Gustafsson Looking for a

Feijao didnt actually avoid the takedowns vs Mo though just sprung straight back up from them.

To me alot of Mousasi's problems agenst Mo seemed to be his mindset, in his career up until that point he'd generally either subbed or swept everyone who'd taken him down, as a result he really didnt seem to focus much on avoiding them or escaping the ground.

This was really the first match he had agenst someone looking to LnP him with decent sub defence and judging that strongly favoured top control. I'v no doubt Mo always gets takedowns vs Gegard if the fight goes any lenght of time but if Mousasi is resisting the takedown and looking to escape the ground I think he'd potentially end up having to work much harder.

Maybe I remember incorrectly, but I remember Mo not being able to secure the takedown.

I just don't think Mousasi is up to a very high standard in that department.

He couldn't stuff a takedown to save his life. Mo is a great wrestler, but look at what Feijao did with him. Mousasi is an awful wrestler. And Mike Kyle is not exactly a standard to compare.

Mousasi had bad TDD but he is improving in that area and the rest of his wrestling game is pretty solid his takedowns are very good and he transitions well in all positions. Mousasi is like Shogun they have underrated wrestling ability because they have bad TDD, Mousasi does have better TDD then Shogun though.

He wont get it. Mousassi's defence is too good

Defense? The few times I've seen Mousasi fight, his defense mainly seems to revolve around blocking punches with his nose.

Defense? The few times I've seen Mousasi fight, his defense mainly seems to revolve around blocking punches with his nose.

WTF are you talking about? Mousasi has a great defense mainly due to his head movement. He also likes to slip punches like Anderson Silva does.

You don't know the difference between wrestling and takedowns.

No, you apparently do not count offensive wrestling (and takedowns) as part of wrestling. You said Gegard has absolutely no wresting, when he has demonstrated more than once that he has no problems taking down strikers and those with average wrestling.

Against a massive wrestling-based striker OSP, he clearly out wrestled him in every department. I believe he may even have hit the switch on him, to everyone's surprise.

As to getting taken down by Mo, he obviously didn't think it was even worth contesting the TDs when Mo is a legit word class wrestler, and that he always thinks he can beat them off his back.

The mauler by tko

Mousasi never got KO'd, What the hell makes you say that Gus has the ability to be the first. If, and that is a big IF, Gus wins he wins by decesion.

The mauler getting Ko's is much more likely

Is that why Gustafsson is ranked THE most dangerous striker in the Lhw. division and 10 in ALL of MMA according to bloody Elbow. Man, how many times have we seen a guy from K1 background get whooped by someone who didn't compete in K1 . Man fans like you overrate Mousasi.

BE has Gus ahead of Machida and Jones in striking? WTF?

Edit: Oh, it's some BS statistical method they created. Which comes to the brilliant conclusion that Anthony Johnson is the second most dangerous striker.

Back