Has anyone gained respect for Conor.....

I think the Conor haters are a lot more aggressive than the Conor fans though.

Now suddenly, Diaz is a weed head (as if that ever mattered) and Cerrone just received a beat-down(so whats the point in fighting him).
Claiming every fighter/champion would do what Conor is doing which is certainly not the case, many Champs turned down late replacement opponents and many more fighters sit out and weight for their title shot.

It's gotten absurd.

Well you have to admit that Connor is usuall fighting fighters that are not 100% prepared. Mendes owned him the first 1 1/2 rounds than ran out of gas. I can imagine the same happening to Nate now.

He beat Aldo fair and square. And if somebody really said that about Cerrone, than it's ridicoulus. It would have been the best choice IMO. He had a full training camp 2 weeks ago and he came out from the fight unharmed. Would have been the fairest choice.

Gained respect definitely.

I could go either way. His fanboys are annoying, but you're right in that he will take any fight anywhere and to be honest he keeps things entertaining.

At this point reading all the haters crying ever since the Aldo Ko they overtaken the fanboys. If I was fanboy I'd be trolling the morons calling him a ducker saying he is so lucky. Have you read some of this stuff? It's ridiculous.

Well you have to admit that Connor is usuall fighting fighters that are not 100% prepared. Mendes owned him the first 1 1/2 rounds than ran out of gas. I can imagine the same happening to Nate now.

He beat Aldo fair and square. And if somebody really said that about Cerrone, than it's ridicoulus. It would have been the best choice IMO. He had a full training camp 2 weeks ago and he came out from the fight unharmed. Would have been the fairest choice.

I have to admit he usually fights fighters who are not fully prepared? Name one besides Chad Mendes & the now Nate Diaz.

As a fighter, I have immense respect for him.

The other shit outside of the cage doesn't register.

It's a double edged sword on one hand yeah he takes fight on short notice, but he also hand picks who he wants to be the replacement.

i can't stand him personally, but there's no denying that he's got balls. they've changed opponents on him twice now in high profile fights and he didn't even bat an eye either time. that and immediately moving up weight classes - you have to give him props for that at least.

After all this? Im not gonna lie, i always thought conor was a brash and disrespectable guy, that luck has definitely been on his side, but i gotta admit, the guy has balls, and an iron will.

He coulda backed out after aldo did last year, but stayed. He coulda backed out again...but stayed to save the card....i cant help but respect that. So many people would and have pulled in similar situations, but this guy is willing to go through with it.

I think its more that i have never been a fan of conors fans than him, but this definitely scores him points in my books. Kings MMA on the other hand loses major points. First Werdum feigning injury, now this shit.
What? No! He picked the easiest fight that was available to him and acts like he moved up to 170 when in fact he's fighting a 155 who under 10 days notice decided it'd be best to not have to make such a drastic cut. War Diaz!

#sagebless

He didn't turn down Khabib, Dana did. You know it as well as I do. Good luck with your agenda, though.

Keep believing, sucker. Conor and Dana hate each other too, remember that? Lol

Say and think what you want about Connie, but respect is something everybody should be giving him.

They're fighters, you should respect them regardless.

Your respect means jack shit though so you shouldn't withhold respecting someone.

Just like Shogun, i hope Conor loses because of his fans.

BJ fans, worst fans in MMA history IMO.

Conor is the best thing in MMA right now, if you're a fan of this sport you want to see him succeed and bring this sport to another level. 1st fighter to simultaneously hold belts in 2 weight classes, that's history in the making.

If only the haters can get past all his antics and shit talking they'll realize that this shit is epic, Conor is doing something no man in MMA history has done before. Appreciate it, embrace his success.

He is the closest thing we've ever seen to Muhammad Ali. And when he has his first loss in the UFC, it will be like Ali's first loss to Frazier. He will accept defeat with grace, but nothing will change. All these losers that try to pile on expecting him to cower and be submissive will be sorely mistaken, and it should be a lesson to us all.

He's not acting this way because he just won his last fight. That's who he is, and he is unwilling to allow the fear of failure to control his attitude and behavior.

People on here disrespect him for saving shows, sadly...

Get off his nuts. No one is backing out of a 10 million dollar purse and LESSER competition. No replacement is of RDA's caliber. Conor goes from fighting the CHAMP to the guy the champ just beat down (Cerrone) or a weed head like Nate Diaz--and Sherdog is calling Conor a warrior for it LMAO. Sherdog is swinging on his nuts right now.

90% of the roster would do the same thing if given the opportunity and were paid like Conor!
7be21546.gif

After all this? Im not gonna lie, i always thought conor was a brash and disrespectable guy, that luck has definitely been on his side, but i gotta admit, the guy has balls, and an iron will.

He coulda backed out after aldo did last year, but stayed. He coulda backed out again...but stayed to save the card....i cant help but respect that. So many people would and have pulled in similar situations, but this guy is willing to go through with it.

I think its more that i have never been a fan of conors fans than him, but this definitely scores him points in my books. Kings MMA on the other hand loses major points. First Werdum feigning injury, now this shit.
I always respected him, his Sherdog fans are annoying but I find most fighters have ignorant fans

Conor is great. Some of his fans though.......

Connor asked me one time to show him some respect, because he's the champ........I told him I have more respect for the sunglasses he's wearing, cause at least they're 3 inches long!!!!

Your post makes no sense.

Never been a fan? Than him? English much?

I kind hope greggor or diaz after winning knock you out.

Sorry grammar police. Its called typos, sometimes it happens. Im not writing an essay here, so i could really give a fck what some kid on sherdog thinks, nor am i gonna sit and proof read them before i hit post ....get a life.

he's signed to fight RDA at 155 for the belt and is currently booked to fight 6'2 Nate Diaz at 170 pounds. like it or not, Conor is a fight fan's dream

Back