Gustafsson Looking for a

NorthFromHere

Blue Belt
Reaction score
MMA Viking spoke with Alexander Gustafsson today about the rumored UFC in Sweden. Gustafsson was at the opening of Allstars Training Center in Stockholm, where he revealed that Gegard Mousasi would be his opponent.

Realistically, Mousasi>Shogun technically and hes like a better version of him. Shogun fans come at me.

Deep water for the UFC newcomer Mousasi. Gustafsson is a solid title challenger.

I think Gus will tower over Gay and just be too big and long...

Realistically, Mousasi>Shogun technically and hes like a better version of him. Shogun fans come at me.
Mousasis chin and heart is quite untested compared to Shogun tho. Might be easier to finish but more dangerous at the same time.

"Realistically, Mousasi>Shogun technically and hes like a better version of him. Shogun fans come at me."

I tend to agree. Shogun is fading, Mousasis striking is a lot better and he can take a shot too. I have never seen him hurt.
However, I think the fight will play out similarly. Gustaffson will use his height and if Mousasi lands something his takedown defense will be a problem for him. Mousasi is just not that big for 205.

Mousasis chin and heart is quite untested compared to Shogun tho. Might be easier to finish but more dangerous at the same time.

Ridiculous. Watch his fight against Hector Lombard. He takes huge bombs.

you don't need nearly as much heart or chin when you're not stupid enough to take punch after punch to the head.

I'm a huge Shogun fan but Mousasi is clearly a better version of Shogun..

Out of 36 fights, we have never seen Mousasi in trouble on the feet. I do expect this to change.

Mousasi by sub after knockdown.

Yeah, look at the stand up of Mousasi against Kyle who is an underrated striker. His defense is spot on.

as a fan of both fighters I'm kind of disappointed this match is happening already .shouldn't Gus be getting a title shot? Wtf

Mousasi better prepare himself well, and preferably not in Holland if he wants to have any chance in this fight.

I really don't know who's going to win the stand up but I'm 99% sure the fight is going the distance both guys are too tough to finish

Gustaffson will use his height and if Mousasi lands something his takedown defense will be a problem for him. Mousasi is just not that big for 205.

Mousasi is one of the few fighters that beat you up despite being on his back.

Just look at King Mo's face after laying on top of Mousasi for five rounds.

5_mma_100418_strikeforce_mo_preview.jpg

It is going to be hard to finish Mousasi. I think he has only been finished twice and they were both to Submissions. He has never been TKOed. I think Mousasi wins the fight realistically.

Not to mention, he KO'd Jacare from his back.

knockouts_Gegard_Mousasi_Upkick_KOs_Ronaldo_Jacare_de_Souza_DREAM_6.gif

"Mousasi is one of the few fighters that beat you up despite being on his back.

Just look at King Mo's face after laying on top of Mousasi for five rounds."

Mousasi beat him up from his guard and Mo did not land anything and they both knew who won the actual fight but on paper the guy on top always wins and that his my concern with Mousasi.
He said he worked a lot on his wrestling and I think he did but I still can see Gustaffson getting a takedown on him. Mousasi could beat him up all he wants but on paper he unfortunately loses the fight.

Just look at King Mo's face after laying on top of Mousasi for five rounds.

5_mma_100418_strikeforce_mo_preview.jpg

Who's holding the belt though? Mousasi's bottom shots didn't win him that fight.

Back