Hendricks dodging tests makes the sport look bad

Well obvoisly GSP is riled up about it, and if that was Johny's plan it worked but made him look pretty damn bad while doing it. Interesting point of view though, but I cant say I agree with it.

Fair enough, sir. I could be wrong too, but who the hell knows :)

Funny?! I come from the North, bro, so the last thing I'm thinking about during our cold season is to be cute and funny online. You go enjoy your alleged trolls in the San Francisco sun.

Winter is coming

What a pathetic attempt by a GSP supporter to discredit what Johnny has done. Try to hide your trolling a little better next time. He is not dodging anything. He is following the same drug testing procedures he and every other UFC fighter has submitted to their entire careers.

Maybe it's just me, but Hendricks chickening out doesn't really reflect poorly on the UFC or the sport, it reflects poorly on Hendricks.

He came out of this debacle looking like a joke.

Exactly but it would help make MMA more "legit" if the UFC brass would have backed GSP a tad more (and mostly would have help if nsac would get rid of cancer Kizer ) .

Hendricks has absolutely no obligation to do the additional tests. And to a certain extent, I can see why he'd be hesitant to do so even if he was 100% clean. The problem, in my eyes, is that he said he would do them. Maybe he didn't know what they entailed. Maybe he was uninformed. But it's his own fault for publicly stating he'd do it before he got himself informed. I think it's stupid for any of these guys to volunteer for this stuff, but once you say you will, you should.

It won't matter, though. Because as much as I want Hendricks to knock GSP out, GSP is going to win this via standard, easy UD.

All these guys call GSP a drug cheat outright or infer it. He gets sick of their shit and calls the next one to under go rigorous testing and the guy runs for the hills.

Its complete BS, GSP has every right to say get stuffed and not fight him. But he is too loyal to the UFC and fans to rock the boat that much.

Hendricks has absolutely no obligation to do the additional tests. And to a certain extent, I can see why he'd be hesitant to do so even if he was 100% clean. The problem, in my eyes, is that he said he would do them. Maybe he didn't know what they entailed. Maybe he was uninformed. But it's his own fault for publicly stating he'd do it before he got himself informed. I think it's stupid for any of these guys to volunteer for this stuff, but once you say you will, you should.

It won't matter, though. Because as much as I want Hendricks to knock GSP out, GSP is going to win this via standard, easy UD.

I hear you, but people "say" things all the time, don't follow through, and time washes it all away. How many times has Dana said one thing then did another - for no good reason apparent to the public? And the UFC hadn't suffered because of it at all. Even if Hendricks flat out lied, all will be forgiven and forgotten after the fight.

Again, I still think Hendricks was trolling GSP, and it looks like it may have worked.

Well I'm thinking from Dana's point of view and this is exactly the reason why he was against this while thing in the first place. I mean if both guys genuinely had no problem accepting and passing the test, no problem. But when someone is hesitant in accepting the test, which BOTH of the guys were (Hendricks to much larger extent), it implies that the regular tests are easy to pass even while on juice.

I actually think the whole idea of VADA testing for certain fights is potentially bad for th sport. Because say GSP and Hendricks both agreed and did the testing and were both clean. You then risk there being a question mark over any fight where they don't do additional testing, especially if it's offered at a discount or whatever. The champion and challenger in the next fight could have any one of a number of good reasons to not want to do VADA, but if they turn it down it will be a question mark.

I'm not against additional testing, per se, but I think every fight/fighter should be tested the same.

I hear you, but people "say" things all the time, don't follow through, and time washes it all away. How many times has Dana said one thing then did another - for no good reason apparent to the public? And the UFC hadn't suffered because of it at all. Even if Hendricks flat out lied, all will be forgiven and forgotten after the fight.

Again, I still think Hendricks was trolling GSP, and it looks like it may have worked.

Oh, absolutely. I'm a prime example. I'm a Yankees fan. If A-Rod could have played well this season, I'd have been more than happy to have him in the lineup while his appeal was pending. And I'll jump up and cheer if Hendricks knocks out GSP. But that's because I'm a Matt Hughes fan who is jealous of GSP's abs.

