Has anyone ever successfully watched Dune?

if you didn't watch it, you missed one of the funniest scenes in a movie ever. when the giant vagina thing in a huge coffin goes to see the emperor, one of its attendants trips over the coffin, and falls on his ass.
Lol I’ve never noticed that. I should check it out again.

Successfully? I've got the soundtrack on vinyl, I'd say that's a success!

Only while trippin', back in the 90's.

It was on repeat.

I don't remember a thing.

Yea I watched the whole thing.

It was ok but the books are too complex to make a good movie of.

The worst part and this is legit
I did watch it
I sat through it
I know I did
My eyes were open
Not a memory of it was retained
It was like I spent two hours on a chair against a wall
for reals

May I recommend to you Eraserhead directed by the same person David Lynch

Dune ended up being a movie studio editing fiasco for Lynch who originally wanted the final cut to run almost 4 hours but the studio honchos made him chop up nearly 2 hours out of it so he butchered it on purpose cut out about 2/3 of the entire first 2 hours but only a 3rd of the second half. If you read the book you will understand the pacing during the first 90 minutes is just too unbalanced however once things slow down in the last 30 to 45 min it starts to look like the film Lynch wanted to make from the get go.

Eraserhead is pure David Lynch with no one looking over his shoulders. You think sitting through Dune was an ordeal then try Eraserhead on for size.

I tried recently but didn't finish most of it. It was horrible.

I have like twice. I didn't enjoy it at all. It's a pretty bad directing choice imo. That said, if Denis Villeneuve can't do it justice then it might just not be possible to adapt the story for the screen. After his last two movies, he is arguably the best sci-fi director ever, and both Arrival and 2049 are entertaining while also being thoughtful and philosophical, which Dune needs to manage in order to be faithful to the novel.

On paper, his tackling this film is a dream come true for fans of the books.

Never really attempted to watch it, but will try if it's on uncensored premium cable or VUDU.

I couldn't finish dune or moon.

Felt like I was watching Twin Peaks but with sand n worms.

And I still can't make it thru an entire twin peaks episode.

It was originally just shy of an hour longer, the editing made it more disjointed than it otherwise would have been. It went from a rough cut of 4 hours to a director's cut of around 3, then cut down to around 2 by DeLaurentis.

Last edited:
I think I caught Sting in some kind of diaper (?) and never followed up.

I couldn't finish dune or moon.
What about ROOM? COCOON? Any thoughts on TEMPLE OF DOOM? HIGH NOON. DOOM?

BENNY AND JOON?

I prefer the Sci-Fi channel mini-series remake.

I think I caught Sting in some kind of diaper (?) and never followed up.

What about ROOM? COCOON? Any thoughts on TEMPLE OF DOOM? HIGH NOON. DOOM?

BENNY AND JOON?
you forgot platoon...platoon was good doe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back