Opinion Has anyone ever switched from right to left?

Ok, but I’m not asking who moved from the extreme right more towards center. I guess I should have been more specific since today people slightly right of center I consider pretty liberal (the far left is not liberal at all).

Well, I still thought that the liberal democratic political order was the best thing for us but that it would magically appear if the government would just go away. But now I'm pretty far left: maybe a Menshevik? Something like that anyways.

Serious question, because personally I can’t think of a single person who used to be a conservative or even slightly right of center, but then thought better to become a leftie.

On the flip side I know a ton of people who used to be on the left but grew up and moved towards the right (myself included). Yes, back in my early 20’s I was one of those idiots who wore a Che Guevara t shirt and romanticized revolution against the evil capitalists. Then I grew up, travelled the world, bought a home, got married, became a father, and woke up to the realities of life.

I’m not sure who first said it but I once heard a saying that goes something like ”If You Are Not a Liberal When You Are Young, You Have No Heart, and If You Are Not a Conservative When Old, You Have No Brain”.

I’m 42 now and don’t know many people my age who are still leftists, and the ones who are tend to be people who I could only describe as individuals who could never really get it together. Mostly socially awkward types who don’t do well in relationships with others, or are not doing well financially mostly through faults of their own and are constantly blaming the system for their failures.

I have a cousin like that, dude was born in Canada, good looks, was popular in high school, fairly well off parents, grew up upper middle class, had every opportunity you can think of, and just never bothered to make an effort to have any discipline, and now he’s 45, always struggling to make ends meet and still blaming society for all his problems.

Meanwhile I was born and grew up in a communist nightmare, immigrated to Canada in my teens, didn’t know the language, didn’t even do well in school, but was still able to do very well for myself by my 30’s and realize just how good I have it to be in this land of opportunity.

Back to the topic, is there anyone on this forum who once considered themselves on the right, but now decided that left is the way to go, and be honest. (I imagine there are a bunch of you who went in the opposite direction)

I was a Republican from GS through my early 40’s. I was active in R groups in HS, college, and grad school.

I seemed to stabilized as left of center but not as far as warren or Bernie.

Globally this is more common than you think but it is moving to the left economically. The US and western PC politics is not a good representation and the right in the US often embraces the worst of capitalism often as a means of keeping down certain groups and an everyone for themselves thinking being duped into trickle down wealth beliefs. And the left is in denial of biological reality.

Luckily for me, I was never a leftist. I just can't do it. I look at any man that is a liberal as an absolute fucking pussy. Hard to believe anyone would come to an MMA forum and openly say they are liberal. Liberals are whiners, feminine, soft and horribly self loathing.

I give @Fawlty and @Jack V Savage credit for admitting that shit. It takes balls to admit that your wives are probably tougher than you.

In 2016 I was neither and I don’t care about politics because I am having too much fun stationed in South Korea.

Then when I saw the mass avalanche of cry babies, windows of businesses being busted out in Seattle, anti-America protestors, random white peoples getting pulled out of their cars and beaten half to death.... well... I then knew which team I WASN’T on.

To be fair, anyone is going to look nuts compared to the stable genius currently leading the GOP.

6392b082-4b04-11ea-befc-ef9687daaa85_image_hires_142454.JPG

That mother fuckers face looks like a half cooked pork chop LOL!!

Luckily for me, I was never a leftist. I just can't do it. I look at any man that is a liberal as an absolute fucking pussy. Hard to believe anyone would come to an MMA forum and openly say they are liberal. Liberals are whiners, feminine, soft and horribly self loathing.

I give @Fawlty and @Jack V Savage credit for admitting that shit. It takes balls to admit that your wives are probably tougher than you.

This is really strange to me. It’s the total difference between an MMA forum and MMA/jiu jitsu gyms.

In 2019 I trained in 5 fight different fight gyms in 3 different countries. I came across virtually ZERO liberal lefty twinks.

Has anyone ever switched from right to left?

