Guys who train, is it even possible to compete at this level w/o PEDs?

I say let all fighters juice. They are fighters.

Yes, but you have to be really young. The standard has been set too high.

The type of shape you're forced to get in to compete at this level is insane. Of course you're not "forced" to train as hard as others, but the guys who don't either don't last at the highest level, or never reach it.

You gotta be fresh. The type of physical breakdown involved with this sport is extremely hard. If you're not using PED's, you simply won't be able to recover at the rate as someone younger and/or more fresh.

I will say technology has helped be able to push legal techniques for performance enhancement to very significant levels in the last few years. Most don't acknowledge just how much things like hyperbaric chambers, cryotherapy, blood spinning, and stem cell therapy have impacted this sport, and all sports for that matter.

Last edited:
the guys who claim to be training 6 days a week, 2 sessions per day at moderate-high intensity are probably on PEDs

False i am 18 and have been doing it for a year now. No peds. Only protein powder and some spices like turmeric cloves cayenne which are all natural really cant even call it a supplement. Vitamin d and magnesium that kinda shit

I love Lyoto but I doubt that a guy who's willing to drink pee to gain a minuscule advantage would somehow be above touching PEDs. That said I feel like they're all on it...especially the champions. The human body just isn't made for hours of rigorous training day after day year after year.

This is silly, urine therapy isn't about getting some advantage in sport; it's a spiritual cleansing practice similar to any holistic remedy like meditation and aromatherapy. He should have never revealed to the public that he does it, too many immature kids giving him shit for it.

False i am 18 and have been doing it for a year now. No peds. Only protein powder and some spices like turmeric cloves cayenne which are all natural really cant even call it a supplement. Vitamin d and magnesium that kinda shit

Be patient grasshopper...early time's for you yet pal.

Gotta say this is one of the most refreshing and non-troll filled threads i have seen here in a long time.

I have also trained with Pros who fought for the 'second-largest' MMA org from a few years ago, and they used. And those dudes trained with fighters from the largest MMA organization- and i was told they used as well. I was told about them using before some of them were busted. very recently one of them was busted who had never been before.

Point is- sadly, unless you are 22, ungodly gifted both physically and with supernatural talent, its highly unlikely you will be able to get a belt or ever vie for one in any org that airs its shows, let alone has PPV for them.

Get ready for some sloppy looking dudes really soon!!! IMO its already happening- I can see a little softness in some fighters recently (champs too) and I imagine when that 3 year ban takes effect we will see softer bodies with less muscle and cardio.

I can see the threat of a 3 year ban actually making some guys not risk it. Thats a HUGE blow to anyone's career- or the nail in its coffin.

Gotta say this is one of the most refreshing and non-troll filled threads i have seen here in a long time.

I have also trained with Pros who fought for the 'second-largest' MMA org from a few years ago, and they used. And those dudes trained with fighters from the largest MMA organization- and i was told they used as well. I was told about them using before some of them were busted. very recently one of them was busted who had never been before.

Point is- sadly, unless you are 22, ungodly gifted both physically and with supernatural talent, its highly unlikely you will be able to get a belt or ever vie for one in any org that airs its shows, let alone has PPV for them.

Get ready for some sloppy looking dudes really soon!!! IMO its already happening- I can see a little softness in some fighters recently (champs too) and I imagine when that 3 year ban takes effect we will see softer bodies with less muscle and cardio.

I can see the threat of a 3 year ban actually making some guys not risk it. Thats a HUGE blow to anyone's career- or the nail in its coffin.

Great points. I'd imagine we are going to see a lot more fights cancelled due to injury also.

Oh lawd, the steroid conspiracy nuts are out in full force.

Oh lawd, the steroid conspiracy nuts are out in full force.

First, someone whose FULL-TIME JOB is training, is obviously going to be much better/faster/stronger than John Doe who does BJJ twice.

Right after the non-troll post? Really?

the guys who claim to be training 6 days a week, 2 sessions per day at moderate-high intensity are probably on PEDs

That's not that hard that's high school wrestling man. Not defending or denying anyone using tho

That's not that hard that's high school wrestling man. Not defending or denying anyone using tho

Thing is.... highschoolers have been know to use uppers and peds as well. Not to mention a HS body vs 27yr-old who has been taking punishment since HS are very different bodies. Then consider what happens to the body starting at 30 for a normal person, and then consider that body just took three more years of punishment.

I have no idea why it has taken so long for fans to come to terms with the rampant steroid usage in MMA, but I'm glad it's being talked about now.

I train once a day 5 days a week and that's already taxing enough. I don't know how these guys train 3 times a day 6 days in a row.

Kind of a faulty concept to ask people not good enough to make it as an athlete if people who are, are on ped's

I mean it's possible to Run 9.76 100m clean....

Possible to set high jump records, long jump records, distance records - all while being clean.

Kind of a faulty concept to ask people not good enough to make it as an athlete if people who are, are on ped's

I mean it's possible to Run 9.76 100m clean....

Possible to set high jump records, long jump records, distance records - all while being clean.

Man, you really don't want to admit there's a problem, do you? Are you a former Balco employee or something?

I can't speak for everyone, but it sounds like posters beyond merely myself have interacted with fighters who either are on PEDs or train with those on drugs. Schaub has talked about the rampant problem. Even your favorite "clean" fighter GSP talks about how bad it is. Maybe it's time to just accept that there's a problem?

[YT]NIKx9mk5VMU[/YT]

I train once a day 5 days a week and that's already taxing enough. I don't know how these guys train 3 times a day 6 days in a row.
This. The training these guys do is insane. I trained at a MMA gym for a year straight, and everyday I felt like shit. The small injuries and intense workouts take their toll.

Also, this is these guys' livelihoods. They have to put food on the table for themselves and/or their families. Others come from extreme poverty and this is their only way out. Of course they're going to take something that allows them to train longer and recover faster from injuries. Everyone else in sports is doing the same.

Last edited:
This. The training these guys do is insane. I trained at a MMA gym for a year straight, and everyday I felt like shit. The small injuries and intense workouts take their toll.

Amen. Between competitive soccer through college and kickboxing I have an arthritic hip at 30, carpel tunnel in both hands, no ACL on my right knee and a long list of joint/tendon issues. No doubt I was a silly f#ck as a youngster and could have taken better care of myself, but I also wasn't the worst. Yoga and clean eating are pretty much the only things that keeps my body from falling into sudden-60yrold-syndrom :).

Man, you really don't want to admit there's a problem, do you? Are you a former Balco employee or something?

I can't speak for everyone, but it sounds like posters beyond merely myself have interacted with fighters who either are on PEDs or train with those on drugs. Schaub has talked about the rampant problem. Even your favorite "clean" fighter GSP talks about how bad it is. Maybe it's time to just accept that there's a problem?

[YT]NIKx9mk5VMU[/YT]

No, I think there is a problem.

But to the QUESTION the TS ask - I don't think it is not possible to compete while clean.

Again, the question was not "is there a problem with ped" but rather - can someone compete while not being on PEDs?

Fedor on PED's? BJ?

Back