"Holloway was just a child when he fought -" meme can die

No chin Poirier just didn't get drowned.
Even when Poirier was tired he still kept his power. Against Gaethje he was slowing down considerably in the 3rd round before knocking him out in the 4th. Conor hasn't shown any threat when he is tired.

There's nothing that leads me to believe based on that fight that Dustin has better Cardio than Conor. Conor still had energy In the 4th after having the life sucked out of him and beaten by Khabib. Dustin didn't look like the same fighter after the 2nd. You could argue they're comparable actually, but I'd actually give the edge to Conor. Especially with far more championship experience under his belt and a match In high level boxing.
Conor still had energy but did he look like the same fighter after 2 rounds in both Nate fights and against Khabib? Why not give Dustin the same credit since he at least won the 5th round? And the difference is that at least Dustin can hurt people even when he is tired like he did against Max and Gaethje late in the fight. When has Conor posed any threat when he is tired?

Conor still had energy but did he look like the same fighter after 2 rounds in both Nate fights and against Khabib? Why not give Dustin the same credit since he at least won the 5th round? And the difference is that at least Dustin can hurt people even when he is tired like he did against Max and Gaethje late in the fight. When has Conor posed any threat when he is tired?
I thought Max won the 5th personally but I'd have to watch It again. Maybe It was close. Max was winning the round then Dustin just held onto him for a minute though Is what It seemed like. Anyways, from what I remember that 4th round was good for Conor. Seemed to get a 2nd wind / landed a lot of good shots. A lot of people don't understand one thing about that fight, Nate's the kind of fighter that you need to create distance from. He's great on the inside, at close range, up against the cage. Conor needed to constantly stay moving to keep the fight at range where he's the superior and more calculated fighter. Add In the size, height and length and It emphasizes that further. Anyone who's sparred with someone bigger knows that It will tire you out more. That said, I'm not saying It's not a glaring hole In Conor's game..just that basing his cardio being terrible exclusively on Nate is probably a bit short sighted based on what I've said here. It's not as bad as people make It out to be.

I thought Max won the 5th personally but I'd have to watch It again. Maybe It was close. Max was winning the round then Dustin just held onto him for a minute though Is what It seemed like. Anyways, from what I remember that 4th round was good for Conor. Seemed to get a 2nd wind / landed a lot of good shots. A lot of people don't understand one thing about that fight, Nate's the kind of fighter that you need to create distance from. He's great on the inside, at close range, up against the cage. He needed to constantly stay moving to keep the fight at range where he's the superior and more calculated fighter. Add In the size, height and length and It emphasizes that further. Anyone who spars with someone bigger knows that It will tire you out more. That said, I'm not saying It's not a glaring hole In Conor's game..just that basing his cardio being terrible exclusively on Nate is probably a bit short sighted based on what I've said here. It's not as bad as people make It out to be.
Maybe so but he's shown it too many times. It's just hard to ignore the fact that Conor completely dominated Nate in both fights for 1 and a half round before being overwhelmed immediately. When was the last time you saw a fighter completely dominating another fighter but then gets overwhelmed because of cardio? What saved Conor in the 2nd fight was his investment in the leg kicks.

Maybe so but he's shown it too many times. It's just hard to ignore the fact that Conor completely dominated Nate in both fights for 1 and a half round before being overwhelmed immediately. When was the last time you saw a fighter completely dominating another fighter but then gets overwhelmed because of cardio? What saved Conor in the 2nd fight was his investment in the leg kicks.
I think a big part of that too Isn't just cardio. The first fight In particular, he thought he could eat a bunch of food, go In there, blow all his energy and knock Nate out. Nate obviously being the Iron chinned zombie like Diaz brother he is, kept on coming. A lot of that Is really just energy management. Someone like Conor being as confident as he was that he could just go In there and knock anyone out. Nate was his first real lesson that It's not always possible and you also need championship level energy management. It was a similar issue with Floyd. He punched himself out early. He looked to be far more reserved In the Khabib fight and as a result he still had steam In the 3rd and 4th In spite of having the life squeezed out of him. Post Floyd I believe his cardio and awareness of how he needs to manage his energy throughout 5 has Improved. Need a bit more of a sample size but that seems like the current trajectory.

Lol Conor is a quitter, look at what Nate did to him with pressure and Max is even more ferocious in volume.

Lol, definitely. Sure, Max just survived 5 rounds against a far more accomplished LW with much more proven stopping power in that division who was able to stay in there after blowing a lot of energy chasing a first round finish and match Max's pace for the remainder of the fight but Conor would have easily done the same for sure, lol.

