GSP take on fighting Diaz, Hendricks & Silva

I didn't know that...

Really, he'll fight anyone at 170 lbs. That's great. I would never expect him to do what he's getting paid to.

Lots of credit to him.

And while we're at it... lets criticize Anderson for moving up, and doing what very few champs have ever done, and have no obligation to do.

Technically you're right. But since MW has had very few people worth fighting then Silva shouldn't be considered for any P4P list. Not his fault the division is weak... but I don't see how you can consider him one of the best ever if he has avoided all the greats of the sport except Henderson. Unless him and his fans don't care about that kind of stuff, then fine. Seems strange though you don't have faith in your boy to take out elite fighters he'd already be a favorite on paper over.

From 170 -185 & 185 - 205.

Thats two divisions - Not many have done that. I'd love to see some of the other champions 'pad' their records by moving up and having a shot at a fighter from the higher weight class while they are waiting for their division to sort itself out.

The proper thing to do would be move up to LHW permanently because the MW division blows and has for a long time now. Most people want to see Silva/Jones and seeing as Silva makes 205 easily on short notice and totally dominates at that weight, according to his nuthuggers...it seems he needs to stop ducking Bones.

I think it's interesting how many guys want GSP. You don't hear people screaming to fight Anderson -- except for maybe Bisping. That alone is revealing. People don't want to end up on AS's highlight reel.

But from a pain standpoint, I wonder what hurts more: getting KTFO'd in 1 or 2 rounds or getting tackled and pounded for 5, like GSP does to you.

Remem a guy called Weidmann??

Bj moved up to fight gsp and then did it again after losing the first fight. . so its about time the floppy headed Canadian grew a set and fights Anderson.

Only an idiot thinks Silva is a natural LHW. He is perfect for middleweight. But he still challenges himself.

What if GSP loses to Diaz and misses out on the biggest money fight in MMA history?

Bj moved up to fight gsp and then did it again after losing the first fight. . so its about time the floppy headed Canadian grew a set and fights Anderson.

And Silva moved up to fight...Bonnar...a guy that was chillin on the beach enjoying retirement. Using your idiotic rational, Silva should have moved up to fight Jones. And after he gets his ass handed to him...move back down...fight some scrubs...then move back up and get his ass handed to him again by Jones.

Yea, you're a smart one.

Technically you're right. But since MW has had very few people worth fighting then Silva shouldn't be considered for any P4P list.

Subjective.

Not his fault the division is weak... but I don't see how you can consider him one of the best ever if he has avoided all the greats of the sport except Henderson.

Once again... Subjective.

Unless him and his fans don't care about that kind of stuff, then fine. Seems strange though you don't have faith in your boy to take out elite fighters he'd already be a favorite on paper over.

And a pathetic attempt to discredit Anderson while pretending that you care.

Oh... I really do like Anderson. It's just that everyone he has ever fought sucks and he has never beaten anyone good and he fights in the weakest division and he should have to move up a second time to prove how good he is.

I'm impressed that in a thread in which Georges explain why he's fighting someone who losty his last fight, Anderson gets criticized for not moving up a second time to fight the champ at LHW.

I also find it funny, that people like you have tried discrediting Anderson because of those he has fought, while then claiming he's so good he should move up.

It's like you're desperately pulling shit out of your ass to see what sticks.

The proper thing to do would be move up to LHW permanently because the MW division blows and has for a long time now. Most people want to see Silva/Jones and seeing as Silva makes 205 easily on short notice and totally dominates at that weight, according to his nuthuggers...it seems he needs to stop ducking Bones.

It's like you guy get your talking points from the same place.

Some advice... You shouldn't mention that he makes 205 easily on short notice. That would go against your comment regarding him being a natural LHW.

So if GSP fights Diaz, he is ducking Silva and Hendricks.

If GSP fights Hendricks he is ducking Diaz and Silva.

If GSP fights Silva he said long ago it would be a permanent move to 185, so people will say he left the division to duck Diaz and Hendricks.

Only an idiot thinks Silva is a natural LHW. He is perfect for middleweight. But he still challenges himself.

What if GSP loses to Diaz and misses out on the biggest money fight in MMA history?

Yet he took the Bonnar fight on very short notice and looked as big as Bonnar. And don't give me any shit about Silva being fat. The dude looked like he was in decent shape.