I actually think the whole idea of VADA testing for certain fights is potentially bad for th sport. Because say GSP and Hendricks both agreed and did the testing and were both clean. You then risk there being a question mark over any fight where they don't do additional testing, especially if it's offered at a discount or whatever. The champion and challenger in the next fight could have any one of a number of good reasons to not want to do VADA, but if they turn it down it will be a question mark.

I'm not against additional testing, per se, but I think every fight/fighter should be tested the same.

The UFC could clean all that up by having proper testing for everyone, all the time. But we all know why they wont do that.

Well obvoisly GSP is riled up about it, and if that was Johny's plan it worked but made him look pretty damn bad while doing it. Interesting point of view though, but I cant say I agree with it.

Even if hendricks has gotten under gsp skin, I don't see it affecting gsps performance in the cage he always comes in cool as a cucumber

What a pathetic attempt by a GSP supporter to discredit what Johnny has done. Try to hide your trolling a little better next time. He is not dodging anything. He is following the same drug testing procedures he and every other UFC fighter has submitted to their entire careers.

Interesting.

What would you think if GSP was in Hendricks position in all of this?

i haven't heard from anyone who really cared, until now I guess.

Interesting.

What would you think if GSP was in Hendricks position in all of this?

I love GSP. I think the whole additional testing thing is stupid. There is a system in place that seems to work. The cheaters get caught and thats all you can ask for. I understand GSP's take on wanting to prove he is clean since the Diaz accusations etc. In my opinion GSP is just a genetic freak. Kind of a Jones, Mendes, Adrian Peterson type a guy.

You know guys, I really think Dana was on to something when called it that this whole additional testing would just make the whole sport look really bad, man. You see there's a reason you don't let your guys run their mouth about having no problems taking voluntary tests cause we all know it's not gonna happen anyway. Now GSP, being a Canadian, no big deal, went out and decided to actually arrange the whole damn deal for himself and also to pay for Johny's tests.

Now what GSP didn't know was that The Big Rigg was running his mouth all along, how his nutrition is based on wild hogs and burgers. No illegal substances needed, according to the man himself. Important point here because he backed himself into a corner, and we all know American athletes have a long history in being very anti steroid on the ourside, while being on the juice at the same time. Now I'm not saying Hendricks is on steroids here, but at the end of the day this whole farce not only makes it look so, but also makes the whole sport look like a joke. Thanks Johny.

Let's not get into nationalistic labeling regarding steroid abusers, especially when discussing Canada. Ben Johnson arguably ushered in the steroid era when he suddenly burst on the scene and beat Carl Lewis in some high profile races. Ben Johnson, FYI, is Canadian. Ben Johnson, FYI, claimed he was clean. Ben Johnson, FYI, tested positive for so much horse meat, doctors were concerned he was about to grow four hooves and a tail.

Saying he would do it, asking for it, and then backing out is bad enough.

But on top of that to try to throw dirt at GSP who is willfully doing it, saying he 'doesn't want him to test positive and then not show up for the fight', that 'they have nothing to prove', that 'he wants WADA to test' when such thing makes no sense, and 'that GSP is getting paid by VADA', is shady, cowardly and hypocritical behavior at its purest.

Hendricks has come out of this ordeal looking like a liar and a dishonest person.

I love GSP. I think the whole additional testing thing is stupid. There is a system in place that seems to work. The cheaters get caught and thats all you can ask for. I understand GSP's take on wanting to prove he is clean since the Diaz accusations etc. In my opinion GSP is just a genetic freak. Kind of a Jones, Mendes, Adrian Peterson type a guy.

Fair enough mate

Who cares? Let them do illegal substances, or better yet, make them legal.

What a great model to give to the youth... lets all ruin our health! Thats not the purpose of sport. What will you say to your child when he will ask you which drug to use to be as good as the other guys in his sport?

Back