How anyone could watch that fight and come to the conclusion that Conor could beat either of this guys today is beyond me....
I'd actually take Nate over both of them pretty comfortably. I believe Nate at 70 was the tougher stylistic matchup for Conor than anything he'd face from either of these guys tonight. Though, that said..I think Max has shown better In the past. Seemed like an off night. He was sloppy, stiff, moved poorly and his defense seemed worse than usual. Credit to Dustin as well but I think Max is far better than that.

I think a big part of that too Isn't just cardio. The first fight In particular, he thought he could eat a bunch of food, go In there, blow all his energy and knock Nate out. Nate obviously being the Iron chinned zombie like Diaz brother he is, kept on coming. A lot of that Is really just energy management. Someone like Conor being as confident as he was that he could just go In there and knock anyone out. Nate was his first real lesson that It's not always possible and you also need championship level energy management. It was a similar issue with Floyd. He punched himself out early. He looked to be far more reserved In the Khabib fight and as a result he still had steam In the 3rd and 4th In spite of having the life squeezed out of him. Post Floyd I believe his cardio and awareness of how he needs to manage his energy throughout 5 has Improved. Need a bit more of a sample size but that seems like the current trajectory.
Come on, all he talked about after the first Nate fight was how he was inefficient with his energy. If he was going to learn it was then. In the second Nate fight he did manage his energy well by giving up his unnecessary flashy kicks but then he still slowed down considerably at the end of the 2nd. It's either he goes for the KO early and gasses out doing so or he reserves his energy and makes it to a decision with no threat of knocking out his opponent. And what makes Conor look more reserved in the Khabib fight? He had no choice because Khabib went for a takedown right away in the 1st and dominated him in the second. I wouldn't say that is him reserving energy.

I'd actually take Nate over both of them pretty comfortably. I believe Nate at 70 was the tougher stylistic matchup for Conor than anything he'd face from either of these guys tonight. Though, that said..I think Max has shown better In the past. Seemed like an off night. He was sloppy, stiff, moved poorly and his defense seemed worse than usual. Credit to Dustin as well but I think Max is far better than that.
Yeah you have to consider he got hurt very early in the fight though multiple times and probably never full recovered.

I would agree Nate would be a tough fight for Max and size would probably be the deciding factor but I'm not so sure about Dustin. His Boxing, Defence and cardio really impressed me tonight and he was also throwing some savage leg kicks, plus he can wrestle and looks huge now a days. Tough fight that I could definitely see Dustin winning.

But Nate isn't Conor so that's kind of irrelevant to my post.

The next time Conor and Max fight is gonna be a five rounder, Conor doesn't have the heart or the stamina to survive that.

Pure unadulterated bullshit.

Next time they fight Max won't be any braver or hit any harder and will still be eating counters left and right. And HARD ACCURATE counters, not Aldo and Ortega type mediocre punches.

"journeyman" jesus christ
He's technically 2-2 in the last 3 years finished in both loses and many people don't even think he beat Diaz the second fight. Diaz is a journeyman, Conor's lucky to have a win over him making him a journeyman at this point too. Just a well paid one.

Meh.

In a 5 rounder I say Conor has two rounds to get the finish because it's all Max from then on.

Also, it's just a fact that since Max fought Conor he has flourished into one of the best in the world today. That's not an excuse.

That's also a super basic analysis. It's completely dependent on the idea that Max can just sit relatively idly by and watch McGregor tire out.

Not happening. Conor controls the center...any striker is in trouble. Max absolutely he's in for a beating if he tries the shit he tried today. And like he tried in 2013.

Conor obviously has a glaring hole In his cardio and energy management as has been demonstrated through many fights. I tend to think Conor's cardio while being a hole is better than it gets credit for, based on the 2nd Nate fight and the Khabib matchup. Dustin also has demonstrated similar holes In his cardio. His fight tonight actually kind of reminded me of Conor's fights against Nate, how much energy he blew In those early shots. I'd say they're pretty comparable, honestly.
Stop micro/macro dosing Crazy drugs man.

Finally, look. Everyone improves, not just one person.

Hopefully we stop finally seeing this excuse. We know if Conor was in there and in shape he would piece him up, just like he would piece up Dustin.

Rematches should almost never favor the loser, unless it's a huge fluke.

Thanks. Done.

Regards,

UFCBlackbelt

cuck

Max was just a child lol. What was he, only 19 or 20 years old? It was only his fifth pro fight ever.

Dustin just has his number like I predicted, but at least Max wasn't getting submitted in the first round this time around either. He's definitely grown.

Back