Gustafsson Looking for a

I am just biased. Like everyone else here.
Having favorites doesn't automatically include poor estimations of other fighters' skills, or disrespectful attitudes.

Name a fighter in MMA who has proven to be better off his back in mma than mousasi.

both of these men were ontop of mousasi the majority of the fight:

069e69cb7982e5821b532f217fc7ad5b.jpg

images

IMO Mousasi Subs jones.
Not the best examples to give since Mousasi failed to win both those fights.

King Mo definitely looked worse but it was all superficial damage that came from a big amount of lower impact punches on the ground. The Jardine fight is bad to bring up regardless of reason since he took the fight on two weaks notice, despite not being in fighting shape.

That's not saying Mousasi is bad off his back, it's just that you picked really bad examples. Having Jones on top of you, with that insane reach, is quite something else than those two as well.

They both have really great chins, Gus took some bombs from Shogun with his chin up, it's really going to be a great fight and I'll be there live.

Poor estimation according to who? You?
According to me and everyone with any knowledge about martial arts.

It's a fact that he does more than circle and jab. Even a troll would have the sense to at least mention his very commonly thrown uppercut, and even then it's an hilariously bad estimation if it stops there.

But sure, Shogun was hurt purely by jabs and circling. As were the rest of his opponents. :icon_lol:

LOL, you're siding with the judges on the Jardine fight?

Haters are going to hate, I suppose.
No, but my main point about that fight is that anything other than a completely dominant win over a strongly fading fighter, who also took the fight on short notice while being out of shape, was a direct negative for Mousasi.

And I'm not hating on him, I'm just saying that he's had far better showings than those two fights. Hating on him would be saying that he's bad, so don't be so extremely oversensitive.

it's a tough fight both have same weakness and same strength lol

No, but my main point about that fight is that anything other than a completely dominant win over a strongly fading fighter, who also took the fight on short notice while being out of shape, was a direct negative for Mousasi.

And I'm not hating on him, I'm just saying that he's had far better showings than those two fights. Hating on him would be saying that he's bad, so don't be so extremely oversensitive.

I just don't see the point in saying X fighter's performance is based on a judge's decision when the judges are clearly incompetent.

That said, Mousasi is also more motivated now too. He was coasting before, but you could tell before, during and after the Mike Kyle fight that he's finally woken up and that's scary.

Didnt he say that before his match with Shogun?

No he said in an interview that he was actually going to go for a decision against Shogun. He wants to keep his stats balanced

I just don't see the point in saying X fighter's performance is based on a judge's decision when the judges are clearly incompetent.

That said, Mousasi is also more motivated now too. He was coasting before, but you could tell before, during and after the Mike Kyle fight that he's finally woken up and that's scary.
The poster asked if anyone could mention any fighter that's better off his back than Mousasi, and to then give two examples where he didn't win is just in extreme contrast to that. Even if I had Mousasi as the winner I knew that he was in danger of a draw with that deducted point when the match was over. As I said, if someone is heralding someone as the best fighter off his back in MMA, you'd expect better examples than that. Expecially since Jardine wasn't considered very good anymore, and Jardine was probably at his worst since he was out of shape. Before that fight I felt that it was reasonable to expect Mousasi to win in the first round.

It will certainly be interesting to see where Mousasi stands with the top fighters. He looks really good, but he has also not fought as good opponents so it's hard to estimate exactly where he stands. It's a good time to be a rising fighter in the LHW division though. Apart from that Jones is the champ, of course.

Realistically, Mousasi>Shogun technically and hes like a better version of him. Shogun fans come at me.

The huge size difference is going to push Mousasi to drop down to middle weight afterwards if this is actually true. Surprised that this whole weight cutting debacle hasn't yet been accepted by certain fighters.

Ridiculous. Watch his fight against Hector Lombard. He takes huge bombs.

You don't even have to go that far back. Look at his fight with Kyotaro. He took some clean shots and it just seemed to piss him off. Tough fight, but Mousasi takes it. He's better everywhere.

Absolutely love this fight on paper - both guys are awesome, as long as it's 5 rounds we should get an epic fight (Main Events are all 5 Rounds Now right?)

Pretty sure Sweden only allows 3 round fights unfortunately.

Alex by clearcut UD.

if people think he's gonna beat up Alex from his back like he did others you are mental.

Pretty sure Sweden only allows 3 round fights unfortunately.

Alex by clearcut UD.

if people think he's gonna beat up Alex from his back like he did others you are mental.
There's been boxing matches that have been allowed exemptions from the time limit rule so it's not impossible that they can do the same for a main event in UFC. I don't have enough knowledge about the issue to estimate how likely it is though,

Back