought Macedo vs Molly McCan in the London card

Nice fights.

I think if they run Turner vs St Denis, I'd definitely like that to be on UFC 300.

There's a danger that if the UFC just goes for name value, the fights themselves might be a let down - which would colour everyone's opinion of such a monumental event.

They need to load that card with BANGERS so that people are talking about it for all the right reasons.

Yes Islam beat Taarukyan when Tsarukyan was 22 and making his UFC debut. He's a different level now.
Islam is also a different level now , during their fight ,Islam was not LW champ but now he is

Back