Guys who train, is it even possible to compete at this level w/o PEDs?

I'll try posting this again and see if it gets wastelanded again. I feel it was arbitrary and wrong to remove my thread on this very topic:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...rgument-to-legalize-doping-in-sport-1.3178449

The argument of one of the panelists is that you have to in order to be able to compete at the highest levels and the ones with enough money can do it without getting caught if they are smart. I feel if it was brought out into the open better research would establish safety guidelines to reduce the possibility of dangerous results.

I used to be anti PED but the more I learn about it, the more I think prohibition is not the way to go any more than it is with pot. Better to regulate it and make it safer.

17 pages of people who know or have trained with professional fighters and most posts consist of yes most fighters are on it.

If the general community knows this, why is anderson getting singled out and trashed so much? Before the recent NSAC meeting. Doesnt really seem fair.

i felt the same way anout overeem

Dont ask unathletic people
Training is one thing
But there's not a lot of guys on here if any, that legit played sports, and im not talking highschool lacross

17 pages of people who know or have trained with professional fighters and most posts consist of yes most fighters are on it.

If the general community knows this, why is anderson getting singled out and trashed so much? Before the recent NSAC meeting. Doesnt really seem fair.

It's a head in the sand mentality. If you ask a person about athletes being on juice in general, they'll say something like, "oh, they're all on something" but if an individual gets caught, people come down on them for shattering the image that someone can be among the best athletes in the world on more than God given talent and training.

Plus most people have never trained for anything on a competitive level past high school.

Well

As an aspiring pro fighter and future UFC champion who is clean this may seem very discouraging

Because now upcoming fighters like me may start to believe they need to start taking PEDs to even compete but that's not true at all

Look at fighters in the UFC like Cathal Pendred. Solid fighter but let's be honest his boxing technique is terrible. It is literally some of the worst technique I have ever seen.

The point I'm trying to make is that fighters can be on PEDs and still fail to even grasp basic fundamental boxing technique, wrestling technique, Jiu jitsu etc.

It's possible but you wont stay there very long, as someone who trains it is disheartening to see people bash cain cause of his injuries because without PED's it's hard to stay at the level he is especially in a division with guys who can crush you with one punch. The whole training 2-3x a day 6 days a week is sooooo counter productive. A fighter I train with whos 3-0 in the pros trains once a day for 3 hours 5x a week..I think thats the way to go, whats the point of training 8 hours a day for 2 months for a 15 minute fight.

People bash Cain because he has some terrible training programs that they've shown on film before. Some of those things he has done have been shown to run a high risk of leading to bad injuries. PEDs won't prevent something like an injured or torn MCL.

People bash Cain because he has some terrible training programs that they've shown on film before. Some of those things he has done have been shown to run a high risk of leading to bad injuries. PEDs won't prevent something like an injured or torn MCL.

I only really know one UFC fighter well and he was juiced to the gills, would take insulin shots after workouts, take adrenaline shots right before his fights etc. I personally saw him do the juice and insulin and was told about the adrenaline from his roommate. I didn't really keep in touch with him for long after he moved to train with AKA but I highly doubt he quit. He may have stopped for his final fight before he retired though because it was the most lopsided beatdown I have ever seen, one judge even had it 30-24!

I only really know one UFC fighter well and he was juiced to the gills, would take insulin shots after workouts, take adrenaline shots right before his fights etc. I personally saw him do the juice and insulin and was told about the adrenaline from his roommate. I didn't really keep in touch with him for long after he moved to train with AKA but I highly doubt he quit. He may have stopped for his final fight before he retired though because it was the most lopsided beatdown I have ever seen, one judge even had it 30-24!

He's referring to Kyle Kingsbury btw

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/ufc-on...mmins-dominates-kyle-kingsbury-with-takedowns

I've had the pleasure of shadowing a performance coach on my way to becoming one. He worked with at least 8 fighters in UFC who I know for a fact we're using. At least two are popular and have never been caught.

His main client though is a top 10 LW who does not use and refuses almost all supplements.

I'm gonna guess Benson is the clean LW?

Back