Has Jon Jones grown on you?

If anything I'm haveing a bit of an opposite reaction. I liked him alot right out of the gate. His style is so entertaining. From his fight w/ Bonnar (when I first took notice) to his run to the title.

But now he as to talk alot and when I hear him talk...., I dunno it seems fake, he try's too hard. But it is alot of pressure for such a young guy so, whatever. He's paid to fight, I pay to watch him fight, not talk, so really I could care less.

+1

He clearly thinks he is Jesus and has said so. He has descended down here to help Greg Jackson.

This is what I call a mancrush right here folks.

He is a cheap fighter in my opinion. Kicks to knee, sticks his fingers in people faces to they can't rush forward, he has actually headbutted people on numerous occasions.

He always talks himself up and insults other fighters(said Shogun and Bader were overrated and stuff like that, when they were being very respectful to him before the fight). Always constantly talks himself up in interviews about how he can do this, he's the best at that, he'll make sure to tell everybody how great he is any chance he gets, off the charts ego.

I'm not telling people not to like him, simply he rubs me the wrong way and I will never cheer for him.

Imagine him talking himself up, while destroying everyone in his path. No one is on his level and he knows it. And you don't like him because of that? So you prefer a shit talker who can only back it up half the time like Diaz or Chael? Nice...

Lol. The hate for Jones originated with him being "cocky" and "disrespectful" by telling the world how he was going to (convincingly) beat 75-80% of Sherdog's LHW heroes in interviews before he fought them. He then proceeded to do exactly what he said he would do and smash said heroes. Sherdog is now butt hurt and finds anything wrong with him they can to bring him down.

I see the opposite. I see a disciplined man who tries to be a good role model even though he knows he is not perfect.

A good role model acts like an ass to his fans by not signing replica belts because there not as good at him as fighting? A good role model would have said the drinking and driving was messed up and he never will do it again, not sit and talk about how the accident was an obsticle that he needs to overcome in his life like his oppressed or something.

Nope, I've always enjoyed his fights and will continue to do the same. Jones can be cocky, arrogant, fake, religious, or whatever people want to label him as but as long as he fights the way he does in the cage, I will always be a fan.

Post above you explains a little bit. Rampage, Diaz bros and Chael are about as disrespectful, not sure why Benson, Silva or Faber are being mentioned there though.

The trouble is that his kind of disrespectful doesn't sell fights, unlike the Diaz bros and Chael.

Anderson showboats and mocks his opponents all of the time. Faber is a litter cocky douche and acts like he deserves title shots all of the time. Benson used to be cool but he is getting cocky too.

Jones is more down to earth than any of these guys. Yet they all have fans.

I think the reason why people give the Diaz Brothers, Rampage, Chael, and the countless other arrogant/disrespectful fighters a pass for their behavior is because they know they are flawed fighters who will be grounded in due time. Jones has no flaws. There is nothing worse to losers than a confident guy whose confidence is warranted. People hate to see superior people acknowledge their own superiority. It stokes feelings of inferiority in everyone.

Think about it, who will piss you off more:

1) Some homeless guy going around gloating how he is smarter, richer, more successful, and overall better than you.

or

2) Bill Gates going around gloating about how he is smarter, richer, more successful, and overall better than you.

The latter case would probably be true, and thus, it would hit closer to home. You would just shrug off the homeless guy. But when Bill Gates says it you will take notice and get resentful.

Imagine him talking himself up, while destroying everyone in his path. No one is on his level and he knows it. And you don't like him because of that? So you prefer a shit talker who can only back it up half the time like Diaz or Chael? Nice...

Diaz and Chael are humble guys in terms of the fight game. Diaz is intense and Chael has his act. Diaz doesn't go on rants about how so and so is overrated and how he has the best this and best that.

I also don't see Diaz and Chael complaining about signing replica belts because the person didn't "earn them".

With Jones it's a different type of arrogance and disrespect. It's not the type that sells fights, it's just who he is as a person. Like I said he rubs me the wrong way.

Nope, I've always enjoyed his fights and will continue to do the same. Jones can be cocky, arrogant, fake, religious, or whatever people want to label him as but as long as he fights the way he does in the cage, I will always be a fan.

This! I don't care what kind of person ANY fighter is! I like fighters for their styles and the fights they put on, with mild personal biases for unrelated things.

I always said once he acted more like himself, instead of pretending to be humble and respectful, then I'd probably begin to like him.
:

That's exactly what GSP claims to do. He says that he is not a 'good boy' in real life but he acts like one in front of the cameras to be a good role model for all of the kids who look up to him. Jones does the same thing. He is not perfect, but tries his best to be a good person and promote a positive image.

Nar I don't like him, the latest thing I seen was him in a Q and A with Sonnen and he done this thing with his elbows, was awkward to watch.

I asked him for a pic and he denied me (politely). I later saw him taking a pic with a hot, stacked brunette wearing a low cut dress.

I still root for him though. Just thought I'd share my story.

That's exactly what GSP claims to do. He says that he is not a 'good boy' in real life but he acts like one in front of the cameras to be a good role model for all of the kids who look up to him. Jones does the same thing. He is not perfect, but tries his best to be a good person and promote a positive image.

I dont think anyone would compare Jones' personality to GSP's. Except for you apparently.

Not at all. I used to like him, but he comes across so artificial, plus for all his goody-goody preachy-preachy (I'm a church goer and i find he lays that angle on too thick) he proved to be hypocritical with his DUI offence. He's beaten other guys who I really liked (Machida, Shad) and made it look easy. Plus that garbage where he crawls into the cage, that bugs the life out of me for some reason.

I am not a hater, i respect his skills and enjoy watching his fights, but not a fan of the man himself, and less so as time passes.

I asked him for a pic and he denied me (politely). I later saw him taking a pic with a hot, stacked brunette wearing a low cut dress.

I still root for him though. Just thought I'd share my story.

:icon_chee so fake

Back