Gustaffson makes comment on Jon Jones's failed drug test.

Everybody treats drug use like a disease, when in fact it is not. Children with leukemia have a disease. They have no say in the matter, and must suffer through the symptoms anyway. People who use cocaine, after seeing all the lives it has destroyed, make a stupid choice.

I don't hate Jones; I don't wish him anything ill. In fact, I want him healthy to raise his kids. But let's stop pretending that drug use is something awful that happens to people. It's a poor choice, and ridiculing that choice is perfectly fine.

^^^^Great post!!!!!!

Being 18 isn't an excuse for going around beating the shit out of people. Jones did a little coke, I would say what Gus did was much worse.

Yeah but not worse than driving a car drunk and crashing...he could have EASILY killed someone in another car/in the car with him or even on the sidewalk.

Or crashed in to a lampost drunk with 2 random girls hahaha, I forget whpo did that but I know he had something to do with MMA :icon_lol:

Magnus, you seem positively giddy over Jones getting popped for coke and entering rehab.

Magnus, you seem positively giddy over Jones getting popped for coke and entering rehab.

I just love being able to say I told you so...ever since the DUI I knew something else was going on... more pleased I was right than pleased it happened.

Everybody treats drug use like a disease, when in fact it is not. Children with leukemia have a disease. They have no say in the matter, and must suffer through the symptoms anyway. People who use cocaine, after seeing all the lives it has destroyed, make a stupid choice.

I don't hate Jones; I don't wish him anything ill. In fact, I want him healthy to raise his kids. But let's stop pretending that drug use is something awful that happens to people. It's a poor choice, and ridiculing that choice is perfectly fine.

yeah hate it too

he has a "disease" and hes a "victim"

While everyone is making fun of this. DC and Court had the most appropriate responses. I am absolutely not a Jones fan but I say this because it is true.

this is sherdog,appropiate is the last thing on our minds

Yeah but not worse than driving a car drunk and crashing...he could have EASILY killed someone in another car/in the car with him or even on the sidewalk.

Causing a car accident where no one was injured is worse than repeated cases of aggravated assault over a period of four years? C'mon now.

What about drug addicted babies. Do they have a choice?

Causing a car accident where no one was injured is worse than repeated cases of aggravated assault over a period of four years? C'mon now.

Yep, Jones could have killed someone that night.

What about drug addicted babies. Do they have a choice?

You choose to do coke for awhile, then the coke starts doing you. I believe in personal responsibility for ones actions. But anyone who has ever known someone in the throws of addiction knows that choices become blurred, and then desperation kicks in. Jones became a victim of his own bad choices, which led to his current situation. I wouldn't wish a coke addiction on my worst enemy, that shit kills people.

So being a rich guy choosing to take drugs now makes you such a victim that it's horrible to say "no time to party ;)"?

Yep, Jones could have killed someone that night.

Don't let your dislike for Jones cloud your judgement. Driving drunk is a really shitty thing to do, but it's a lapse of judgement that a lot of normal people make every single day. Participating in gang violence isn't normal at all. Hurting several people intentionally is worse than causing an accident where nobody was hurt.

Don't let your dislike for Jones cloud your judgement. Driving drunk is a really shitty thing to do, but it's a lapse of judgement that a lot of normal people make every single day. Participating in gang violence isn't normal at all. Hurting several people intentionally is worse than causing an accident where nobody was hurt.

Whatever you have to tell yourself :rolleyes:

You choose to do coke for awhile, then the coke starts doing you. I believe in personal responsibility for ones actions. But anyone who has ever known someone in the throws of addiction knows that choices become blurred, and then desperation kicks in. Jones became a victim of his own bad choices, which led to his current situation. I wouldn't wish a coke addiction on my worst enemy, that shit kills people.

If I'm being honest it seems like you're sympathising with a guy who is rich with a family and has everything going for him because he decided to take coke...and it's not like you're hooked straight away. Jones doesn't deserve to be a victim, and it's his own fault.

So being a rich guy choosing to take drugs now makes you such a victim that it's horrible to say "no time to party ;)"?

IMO, it was a classless cheap shot. I have no idea how wrapped up into coke Jones was. He could be a weekend warrior or takes the casual bump? But if the guy is struggling, there's no need to make a coarse comment like that. It makes Gus look like a shallow small person who lacks compassion.

Don't let your like for Jones fool you, and the what I'm assuming is that you most likely have drove drunk once or twice hence you're stance but Gus did a shitty thing, assaulting people is awful, but it's not like he was putting people's lives in danger...also a lapse in judgement is bullshit, he knew he was getting in a car drunk. He could have hit a family with a car full of kids.

After the whole DC thing, i'd be leery of talking shit about Jones before the fight. Trash the guy all you want after the belts on you but doing so before just makes you look like sad face Cormier when you walk away empty handed.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Jones wouldn't have given Gustafsson a lot of respect either if he were on the other side of this :D

Back