Has anyone ever successfully watched Dune?

I’ve seen it quite a few times. It has a really creepy vibe to me. I still skip that one weird scene when the baron drains that twink who’s trying to water the flowers.
He squeezed him like toothpaste

The book is pretty bad too. His writing style is a jumbled horrific mess. Like Tolkien on speed.

I read it as a teen and it was just a chore to finish.

if you didn't watch it, you missed one of the funniest scenes in a movie ever. when the giant vagina thing in a huge coffin goes to see the emperor, one of its attendants trips over the coffin, and falls on his ass.

I tried unsuccessfully a few times when I was younger but actually watched it through a few months ago. There were some things I liked about it. The worst thing IMO is the pacing and flow of the movie. It seems rather disjointed and lacking in context. I never read the book's myself. I think that's a problem a lot of people have with the movie, they really liked the books and the movie falls really short for them.
The book reads a lot like that actually. The first one anyway, never read the rest.

Shit reads like a nerdy acid trip.

@Clippy

oaUksRB.png

I don't even understand this reference cause I can't seem to focus on the fuckin movie!!!!!

I liked it when I was a kid, but I attempted to watch a few years ago, and yiiiiikes. I like Kyle McLachlin, but he was not a stellar choice for Paul Atreides, though that barely scratches the surface of everything wrong with the film. Dune and Fire, Walk With Me are Lynch's worst projects.

Last edited:
I remember trying to watch it as a kid and couldn't make any sense of it. Years later after reading the book I watched it again and enjoyed it.
Some stories really need a narrator because there is alot of back story that you miss out on
I dont know how anyone digests that movie without the book. Same goes for 2001 a Space Odesy.

Nah I was too busy enjoying the fuck out of Flash Gordon

Flesh Gordon was better than Flash Gordon.

I have watched Dune all the way through a few times. It isn't one to watch on commercial television. It isn't the greatest movie ever and it will be interesting to see what the 2020 version will be like. I don't think it's possible to do the books justice in a 90 minute movie. It would probably take a series like Game of Thrones to follow the books.

I actually made it through Showgirls, but not Dune!

tumblr_pweijvgEXB1wb1ol5o4_1280.jpg

giphy.gif

Back