Guys who train, is it even possible to compete at this level w/o PEDs?

Yes, of course it's possible. Significantly more difficult, maybe, but obviously possible.

The human body isn't meant to fight for 25 minutes. When I see guys in wars or pushing an incredible pace for 25 minutes without looking tired at all, I kind of question it. I'm an amateur fighter, and I put on the same non stop type of pace, and I can barely breathe in my interview if it goes to a decision, and I'm in great shape, and only fight three minute rounds lol

I too am a former fighter and have trained with UFC and bellator fighters as recent as two years ago now I'm a heavyweight that's used creating,whey,horny goat weed,grape seed extract, Gnc type pro hormones and test boosters like anotesten zma, as well as nitric oxide hemodulators

I have never used an illegal steroid.

that said I was grappling with war machine one night and he felt like a got damn chimp he was so fucking strong mind you I out weighed the guy at the time by over one hundred pounds FFS!

Most high level pro athletes regardless of the sport are on something.

I would question everyone. There's a few I would be shocked to find out but Lyoto, Frankie, Ronda and Bendo would be people that I'd place money on. GSP and Fitch got me into the sport and one of them burned me bad so I don't know what to think anymore.

I love Lyoto but I doubt that a guy who's willing to drink pee to gain a minuscule advantage would somehow be above touching PEDs. That said I feel like they're all on it...especially the champions. The human body just isn't made for hours of rigorous training day after day year after year.

A question for all you guys saying you train with pros and you know they're on something..

Not that I'm questioning you, but how exactly do you know? Are these guys so comfortable about PED usage that they talk about it openly in the gym? Do they do it in front of people or something?

I have no direct experience with any of it, but I'm of the opinion that every top level guy is on something in almost every sport. The stakes are too high and your window for success is so short. You'd be an idiot to not exploit every advantage, especially if you know your oponents already are.

If it's so prevalent and the sport really can't exist without it, why is there so much time and effort put into testing for it and banning guys?

It looks good in the media? does it even look good when champs pop tho.

I used to be tired as shit from 5 days a week, 3 hour sessions, and i felt my body needing a break after 2 years of competitive fighting, i was 22 at the time and didnt take anything. I had a 38 year old training partner who did 6 days a week, with two separate 2 hour sessions per day, and 1 hour of s&c. And he was taking growth hormone. So yes you can do it but sheeeit, the guys that do use have such an advantage its not even funny. Im pretty sure my favorite fighters are on some shit too

My opinion is that most guys are using for recovery and injury prevention. Not necessarily for an performance edge. I fight at the amateur level and it's so taxing on the body to do 3 hour workouts 5 days a week. I barely even function at work. And it's extremely expensive to get the best "vitamins and minerals". I've trained with a few guys that compete on the professional level and it makes you wonder how they can operate at that pace for such a long period of time without needing recovery time and very few injuries. Or if they do have injuries they recover in days instead of a week or two.

What tires more if we are talking of the same guys fighting at the same pace, a 12 round boxing fight or a 5 rounder mma one?

MMA, especially if youve already worked out, and then youre trying to stop a wrestler from getting you down

way too hard, too much injuries. Training in wrestling and grappling constantly increase the chance of getting injured compare to boxing and kick boxing.

I too am a former fighter and have trained with UFC and bellator fighters as recent as two years ago now I'm a heavyweight that's used creating,whey,horny goat weed,grape seed extract, Gnc type pro hormones and test boosters like anotesten zma, as well as nitric oxide hemodulators

I have never used an illegal steroid.

that said I was grappling with war machine one night and he felt like a got damn chimp he was so fucking strong mind you I out weighed the guy at the time by over one hundred pounds FFS!

Most high level pro athletes regardless of the sport are on something.

The War Machine is pretty open about his steroid use. If I recall correctly I saw a pic of him saying something along of "Winstrol is for winners" or some steroid is sick.

I don't believe it's possible these days. The temptation to do it is so powerful. And the stakes are high in MMA, you can get hurt real bad. Plus, the assumption is that the other guys is likely doing it, so why not level the playing field? Any guy not on something and having success is pretty much my hero, but I'll never know who that really is.

A question for all you guys saying you train with pros and you know they're on something..

Not that I'm questioning you, but how exactly do you know? Are these guys so comfortable about PED usage that they talk about it openly in the gym? Do they do it in front of people or something?

I have no direct experience with any of it, but I'm of the opinion that every top level guy is on something in almost every sport. The stakes are too high and your window for success is so short. You'd be an idiot to not exploit every advantage, especially if you know your oponents already are.

In my gym, most of the guys that didn't compete were on TRT and hormones. A lot of the fighters I knew didn't talk in the open, but they used the same doctors. This was a few years back when TRT wasn't banned in the UFC, and I doubt it's even tested for in smaller promotions. They mostly just care if your blood work is clean and that you'll sign their waiver. Like a few guys have said, you'd have dudes that you outweighed by 50-100lbs just absolutely manhandle you like they're a damn chimp or they're older than you by 10-15 years and still outwork you with a heavier schedule.

It would take one hell of a special athlete to stay competitive with already good athletes that are using. That's how it becomes so widespread.

No it's not. It's considered tabboo but everyone's in on it.

I think it's likely that many fighters use PEDs... what am I saying? It's proven that many fighters use PEDs.

However, I think people often look past another factor in why these guys are able to train harder than everyone else... Some people are just genetic freaks. The reason some of these guys can train harder and longer than most other people is because they just aren't like other people. Some people are naturally stronger, or faster, or more flexible, or have better cardio.

It'd be naive not to acknowledge the fact that many fighters are on PEDs. But it'd be just as naive not to acknowledge the fact that some fighters are just literally freaks of nature and are capable of things that many of us are not capable of.

Lol op. If my leg snaps in half I will definitely take peds to accelerate the healing process.

Back