• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Haiti gang kills US politician’s missionary daughter and her husband

"Herp derp, my indefensibly stupid comment was just trolling. " - every poster that says something comically stupid ever.
Normally that would be a valid point, except when the comment tips its hat, and the only person too obtuse to interpret the obvious sardonicism is the kid regurgitating Google. Buttsex beerman caught the facetious tone.

Nevertheless, while you're hip deep in Google, if you wanted to be more serious, on the topic shitholes and AIDS, go Google the nations with the highest prevalence of AIDS in the world. Check out the Top 30. Note the locations of the countries. Perhaps scroll down further paying special attention to where the Dominican Republic registers.

Then come back and tell us if you learned anything.

Normally that would be a valid point, except when the comment tips its hat, and the only person too obtuse to interpret the obvious sardonicism is the kid regurgitating Google. Buttsex beerman caught the facetious tone.

Read the room. You're in a thread full of edgelords circlejerking about a country collapsing because it happens to full of black people. I'm sure most of them read the AIDS comment and agreed without giving it a second thought.

Nevertheless, while you're hip deep in Google, if you wanted to be more serious, on the topic shitholes and AIDS, go Google the nations with the highest prevalence rates of AIDS in the world. Check out the Top 30. Note the locations of the countries. Perhaps scroll down further paying special attention to where the Dominican Republic registers.

Then come back and tell us if you learned anything.

Oh, you're one of the edgelords. Nevermind. Carry on.

Read the room. You're in a thread full of edgelords circlejerking about a country collapsing because it happens to full of black people. I'm sure most of them read the AIDS comment and agreed without giving it a second thought.

Oh, you're one of the edgelords. Nevermind. Carry on.
This is gold. You're so deeply prejudiced you project your preformed assumptions rather than noting more powerful correlations.

I never said a word about black people. That isn't the principal correlation to AIDS, or to shitholes.

What a dumb thing to say.

It is believed AIDS spread to Haiti in the 1960s. AIDS wasnt clinically observed until 1981. You're blaming them for contracting and spreading a disease that no one knew about.

Secondly, it's not like North America would be AIDS free today if some Haitians didn't contract it in the 60s. It has spread to every region of the world. It was coming here one way or another.

It's like blaming America for being the springboard for COVID in North America because the first know North American COVID case was in Washington state.
- Aids patient zero was found in the end of 1800 no?

Kenyan police advance team leaves Haiti as international mission is delayed​

BY EVELYNE MUSAMBI
Updated 9:50 AM BRT, May 25, 2024

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — An advance team of Kenyan police officials who were assessing preparedness before a multinational force is deployed to quell violence in Haiti is heading back home after the planned deployment was delayed over logistical issues.

The team is due to arrive back from Haiti on Monday after recommending a deployment delay that was later announced by the president.

A senior Kenyan official who declined to be named as they are not the official spokesperson said the bases are still under construction and crucial resources including vehicles are needed before deployment of the first 200 police officers from Kenya can take place.

The deployment was due to start this week, but President William Ruto said it would be delayed for three weeks.

The base where the police will operate from is about 70% done and there is need for secure stores for the armory, according to the senior official, who was in the advance team.

The officials arrived in Haiti on Tuesday, met the Haitian police on Thursday and the transitional presidential council on Friday.

U.S President Joe Biden on Thursday expressed deep appreciation to Ruto, who was on a state visit, for the deployment to help quell gang violence in Haiti.

The United States has agreed to contribute $300 million to a multinational force that will include 1,000 Kenyan police officers and others drawn from Jamaica, the Bahamas, Antigua and Barbuda and other countries.

Haiti has endured poverty, political instability and natural disasters for decades. International intervention in Haiti has a complicated history. A U.N.-approved stabilization mission to Haiti that started in June 2004 was marred by a sexual abuse scandal and the introduction of cholera, which killed nearly 10,000 people. The mission ended in October 2017.

https://apnews.com/article/kenya-police-haiti-4efd3d7634f6b4ddb4a3d856f670a3e7

No you're thinking of Rambo, the fourth movie (best Rambo movie btw). Last Blood is the terrible 5th movie that felt more like Taken than Rambo.

