Gustafsson Looking for a

There's been boxing matches that have been allowed exemptions from the time limit rule so it's not impossible that they can do the same for a main event in UFC. I don't have enough knowledge about the issue to estimate how likely it is though,

5 rounds would be a war.. might get a finish that way. I need to get on that ufc fan club membership and get tickets early

Its funny though, Overeem coming to the UFC fighting garbage was the best HW in the world, Gegard coming over to the UFC fighting the same quality opponents is all hype. I bet if he was a 265 pound roided freak you tools would love him.

the Werdum win, as shitty as it was, was better than any win in Mousasi's career.

I didn't know this was official, I hope Gus wins, he should be getting the next title shot if he does, depending on if Henderson beats Machida or not and how they each perform.

No. Henderson and Machida are both above him. Gus is someone the UFC needs to build up and allow to evolve some more.
If Machida beats Henderson and Gus beats Mousasi I think Gus will get the title shot. Even though DW will probably promise Machida a title shot after his potential win I think Gus will get it if he beats Mousasi.

= mixing it up with takedowns and stalling for a decision

If Machida beats Henderson and Gus beats Mousasi I think Gus will get the title shot. Even though DW will probably promise Machida a title shot after his potential win I think Gus will get it if he beats Mousasi.

Cormier will get the next TS. If Gus wins, he will probably make one more fight before getting the TS (I'd love to see him against Glover).

Anyway, I can see Mousasi wining this one.

Realistically, Mousasi>Shogun technically and hes like a better version of him. Shogun fans come at me.

Don't matter he'll get mauled by the Mauller for sure.

Cormier will get the next TS. If Gus wins, he will probably make one more fight before getting the TS (I'd love to see him against Glover).
Ah yeah. Totally forgot about Cormier. That might be the next TS. And if that is the case I can totally see winner of Mousasi/Gus vs Machida/henderson fighting for the next TS.

BTW,

"The event is expected to be UFC on FUEL TV 9, though it's also being billed as "UFC Sweden 2." The night's main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

Officials announced Gustafsson vs. Mousasi will be a five-round fight".

Source: MMAJunkie

Its funny though, Overeem coming to the UFC fighting garbage was the best HW in the world, Gegard coming over to the UFC fighting the same quality opponents is all hype. I bet if he was a 265 pound roided freak you tools would love him.

which top 5 lhw has gegard beaten again?

they have an equal amount of hype..

plus overeem didnt come into the ufc after draws with ufc lhw rejects who had moved to mw but decided to a lhw fight on short notice.

(yes he kicked his ass but he should have stopped him period)

Mousasi is the future champ !

K-1 level stand up
Great submissions
Iron chin
Natural talent

I got Alex in this fight. Should be excellent!

Mousasi is one of the few fighters that beat you up despite being on his back.

Just look at King Mo's face after laying on top of Mousasi for five rounds.

5_mma_100418_strikeforce_mo_preview.jpg

Beat me to it.

BTW,

"The event is expected to be UFC on FUEL TV 9, though it's also being billed as "UFC Sweden 2." The night's main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

Officials announced Gustafsson vs. Mousasi will be a five-round fight".

Source: MMAJunkie

Wow, Fuel TV?

Shoulda saved that link from last night.

lmfao, I don't know what's funniest, the fact that there's so many shertards here hyping mousassi to win an easy win over Gus, or that he got lost the stand up game against Kyle (And everyone here says Gegard has the better stand up between him and alex).

Get you're shit together. Gus is the better fighter, the next in line to face jon bones jones, and the future of lhw. Mousassi is just a small obstacle to be thrown aside for gustafsson run to become the next lhw champion.

I'm not saying Mousassi is a bad fighter, in fact he is pretty good, but saying that Gustafsson is getting KO'ed and being the underdog is bullocks.

UFC Sweden 2: Shutting Mousassi's nuthuggers mouths, April 6 2013.

as a fan of both fighters I'm kind of disappointed this match is happening already .shouldn't Gus be getting a title shot? Wtf

He's clearly not getting a title shot anytime soon, so he might as well fight Gegard in the interim

Back