Gustaffson makes comment on Jon Jones's failed drug test.

To the poster before you, he is right that being young isn't much of an excuse.... which is why Gus went to Prison! He came out of that experience without excuses and without every trying to defend his actions. He reformed himself and has seemingly become a positive force.

Jones started out being the squeaky-clean snitch. He has now driven a car into a pole while intoxicated, has been noted as an unpleasant person when interacting with fans, has proved even worse to opponents behind the scenes, and now shows signs of a drug problem.

Jones is a fantastic talent, but he is a very poor human being as it stands now. Not the worst. He's not a demon. But he's also left wanting.

Yeah, I completely agree. I was more pointing towards that he was a dumb kid with lots of misdirected energy that did really bad shit, but it was ten years ago. He's obviously not the same guy, where as Jones seem to be going in a very different direction. Once again - doesn't excuse what he did at all, which is why he went to prison and served time like he should have. Noticed I'm kind of just reiterating what you said. :)

wasnt generally claiming it was you. just stating that peple seem to dismiss what fighters did when they were yoiung but jones haters vilify him for snitching on people for smoking pot in hs.

Fair point. I definitely hold some merit to what people did while young, but it's more interesting for me which path they chose after that.

Lack of sportsmanship and being a douche, isn't on the same level ( IMO ) as taking joy in someone's "potentially" life threatening internal battle.

I despise Jones for many of the same reasons you do. I must admit, when the news first broke, I took some sorta sick pleasure from it? After reading some of the comments however, I realized how disconnected and cruel they were. I don't want any part of it. If I'm coming off preachy, that isn't my intent. I believe all human beings can change. While Jones deserves some of the negative reactions, lets not forget he is still human.

I think it's completely the same level...if you're willing to verbally and publically abuse someone else's flaws or whatever you're big enough to have yours put in the spot light and laughed at or criticized. Jones is getting the backlash he deserves I think. Addict or not he's still an awful person.

Seagal meme is great.

3 reasons for that.

1- Gus was an unknown and at the time reckless teen
2- The legal system in Sweden is very strict
3- Jones was a popular UFC fighter when his accident happened... notoriety means less likely to face jail.

I don't want to mention this again but driving drunk can kill, easily.

Does that explain a difference of 15 months in prison vs a $1000 fine? I don't think so.

I don't know what more I can say, except that I really can't see an explanation for how you can think that one incident, which could potentially have killed someone, but ultimately resulted in no bodily harm is worse than multiple counts of aggravated assault spanning several years, aside from that you prefer the one perpetrator to the other.

Yeah, I completely agree. I was more pointing towards that he was a dumb kid with lots of misdirected energy that did really bad shit, but it was ten years ago. He's obviously not the same guy, where as Jones seem to be going in a very different direction. Once again - doesn't excuse what he did at all, which is why he went to prison and served time like he should have. Noticed I'm kind of just reiterating what you said. :)

Just be careful of being a racist for standing up for the white guy.

Lol, nice one.

Jones fan who does believe addiction is a mental illness. Also doubt jones has a real problem and would still laugh if he did. Would also laugh if jones made a funny comment about Gus going to jail. Getting sensitive about celebrities slinging dirt at each other is ridiculous.

Does that explain a difference of 15 months in prison vs a $1000 fine? I don't think so.

I don't know what more I can say, except that I really can't see an explanation for how you can think that one incident, which could potentially have killed someone, but ultimately resulted in no bodily harm is worse than multiple counts of aggravated assault spanning several years, aside from that you prefer the one perpetrator to the other.

It has nothing to do with who I prefer. I believe that getting in a few fights when you're a teen isn't as bad as potentially putting people's lives in danger just so you don't have to get a cab.

It has nothing to do with who I prefer. I believe that getting in a few fights when you're a teen isn't as bad as potentially putting people's lives in danger just so you don't have to get a cab.

If you say so. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

thats cool that he acknowledges its just partying and not PED, that could be a way people go if they want to be dcks - pretty funny joke too

This is how I feel about the Jones situation.

“I hope he's somewhere crying right now – I'm sure he is"

"I don't feel sorry for him. This is combat sport"

Exactly, Jon. Why would I feel sorry for him? He's not addicted. His performance is still A-level. The whole rehab bullshit is nothing more than a PR stunt to save face by the UFC, Reebok and Jones.

Jones fans were on a roll making fun of DC's crying. They loved that their hero was kicking a man while he was down. All of a sudden the tables are turned and they all go "Addiction is a serious problem", "We should stop with these joke threads" etc. Heeeeeeeeee-larious

Last edited:
Their hero is a hypocrite so why wouldn't they be :D

Being 18 isn't an excuse for going around beating the shit out of people. Jones did a little coke, I would say what Gus did was much worse.

I don't really think this is even a question.

Beating the shit out of people is definitely worse than doing coke.

I can't imagine how or why anyone would suggest otherwise.

Their hero is a hypocrite so why wouldn't they be :D

OaG3aqi.gif

I don't really think this is even a question.

Beating the shit out of people is definitely worse than doing coke.

I can't imagine how or why anyone would suggest otherwise.

Most people's argument was that driving and crashing a car while drunk was worse than assault.

Most people's argument was that driving and crashing a car while drunk was worse than assault.

That would be strike two.

Being reckless and potentially hurting people is not as bad as seeking out and intentionally hurting people.

Back