Has anyone gained respect for Conor.....

Think about his thoug.
I cannot even begin to think what reasoning some people have ...
  • Some say take the Khabib fight: Well, Khabib is not even an option. He backed out of a MArch 5th fight with Ferguson because of injury. Now, he wants to fight McGregor March 5th ...
  • He gets shit because Diaz cannot make weight in 10 days and wants a catchweight at 165lbs. People argue that he anyway wants that 170 belt so why not take the catchweight bout? Like McGregor could magically put on 10 pounds of muscle instantly to challenge for the WW belt tomorrow
  • He gets shit becasue he's "ducking" Holloway/Edgar/Aldo. Well, first Edgar/Holloway are injured, and Aldo backed out again. Second, he just put on 10 pounds of muscle, is he supposed lose it magically over night to drop to 145?
I mean, one would think, that after thinking for just a momnet, people would refrain from threads like these, but they are actually serious!
Everyone is backing out or cannot make weight, but people shit on McGregor?

giphy.gif

He didn't turn down Khabib, Dana did.

Exactly....And I just finished having a drink with Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Wait...Colonel Mustard just showed up....He said for you to "get a clue".

No... why would I ? For doing what every good champion before him has done ??? Are you shitting me TS ?

jon jones pulled....jose aldo has done it....werdum just recently did it....there have been a lot of fighters that have done it dude.

I've always respected Conor as a fighter. I don't care about the actions of his super fans, it's not like he personally went and picked the little buggers out. For all we know, he may find them rather annoying as well. I'm sure he still appreciates them, though.

Typical response from a typical Conor hating dork. If you're going to make this stupid claim at least have something to back it up with instead of hiding behind some pathetic veil and accusing me of being naive.

Most people who hate Conor hate him because of some of his stupid fans, they are annoying.

Trash talking and fanbase aside, Conor should be an example for every fighters. He'll fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, no matter what.

After all this? Im not gonna lie, i always thought conor was a brash and disrespectable guy, that luck has definitely been on his side, but i gotta admit, the guy has balls, and an iron will.

He coulda backed out after aldo did last year, but stayed. He coulda backed out again...but stayed to save the card....i cant help but respect that. So many people would and have pulled in similar situations, but this guy is willing to go through with it.

I think its more that i have never been a fan of conors fans than him, but this definitely scores him points in my books. Kings MMA on the other hand loses major points. First Werdum feigning injury, now this shit.

I gained a ton of respect

I love that he always stays on the card. I think it's a classy move. That being said, all indication is that he makes demands in order to stay on the card. Whether you think that's fair or not is up to you. He demanded the interim belt against Mendes and it appears that he made a demand regarding Nate Diaz coming in at 155 for this potential bout.

gotta give it up to him. not that big of a fan, mostly because his fans are annoying, but he is crazy enough to move up weight and and brings it every single time he fights. have to respect that.

Gained respect because he's going on with his uninjured day? Guess so???

I mean it just makes sense he is probably willing to fight guys like Nate, Cerrone and maybe Pettis and hesitant to fight guys like Alvarez, Khabib or Ferguson

Respect I guess but I feel like he is only choosing matches now that will be favorable for him in his mind

Don't respect any fighter, but I do respect the popcorn he brings. Will stream 196 for free with bated breath.

I don't love everything Conor does, but I think that his attitude about keeping his promises is fantastic. Only a truly miserable or mentally ill person could argue with the fact that he shows up and puts on a show every time.

Typical response from a typical Conor hating dork. If you're going to make this stupid claim at least have something to back it up with instead of hiding behind some pathetic veil and accusing me of being naive.

Hey, you tell yourself whatever it takes...And I'm not hiding behind some veil, I'm telling you, yes, you're extremely naïve

Injuries happen this is MMA.
Oh ok, so please explain to me what the odds would be of two different title holders pulling out of two different fights due to injury.

GTFO man, this is beyond the point of plausible coincidence. Guys are ducking Conor we have been telling you all that for a while.
The dude is so scary amateurs were ducking him for years.

Big words for somebody that can't produce even the slightest bit of evidence to the contrary.

Your fantasy world must be fucking amazing.

Back