Subjective.

Once again... Subjective.

And a pathetic attempt to discredit Anderson while pretending that you care.

Oh... I really do like Anderson. It's just that everyone he has ever fought sucks and he has never beaten anyone good and he fights in the weakest division and he should have to move up a second time to prove how good he is.

I'm impressed that in a thread in which Georges explain why he

subjective

So in defence of Georges, you're now going to argue that the result of the Diaz fight was subjective, and should therefore not count as a loss?

Or are you just repeating what I said without actually knowing what the word means?

No shit, tons of things are subjective in MMA. People watch for different reasons. If Silva fans are content with him beating nobodies because he can do it in flashy fashion, I can see that argument. I don't see however an argument where a win streak automatically equals a pound for pound status.

It equals a pound for pound status because once Georges fans like you take your heads out of your ass, you'll see that Anderson isn't beating nobodies, but great fighters.

And before we move on, by nobodies, do you mean that they're cans?

and No, I DO think Anderson is an A+ fighter. Just one that has wasted his career worse than any other fighter. Even if that has to do a lot with circumstance. Many have made the same observation.

Yeah... I've heard that argument before and it comes from the same type of people.

Oh... Anderson is great, he just has to do what no fighter has ever done, and move up two weight classes from WW, to prove his potential.

You know how many weigh classes Georges has moved up? Zero.

Anderson? Two.

Yet, these fighters are held to such different standards, that you're here defending Georges for fighting against a fighter who lost his last fight, while criticizing Anderson, not for defending his title against someone who lost his last fight. Not because he hasn't moved up a weight class. Not because he hasn't moved up two weight classes. But because he's not fighting the champ two weight classes above the one he started in.

You know how ridiculous that is?

I'm going to move on because you guys are beyond delusional.

Last edited:
GSP doesn't want to fight a superior striker...he's scared. He's opting to fight a guy that poses less of a threat and who has zero strength. He would make more money vs Anderson so what else could it be?

So in defence of Georges, you're now going to argue that the result of the Diaz fight was subjective, and should therefore not count as a loss?

Or are you just repeating what I said without actually knowing what the word means?

Well, the Diaz/Condit fight was a very close decision therefore it's subjective as to whether Diaz actually lost. Maybe YOU don't know what subjective means. Subjective is a personal perspective, in case you didn't know and I'm sure you don't.

It equals a pound for pound status because once Georges fans like you take your heads out of your ass, you'll see that Anderson isn't beating nobodies, but great fighters.

And before we move on, by nobodies, do you mean that they're cans?

Yeah... I've heard that argument before and it comes from the same type of people.

These are Silva's most recent fights. Name a great fighter among the group. It's like a list of "where are they now" fighters. Only Sonnen by being the best shit talker in the game is still relevant. Belfort is way past his prime and all the rest were never anything special. Oh..but he beat Griffin. C'mon Griffin is a great fighter?! Okami was past his prime when he fought Silva for the second time. Beat his ass the first time by the way. Belfort was past his prime and horribly out of shape. C'mon..where are the great fighters Silva has beat?

Bonnar
Sonnen
Okami
Belfort
Maia
Griffin
Leites
Cote
Irvin

GSP is clearly ducking Hendricks and Silva..He is afraid to get Serra'd again.

no he is not . diaz has much more tools to beat him . hendricks has only 1 way . gsp just wants diaz - unfinished business

You can apply that to virtually every champion though. They would all still have to cut weight to make the division above that which they are champion in.

Silva isn't as big as people believe either.

ficha.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjJpPuLKR9I&feature=player_detailpage

He has a similar LBM to GSP, both around 171LBM. I'd prefer to see those two fight. [I'd favor GSP to win aswell]

GSP wants a big money fight. Diaz is a bigger money fight than Hendricks.

Jones took a big money fight with Sonnen(MW) instead of fighting the #1 or even a top LHW contender.

Anderson would rather wait and fight Bisping or GSP(WW) then fight the #1 contender in Weidman.

Aldo is fighting Edgar rather than a proven top contender at 145.

Seems to me all four are taking big money fights, yet GSP is seen as the coward to some...? Its not like his big money fight is the James Toney of the WW division or anything.

Back