Hendricks dodging tests makes the sport look bad

I really don't care about all this additional testing. So what if they have to cycle off for 8 weeks before the fight. Its not like they weren't able to use PEDs for the 5 years before they started their testing anyway

What is this 5 year period you are referring to?

GSP offered testing under one organisation, Hendricks did not like that organisation and offered another which GSP did not like.

So you're really buying that "I didnt like VADA". Well what has Hendricks done to start testing with another org? Nothing, all the while GSP is working on doing both tests.

my interest is the same, but like cycling one day the sport of MMA and boxing will face the music for dragging their feet on PED's. The current tests are a joke.

Yeah, and the saddest thing is that MMA and Boxing are the sports that need regulation the most!

Hendricks WINNING The WW Title would make the sport looking bad. The guy is a big mouth, a cry baby who pretends GSP is a cheater and, in the end, he is the one probably cheating since he is the one asking for the drug tests and NOT doing them.

What a joke, good news IS The champ is gonna destroy him for 25 minutes and he will get remembered as another name in a long list of losers to the WW GOAT.

the sport look bad the moment the champion says that he will do additional doping test to clean the sport.
it means that the current testing is crap.

it is the same thing with boxing.
everyone now want to prove that he is clean.

Hendricks WINNING The WW Title would make the sport looking bad. The guy is a big mouth, a cry baby who pretends GSP is a cheater and, in the end, he is the one probably cheating since he is the one asking for the drug tests and NOT doing them.

What a joke, good news IS The champ is gonna destroy him for 25 minutes and he will get remembered as another name in a long list of losers to the WW GOAT.

Word. Though I actually like Hendricks' fights, but he's just not a man of character.

Who cares? Let them do illegal substances, or better yet, make them legal.

That's just f*cking dumb. Let's put pressure on fighters who don't want to use drugs. Let's side with the drug users and tell the clean fighters : "If you want to stay competitive, just take drugs."

If you can't see how that's a bad thing, I'm sorry for you.

the sport look bad the moment the champion says that he will do additional doping test to clean the sport.

Well, random testing is expensive for a government org to do. I think UFC should eventually step up. Before that though, Hendricks needs to step up to the plate to back up his big words. Be a man, Johny.

The current testing is crap whether to champion says it or not. The organizations are just being hypocritical.

That's just f*cking dumb. Let's put pressure on fighters who don't want to use drugs. Let's side with the drug users and tell the clean fighters : "If you want to stay competitive, just take drugs."

If you can't see how that's a bad thing, I'm sorry for you.

Good point, bro. At the end of the day though people always wanna see superhumans going at it. I dunno the answer to this dilemma and it's a whole another big topic on it's own.

As things stand now though Hendricks should step up after the big words.

Maybe it's just me, but Hendricks chickening out doesn't really reflect poorly on the UFC or the sport, it reflects poorly on Hendricks.

He came out of this debacle looking like a joke.

Maybe it's just me, but Hendricks chickening out doesn't really reflect poorly on the UFC or the sport, it reflects poorly on Hendricks.

He came out of this debacle looking like a joke.

Well I'm thinking from Dana's point of view and this is exactly the reason why he was against this while thing in the first place. I mean if both guys genuinely had no problem accepting and passing the test, no problem. But when someone is hesitant in accepting the test, which BOTH of the guys were (Hendricks to much larger extent), it implies that the regular tests are easy to pass even while on juice.

Well I'm thinking from Dana's point of view and this is exactly the reason why he was against this while thing in the first place. I mean if both guys genuinely had no problem accepting and passing the test, no problem. But when someone is hesitant in accepting the test, which BOTH of the guys were (Hendricks to much larger extent), it implies that the regular tests are easy to pass even while on juice.

Who cares about implications? I thought it was obvious the piss tests are easy to pass. The only people getting caught by it are dumb.

If Hendricks isn't dodging tests mandated by either the appropriate commission or the UFC, I disagree with you, TS.

This whole ordeal between GSP and Hendricks was just a mindfudge, and nothing more.

If Hendricks isn't dodging tests mandated by either the appropriate commission or the UFC, I disagree with you, TS.

This whole ordeal between GSP and Hendricks was just a mindfudge, and nothing more.

I would absolutely agree with you, if it wasn't for the fact that Hendricks talked so much shit about having no problems with additional tests. combined with his tough man statements it just makes him look bad when he after all that talk refuses the actual tests based on ridickulous reasons.

I would absolutely agree with you, if it wasn't for the fact that Hendricks talked so much shit about having no problems with additional tests. combined with his tough man statements it just makes him look bad when he after all that talk refuses the actual tests based on ridickulous reasons.

See, I never took any of that seriously - I honestly believed he was just trolling GSP the entire time to play mind games. And based upon what GSP said, it may have worked :)

There is no such thing as "bad for the sport". Only MMA fans hear about what happens in our little world and while they may have strong opinions one way or another, it generally doesn't stop them from watching.

It would have to be much bigger than this for it to be mainstream sports news, like many fighters getting pinched in some kind of sting operation. If Zuffa keeps to their policy of doing the bare minimum when it comes to testing, that's a possibility in the future though.

See, I never took any of that seriously - I honestly believed he was just trolling GSP the entire time to play mind games. And based upon what GSP said, it may have worked :)

Well obvoisly GSP is riled up about it, and if that was Johny's plan it worked but made him look pretty damn bad while doing it. Interesting point of view though, but I cant say I agree with it.

Back