Has anyone gained respect for Conor.....

Apocalypse604

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After all this? Im not gonna lie, i always thought conor was a brash and disrespectable guy, that luck has definitely been on his side, but i gotta admit, the guy has balls, and an iron will.

He coulda backed out after aldo did last year, but stayed. He coulda backed out again...but stayed to save the card....i cant help but respect that. So many people would and have pulled in similar situations, but this guy is willing to go through with it.

I think its more that i have never been a fan of conors fans than him, but this definitely scores him points in my books. Kings MMA on the other hand loses major points. First Werdum feigning injury, now this shit.

I could go either way. His fanboys are annoying, but you're right in that he will take any fight anywhere and to be honest he keeps things entertaining.

Already had hespect for him.

Title holder wanting to move UP to challenge.

That's some BJ level balls right there.

Just like Shogun, i hope Conor loses because of his fans.

i hopped on the bandwagon after 13 seconds in December

Ya, id be a liar if i said i didnt think he was good for the sport. UFC needs more fighters who are willing to take risks and step it up when need be. Even though i picked rda to win, and think frankie can beat him....i cant deny the fact that he is a ballsy fighter who doesnt back down.

I like his fight mentality, don't care for all the bs trash talk nonsense, but it is what it is. He likes to fight which is always good, especially for someone with his status. The only thing I truly don't like, and it's not even him, is all the preferential treatment. But that's on Dana. Kind of neutral towards Conor.

I thought this became obvious when he accepted Mendes on 2 weeks notice.

No... why would I ? For doing what every good champion before him has done ??? Are you shitting me TS ?

We got used to guys like Anderson and Jon Jones always coming up with some bs excuses to not fight against someone from the weight division above theirs, or against each other.

McGregor deserves a lot of respect for doing the opposite of that and hopefully he sets an example for other champions.

We would also see more people being vocal around here about how they admire some of the things Conor has done, had he not have a legion of nut huggers and stupid kids as his following.

Reminds me a bit of Kobe Bryant, a lot of people 'hate' on him because of his fans, not because of the player himself.

It's a great time to be a Conor fan.

Why or how? For not getting injured?

He's already turned down the replacement fight that makes the most sense after Dana promoted the idea he would fight anyone. I'm suppose to "gain respect" from that?

He already has my respect, but turning down Khabib certainly didn't gain him any. I actually don't blame him for turning it down. Just don't blow smoke up my ass....

After all this? Im not gonna lie, i always thought conor was a brash and disrespectable guy, that luck has definitely been on his side, but i gotta admit, the guy has balls, and an iron will.

He coulda backed out after aldo did last year, but stayed. He coulda backed out again...but stayed to save the card....i cant help but respect that. So many people would and have pulled in similar situations, but this guy is willing to go through with it.

I think its more that i have never been a fan of conors fans than him, but this definitely scores him points in my books. Kings MMA on the other hand loses major points. First Werdum feigning injury, now this shit.

it might not be respect, I'll have to meditate and align my inner chakrums to decide what it is and it's been a busy day, but I give him props for his willingness to fight the next guy up. For sure.

He's already turned down the replacement fight that makes the most sense after Dana promoted the idea he would fight anyone. I'm suppose to "gain respect" from that?

He already has my respect, but turning down Khabib certainly didn't gain him any. I actually don't blame him for turning it down. Just don't blow smoke up my ass....

oh shit, did he turn down Khabib himself or is that...ahem..."paraphrasing"?

He didn't turn down Khabib, Dana did. You know it as well as I do. Good luck with your agenda, though.

Back