Can you ever actually be a rightist if you're not white?

I get you can be a conservative and non white, but the far right is white nationalist. Defining yourself as a rightist surely disqualifies anyone who isn't white because how can you follow an ideology where the further it goes the more racist it becomes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far-right_politics

Rupert Murdoch is probably to blame for 9/10 of all people jumping from left to right, what a man he is.

Thinly veiled "I hate women" post.

I imagine those two would be like she guevaras “boyfriend” ...docile and controlled

Not worth it
hmm...this quote notification was for me. Did you switch from "troll" to "frightened little boy"?

Don't tag me for shit like this. Keep it in your pants.

I imagine most of the people on the left here would say I'm right winged. My self-perception could be skewed but I think of myself as almost completely in the center, maybe a little right leaning.

But I was raised ultra-right, and my family hates me. I'm pretty sure my brother thinks I'm gay because I'm not right winged enough.

I used to be pretty right wing, was raised Christian and was pretty conservative for most of my youth. I started leaning left once I reached my 30’s, changed my views on things like gay marriage and the war on drugs. However, the insanity of woke leftists made me move more to the center.

How can you be a non white leftist? Do you like being used by white Liberals and globalists for votes? Do you ignore being a pawn because you want to ruin white societies?

Nationalism is present in every country. Every race is capable of saying no to open borders and the dissolution of their culture, people and country.

You'd have to be incredibly dumb or brainwashed to be a white leftist. The ideology teaches you to specifically hate white people.

You can't compare the right and left when it comes race being an intergral part of their ideology.

Has anyone ever switched from right to left?

Can you ever actually be a rightist if you're not white?

I get you can be a conservative and non white, but the far right is white nationalist. Defining yourself as a rightist surely disqualifies anyone who isn't white because how can you follow an ideology where the further it goes the more racist it becomes?

I’m obviously ignoring the idiots on the extreme ends of each spectrum, there is no conversation to be had with some outright racist on the right or some leftist idiot who’s willing to ignore biology or promote Marxism.

To me someone slightly right of center is pretty much a classical liberal at this point, nothing to do with being a racist, just someone who rejects the woke insanity and still believes in freedom of speech, and that individuals should be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin and what tribe they belong to.

My father and nearly the entire side of his family is conservative and I grew up in a relatively conservative household (politically speaking; not value-wise). I slowly drifted left as I grew older because the right seemed, I don't know, dumb, for lack of a better word. Just a really myopic worldview, I thought.

Out of boredom and morbid curiosity, I listened to Hannity on a near-daily basis when I drove a lot for my first post-college job. That quickened my transition more than anything else could hope to do.

Race is a critical component to the leftist ideology and it constantly focuses on it. It reminds you of race every single day.

If you're a leftist you're supposed to think about race in every situation you're in. You're supposed to make decisions based on race. You're supposed to judge and treat people differently because of their race.

Show me some examples of leftism being exclusionary based on race. I'm not talking about some leftists using terms such as "white privilege" I'd like you to show me where race is part of leftist ideology.

No, anyone who supports 12 year olds wanting to have sex changes is going to look completely nuts without having anything to do with the Orange man.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the theoretical or real-world political spectrum. On the other hand, the majority position among right-wing politicians is that tax cuts for rich people magically increase economic growth so much that they actually pay for themselves (despite no theoretical basis for that belief and mountains of evidence against it), that climate change is a hoax perpetrated by a conspiracy of scientists, that it's OK for the president to direct foreign policy (and use public resources) toward hurting his political rivals, etc. Contrary to @LogicalInsanity's claims, just having a value that A) truth exists and B) you should always tell the truth puts you on the left in America, unless you're just not aware of the facts of various issues.

Show me some examples of leftism being exclusionary based on race. I'm not talking about some leftists using terms such as "white privilege" I'd like you to show me where race is part of leftist ideology.

It's clearly not, as the spectrum relates to your position on equality, and support for racial hierarchy is inherently anti-equality and right wing.

Back