Has Jon Jones grown on you?

I never hated him. I don't even know the guy.

Never had a problem with him. Enjoy when obsessed fanboys have their favorite fighter ruined...he is good at that.

No. I'll probably always root for him to lose. That being said he's one of the most impressive fighters I've ever seen.

Not at all. But I will say when he let Vitor almost rip his arm off without tapping I gained A LOT of respect for him.

For me a true Champion isnt someone who can use there physical gifts to overcome their opponents but someone who can push through pressure and adversity and still remain on top.

Still hate his personality and I dont think he will ever be someone Id want to hang out with but that night proved more than any other fight hes been in that that man deserves to wear that belt.

EDIT: IMO

I have liked him since the day he destroyed Bonnar when he was about 12 years old.

The guy's grown on me quite a lot if I'm being truthful, he always comes in with a great plan and finishes his opponents, I was pretty pissed when he dropped Machida and that he refused to look at shogun when they were posing for a pic. Other than that I don't really mind him, I wouldn't mind seeing him lose but I have no problem watching him beat the crap out of people

Probably wouldn't ever root for him but he's a great fighter so can't hate on that.

That's exactly what GSP claims to do. He says that he is not a 'good boy' in real life but he acts like one in front of the cameras to be a good role model for all of the kids who look up to him. Jones does the same thing. He is not perfect, but tries his best to be a good person and promote a positive image.

Whether it's real or feigned, GSP's humility seems genuine. That's the critical difference. Playing Devil's Advocate, it would be tough on Jones to stay level headed, being so young and simply destroying a legend of MMA like Shogun, then Rampage, then top class former champs in Machida and Shad.

If he was c0cky like Sonnen and embraced it, and didn't need to be told 'go get some fans' then he'd be vastly more popular.

if you are a true fan of certain fighters its hard to like
the guy who destroyed them in brutal fashion. so i
would say i admire him for being the best... but im not
a fan of his.

He kinda has on me. Not even a year ago I hated his guts, but he's grown on me like a benign tumor.

Still hoping that he loses every one of his fights, though. :icon_chee

what a paradoxical post.

do you hope he loses his fights less bad now?

:eek:

He kinda has on me. Not even a year ago I hated his guts, but he's grown on me like a benign tumor.

Still hoping that he loses every one of his fights, though. :icon_chee

My respect for him went up after escaping that Belfort armbar, but no, I still don't like him

Nope. Till he fights at HW, then I may change my mind.

Never disliked him. Liked him since the first time I saw him fight, and have only come to like him more as he's evolved as a fighter.

There is no reason to hate Jones. He is a talented fighter and respectful person. The only people who hate him are the fanboys of Shogun, Rampage, or Machida and that's because he straight up embarrassed all three of them in the cage.

naw i dont think its the machida or rampage fans, I think its the shogun fans bc he totally destroyed shogun. I am a fan of shogun and i didn't like him bc of that at first, but thats not a good reason to not like someone. He has grown on me

Back