I agree , reminds me of the movie Last Blood with Stallone where the missionaries came thinking they would help the cause and everything is peaches and puppies. That guy is a douche bringing his woman there in that lawless situation and not thinking the very worst will happen.

- Haiti is like Gotham without Batman, Bane, Penguim or Killer Croc, nobody with a shred of compassion. Just a bunch of psicos like the Joker running wild!
Even Joker wouldn’t hang around Haiti

No you're thinking of Rambo, the fourth movie (best Rambo movie btw). Last Blood is the terrible 5th movie that felt more like Taken than Rambo.
I don't think many people know that "Rambo: Last Blood" even exists. Came and went in the theater, and got sprinkled around the streaming platforms afterwards. Heard it was at least plenty violent, though.

I don't think many people know that "Rambo: Last Blood" even exists. Came and went in the theater, and got sprinkled around the streaming platforms afterwards. Heard it was at least plenty violent, though.
I didn't regret watching it. Definitely does not compare to the others though.

Most of the violence is at the very end of the movie and a lot of it is just a bunch of sloppily edited quick cuts of Rambo killing goons. I went in thinking it might be good cause Rambo vs Mexican drug cartels sounds good on paper, but it failed on pretty much every level.

Should have just left the franchise alone after the fourth one. The ending to that one was the perfect place to end the series.

Yes, thanks just looked it up again. But basically same idea of naive people thinking they can save the world but have no idea on the reality of the situation. It's a lawless state and bringing your blond white wife in a country filled with gangs who dont have rules was just dumb.

I never said anyone deserved to die, but i'm not a fan of people trying to convert others to their dumb religion. therefore i have very little sympathy.
Do you feel better today? I'm sorry I'm attacking you. Maybe I can get some yellow cards. But do you feel better today after everything you have said.

Tragic...RIP.
The only silver lining is that if Ben Baker has any pull, he may be able to motivate the GOP to move on action in Haiti.... and NOT missionaries, but a peace keeping force.

That said, if you expect to go on a peace mission to Hell and hope that the light of God will protect you....just don't. There are plenty of folks that are desperate for help that reside in peaceful countries.

5000 fuckfaces are terrorizing the entire country? WTF.

Those folks need some 2nd amendment action.
What country has the US gone into and actually made better? If the US goes in as "peace keepers" the people in Haiti will just be screwed in a different way. They need to sort their own country and find a way to make it work. US meddling will do no good.

Kenyan police advance team leaves Haiti as international mission is delayed​

BY EVELYNE MUSAMBI
Updated 9:50 AM BRT, May 25, 2024

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — An advance team of Kenyan police officials who were assessing preparedness before a multinational force is deployed to quell violence in Haiti is heading back home after the planned deployment was delayed over logistical issues.

The team is due to arrive back from Haiti on Monday after recommending a deployment delay that was later announced by the president.

A senior Kenyan official who declined to be named as they are not the official spokesperson said the bases are still under construction and crucial resources including vehicles are needed before deployment of the first 200 police officers from Kenya can take place.

The deployment was due to start this week, but President William Ruto said it would be delayed for three weeks.

The base where the police will operate from is about 70% done and there is need for secure stores for the armory, according to the senior official, who was in the advance team.

The officials arrived in Haiti on Tuesday, met the Haitian police on Thursday and the transitional presidential council on Friday.

U.S President Joe Biden on Thursday expressed deep appreciation to Ruto, who was on a state visit, for the deployment to help quell gang violence in Haiti.

The United States has agreed to contribute $300 million to a multinational force that will include 1,000 Kenyan police officers and others drawn from Jamaica, the Bahamas, Antigua and Barbuda and other countries.

Haiti has endured poverty, political instability and natural disasters for decades. International intervention in Haiti has a complicated history. A U.N.-approved stabilization mission to Haiti that started in June 2004 was marred by a sexual abuse scandal and the introduction of cholera, which killed nearly 10,000 people. The mission ended in October 2017.

https://apnews.com/article/kenya-police-haiti-4efd3d7634f6b4ddb4a3d856f670a3e7
www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2024/5/24/major-non-nato-ally-what-does-bidens-new-kenya-pledge-mean

Any correlation between the two stories?

Back