GSP take on fighting Diaz, Hendricks & Silva

if silva wants to fight him he knows where to drop weight, gsp is the WW champ, why the champion should gainw eight to fight a challenger? that's not how it works, if you want to challenge a champion you challenge him where he IS the champ

That is a STUPID point of view.
Silva is not just someone challenging the champ as you put.

he is a champ in his own right, and as such, this fight should be met in the middle as BOTH would have to move.

GSP has more to gain by beating Silva than the other way around. but only STUPID people think Silva has to go to GSP's WC to make this fight.

And invariably they are the same people who say that SIlva has to move UP to fight Jones because he is the champ too! That is blatantly going against their very point for GSP, but stupid people only say stupid things... :rolleyes:

That is a STUPID point of view.
Silva is not just someone challenging the champ as you put.

he is a champ in his own right, and as such, this fight should be met in the middle as BOTH would have to move.

GSP has more to gain by beating Silva than the other way around. but only STUPID people think Silva has to go to GSP's WC to make this fight.

And invariably they are the same people who say that SIlva has to move UP to fight Jones because he is the champ too! That is blatantly going against their very point for GSP, but stupid people only say stupid things... :rolleyes:

GSP, hypothetically, should be going to middle weight for this fight to happen. He won't though. So if Silva really wants it he will have to go to 170.

I have no problem with GSP staying at 170 and not moving up in weight. At the end of the day, it is his body, career and health on the line, and if he does not feel comfortable adding weight to his 5 foot 10, 185-90 pound frame, to move up to 185 or CW and face guys like Silva, who are 4 inches taller and walk around 215-220 pounds, i respect that. No one is crying for Henderson to

move up to fight GSP. If GSP ever called out Ben Henderson to fight him at a CW, this forum would rip GSP to shreds. Silva should not call out a guy that is much smaller than him, just for an easy pay day. He should fight Jon Jones, and if he does not want to- just shut up about GSP and keep on fighting at 185. GSP has no obligation to move up. Silva wants the fight, so he should move to 170 to face the champ for the WW title.

I agree. Silva has only fought hand picked opponents the past few years. Moving up to LHW to fight slow fighters with zero punching power and zero mastery of any skill. I've been unimpressed with Silva for a long time. I realize there is no real talent in his division but seriously protecting his legacy by padding his record with subpar opponents is weak.

whut???
First of all, you need to take the head out of your arse.

Silva fought 3 times @LHW.
1) to test himself
2) Against a LHW champ one fight removed from being the champ
3) to save the card.

All his other fights were against whoever Zuffa said was the top guy on his division.

cm-21219-0504f6427c1e71.gif

I have no problem with GSP staying at 170 and not moving up in weight. At the end of the day, it is his body, career and health on the line, and if he does not feel comfortable adding weight to his 5 foot 10, 185-90 pound frame, to move up to 185 or CW and face guys like Silva, who are 4 inches taller and walk around 215-220 pounds, i respect that. No one is crying for Henderson to

move up to fight GSP. If GSP ever called out Ben Henderson to fight him at a CW, this forum would rip GSP to shreds. Silva should not call out a guy that is much smaller than him, just for an easy pay day. He should fight Jon Jones, and if he does not want to- just shut up about GSP and keep on fighting at 185. GSP has no obligation to move up. Silva wants the fight, so he should move to 170 to face the champ for the WW title.

No one has to fight anybody. Catchweights already favor the guy from the lower weight class. Anderson would probably be dead at a 178 CW.

Basically, Diaz deserves it because he believes his loss was close enough, but Hendricks winning streak doesn't really count because he believes he lost against Kos.
'

You get the gold star for the day. Very good.

Why doesn't he just say he wants the easier fight that will make him the most money.

Because he's taking on the harder match up that will make more money...

Then after that? He will fight Hendricks. And after that? He will move up and fight Silva....

Unless of course you just want him to take on all 3 on the same night? Seems reasonable.

This is the real reason Silva and his fans want GSP. Silva said in October that GSP would be a better fight than Jones, because he is smaller and hits less. Those are the words of Anderson Silva. Everyone knows he wants the smaller guy. Here is the link-

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/174733.html

What do you have to say Silva fans?

Yet he took the Bonnar fight on very short notice and looked as big as Bonnar. And don't give me any shit about Silva being fat. The dude looked like he was in decent shape.

MY oh My! You are really dumb.

Do you understand that if GSP didn't cut, he would make MW with ease?

Using your logic then, GSP does not need any time to fight Silva, as he can fight at 185 (actually he would have to go down about 5-10 Lbs for a fight @ 185)!!!

If he waits for Silva to age it will be a short term victory. History will reflect that he dodged until Silva lost considerable ability.
Nah. If there is a SINGLE thing Sherdog has shown that it can't possibly fathom... it is the passage of time.

Fedor. Enough said. "Evolution of the sport" and "overrated" and "top competition" and everything else WAY outweighs people who understand that time moves forward. Don't see why Anderson would be different.

The only difference would be Zuffa wouldn't start a smear campaign against him.

GSP, hypothetically, should be going to middle weight for this fight to happen. He won't though. So if Silva really wants it he will have to go to 170.

Please spare me.
They should fight at a CW.

Both are champions in their respective WC for YEARS now.
There's no sense in telling me "because GSP is a champion" since SIlva is also one.

if anything, Silva has been for longer, yet he is not asking GSP to come up all the way to 185.
A CW between the two would be the most fair.

Again, asinine point of view.

If Bendo was the LW champ for 5 years, everyone would be clamoring for this fight.
The same way people were very happy with BJ when He took on GSP.

And in case you don't know, GSP fought a guy exactly the same size as Silva in Condit and beat him thus making your argument void.

If anything, Silva fighting Jones would be much harder due to Jone's reach. yet Silva said YES.

This is the real reason Silva and his fans want GSP. Silva said in October that GSP would be a better fight than Jones, because he is smaller and hits less. Those are the words of Anderson Silva. Everyone knows he wants the smaller guy. Here is the link-

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/174733.html

What do you have to say Silva fans?

... that you... lack a sense of humor?
he also called himself old. yet he wants a 10 fights contract with Zuffa

What do you have to say???

GSP is clearly ducking Hendricks and Silva..He is afraid to get Serra'd again.

WTF would he duck Hendricks with all of the guys he's beaten? Especially with many that are similar to Hendricks? Not to mention, Diaz is a far more dangerous fighter. Hendricks can say what he wants, but the fact is, GSP would bust him up on the feet and take him down at will.

Silva has not said that. He wants to fight an anorexic starving Jones, if anything...

Oh, let me translate this asinine statement:

Silva said he would fight Jones at CW.
So that is "an anorexic starving Jones"

But then when Silva asks for a CW to fight GSP, your argument is that Silva should come down A FULL WeightClass to fight GSP and that is the most reasonable/fair way???

Makes A LOT of sense!!!:rolleyes:

Back