Gustaffson makes comment on Jon Jones's failed drug test.

IMO, it was a classless cheap shot. I have no idea how wrapped up into coke Jones was. He could be a weekend warrior or takes the casual bump? But if the guy is struggling, there's no need to make a coarse comment like that. It makes Gus look like a shallow small person who lacks compassion.

Classless cheap shot? Really... Jones deserves no sympathy considering the homophobic bashing and all the the other shit he says.

Whatever you have to tell yourself :rolleyes:

Spin it however you want, but Gus spent over a year in prison for just one of the incidents, which should tell you that it's no joke. None of Jones' shit has ever landed him in prison.

IMO, it was a classless cheap shot. I have no idea how wrapped up into coke Jones was. He could be a weekend warrior or takes the casual bump? But if the guy is struggling, there's no need to make a coarse comment like that. It makes Gus look like a shallow small person who lacks compassion.

It was a very mild comment about a situation where we've seen nothing that indicates that it has to do with a serious addiction.

I also care less about compassion towards people that also have shown lacking compassion, where the most recent example is Jon's comments towards Cormier after they fought.

I agree. Young thug Gustaffson was more of a menace to society than Jones has ever been.

Supporting the drug industry and all that comes with it are less of a menace?
If you truly believe that you have a very limited understanding of the consequences of the industry.

If I'm being honest it seems like you're sympathising with a guy who is rich with a family and has everything going for him because he decided to take coke...and it's not like you're hooked straight away. Jones doesn't deserve to be a victim, and it's his own fault.

Jones victimized himself through bad choices. But Magnus, if the dude is indeed hooked? He is in for the fight of his life. Having lost friends ( good guys before they became lost in addiction ) I can tell you this is a complex issue. I have no sympathy for Jones, I do however have empathy for him. Drug addiction is ugly and deadly. People you thought you knew, become strangers lost in their own Hell.

Being 18 isn't an excuse for going around beating the shit out of people. Jones did a little coke, I would say what Gus did was much worse.

Yeah, Gus was a kid, Jones is an adult. Jones is getting worse every year, Gus is obviously going in the opposite direction and has been since he started mma. Keep grasping at them straws brah.

I love how some people think this was 'classless'. "No time to party ;)" So classless indeed. Meanwhile saying "I hope he's somewhere crying right now" is le funny mastertrole xDD Jones fans are a confused bunch. "Making fun of his addiction" come on.

After the whole DC thing, i'd be leery of talking shit about Jones before the fight. Trash the guy all you want after the belts on you but doing so before just makes you look like sad face Cormier when you walk away empty handed.

What's special about doing it to Jones? You always risk that when you trash talk and, like Cormier said, no one is stupid enough to think that Jones wasn't already giving it all in training. That's a big part of being a champion.

Drug Addictions a laughing matter now I see.

I love 2015 already.

Drug addiction is not. PR stunts are.

Also, this is Sherdog. There are regular threads of men in silly photoshopped poses after severe and possibly mind-altering knockouts all the time. You really just can't be sensitive on this site.

Jones victimized himself through bad choices. But Magnus, if the dude is indeed hooked? He is in for the fight of his life. Having lost friends ( good guys before they became lost in addiction ) I can tell you this is a complex issue. I have no sympathy for Jones, I do however have empathy for him. Drug addiction is ugly and deadly. People you thought you knew, become strangers lost in their own Hell.

I know, I know what drug addiction or addiction in general looks like. But honestly I can't feel sorry or care for a guy who has it all and would risk it for a score... it's just unbelievable that people think he deserves some sort of respect or sympathy, dude is a classless and arrogant guy.

If it's anything to you I want Jones to get over this and be addiction free because he is an entertaining fighter with the chance of being GOAT.

Yeah, Gus was a kid, Jones is an adult. Jones is getting worse every year, Gus is obviously going in the opposite direction and has been since he started mma. Keep grasping at them straws brah.

so you can dismiss gus's antics when he was a kid but vilify jones snitching on people when he was in hs?

Don't let your like for Jones fool you, and the what I'm assuming is that you most likely have drove drunk once or twice hence you're stance but Gus did a shitty thing, assaulting people is awful, but it's not like he was putting people's lives in danger...also a lapse in judgement is bullshit, he knew he was getting in a car drunk. He could have hit a family with a car full of kids.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions, I much prefer Gus to Jones and I've never driven drunk, I'm scared shitless of it. Face the facts here, Gus got a non-trivial prison sentence for what he did, Jones got a slap on the wrist.

I'm going to have the time of my life trying to catch up to all the stuff fighters/coaches/promoters will say about this.

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

i'm just (sort of) sad i don't have twitter...

so you can dismiss gus's antics when he was a kid but vilify jones snitching on people when he was in hs?

I don't really remember vilifying Jones for that actually. The only thing I've said regarding that is "Not just a rat, but a hypocritical one at that". It's more of a rhyme thing more than anything.

lol @ the jones nuthuggers trying to do damage control now.

CardonaLJ is right that being young isn't much of an excuse.... which is why Gus went to Prison! He came out of that experience without excuses and without every trying to defend his actions. He reformed himself and has seemingly become a positive force.

Jones started out being the squeaky-clean snitch. He has now driven a car into a pole while intoxicated, has been noted as an unpleasant person when interacting with fans, has proved even worse to opponents behind the scenes, and now shows signs of a drug problem.

Jones is a fantastic talent, but he is a very poor human being as it stands now. Not the worst. He's not a demon. But he's also left wanting.

Classless cheap shot? Really... Jones deserves no sympathy considering the homophobic bashing and all the the other shit he says.

Lack of sportsmanship and being a douche, isn't on the same level ( IMO ) as taking joy in someone's "potentially" life threatening internal battle.

I despise Jones for many of the same reasons you do. I must admit, when the news first broke, I took some sorta sick pleasure from it? After reading some of the comments however, I realized how disconnected and cruel they were. I don't want any part of it. If I'm coming off preachy, that isn't my intent. I believe all human beings can change. While Jones deserves some of the negative reactions, lets not forget he is still human.

Cant wait for this fight

I don't really remember vilifying Jones for that actually. The only thing I've said regarding that is "Not just a rat, but a hypocritical one at that". It's more of a rhyme thing more than anything.

wasnt generally claiming it was you. just stating that peple seem to dismiss what fighters did when they were yoiung but jones haters vilify him for snitching on people for smoking pot in hs.

I think "Young kid Jones" is no longer a valid excuse. He's old enough to know better, and he's approaching 30.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions, I much prefer Gus to Jones and I've never driven drunk, I'm scared shitless of it. Face the facts here, Gus got a non-trivial prison sentence for what he did, Jones got a slap on the wrist.

3 reasons for that.

1- Gus was an unknown and at the time reckless teen
2- The legal system in Sweden is very strict
3- Jones was a popular UFC fighter when his accident happened... notoriety means less likely to face jail.

I don't want to mention this again but driving drunk can kill, easily.

Back