Has anyone gained respect for Conor.....

To think Jones wouldn't take a short notice fight against a middleweight Chael Sonnen of all people, a less dangerous puncher and wrestler than Dan Henderson who he'd been preparing for. Sonnen coming off of an embarrassing loss of all things.

Exactly....And I just finished having a drink with Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Wait...Colonel Mustard just showed up....He said for you to "get a clue".

Pretty hypocritical since you're just buying into selective information (there's been word that Khabib never actually offered to fight, just to pick something contrary) and then speculating further from that. That, followed by your attitude, does not resemble that of a logical person that cares about facts.

Yeah, Connor is definitely a bad ass in that way. So many other dudes would have backed out in these last two situations, but he just doesn't give a f*ck, and it's awesome.......

the guys a fucking warrior, if your not a fan, your not a fan of fighting.....yeah he has a big mouth, who cares hes a fighter.....who else is or has done what hes doing, guys a champ, on a side note BRAZIL IS SCARED OF CONOR

Get off his nuts. No one is backing out of a 10 million dollar purse and LESSER competition. No replacement is of RDA's caliber. Conor goes from fighting the CHAMP to the guy the champ just beat down (Cerrone) or a weed head like Nate Diaz--and Sherdog is calling Conor a warrior for it LMAO. Sherdog is swinging on his nuts right now.

90% of the roster would do the same thing if given the opportunity and were paid like Conor!

No, not at all. He wants the money and has a way easier fight. Good on him. Make your money and wait for RDA I guess, or defend the other title noones talking about.

Think about his thoug.
I cannot even begin to think what reasoning some people have ...
  • Some say take the Khabib fight: Well, Khabib is not even an option. He backed out of a MArch 5th fight with Ferguson because of injury. Now, he wants to fight McGregor March 5th ...
  • He gets shit because Diaz cannot make weight in 10 days and wants a catchweight at 165lbs. People argue that he anyway wants that 170 belt so why not take the catchweight bout? Like McGregor could magically put on 10 pounds of muscle instantly to challenge for the WW belt tomorrow
  • He gets shit becasue he's "ducking" Holloway/Edgar/Aldo. Well, first Edgar/Holloway are injured, and Aldo backed out again. Second, he just put on 10 pounds of muscle, is he supposed lose it magically over night to drop to 145?
I mean, one would think, that after thinking for just a momnet, people would refrain from threads like these, but they are actually serious!
Everyone is backing out or cannot make weight, but people shit on McGregor?

giphy.gif
Great common sense post. There are a few of you guys on here with some sense but are hard to find, floating in this cesspool surrounded by filth and shit on all sides.

i respect his skills/talent, dunno enough about the guy to give more respect than that, he is definitely here to fight though, it's unfortunate a couple of his opponents have pulled out due to injury

Exactly....And I just finished having a drink with Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Wait...Colonel Mustard just showed up....He said for you to "get a clue".

I seriously doubt conor himself turned that fight down. He was willing to fight chad mendes in a similar situation, why not a khabib on short notice coming back from a really long layoff? Seems like the best time to fight him, if ever there was one.

Get outta here with that Khabib shit. Dude last fought like 2 years ago and has 2 finishes in his last 6 fights. Theres no reason for him to get the fight after not fighting for almost 2 years AND he would get owned anyways. You haters are just want that fight because you hope Conor gets laid on for 15 minutes. He didnt turn down shit. He wouldnt think twice about fighting the made of glass Russian. Hell hed probably get injured within that 2 weeks.

Already have so much respect for conor, but yes yes I have gained even more.

Great common sense post. There are a few of you guys on here with some sense but are hard to find, floating in this cesspool surrounded by filth and shit on all sides.

Thanks, glad you see it that way ;)

Well, by now McGregor has taken the Nate fight at WW, so what do I know :p

champ that wants to fight every couple of months, change weightclasses, and doesnt care about his opponent

love him or hate him, conor is great for the sport

champ that wants to fight every couple of months, change weightclasses, and doesnt care about his opponent

love him or hate him, conor is great for the sport

Exactly this
Plus his ability to call how fights go is really interesting
He makes MMA fun

As far as his personality, well, to each his own but as far as fighting goes Conor will never let you down.
2 cards saved and in one he was injured.

Anyone hating is just that, a hater plain and simple.

There are a lot of good post and info on here.
Just laugh off the trolls and agenda posters and focus on the good info

I like Connor. I don't like his fanbois who are constantly attacking and bashing other fighters. I can be a fan of Connor and still appreciate what Aldo has done and brings to the table.

I like Connor. I don't like his fanbois who are constantly attacking and bashing other fighters. I can be a fan of Connor and still appreciate what Aldo has done and brings to the table.

I think the Conor haters are a lot more aggressive than the Conor fans though.

Now suddenly, Diaz is a weed head (as if that ever mattered) and Cerrone just received a beat-down(so whats the point in fighting him).
Claiming every fighter/champion would do what Conor is doing which is certainly not the case, many Champs turned down late replacement opponents and many more fighters sit out and weight for their title shot.

It's gotten absurd.

Why or how? For not getting injured?

He's already turned down the replacement fight that makes the most sense after Dana promoted the idea he would fight anyone. I'm suppose to "gain respect" from that?

He already has my respect, but turning down Khabib certainly didn't gain him any. I actually don't blame him for turning it down. Just don't blow smoke up my ass....
this

Back