GSP take on fighting Diaz, Hendricks & Silva

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/16/3772258/video-georges-st-pierre-nick-diaz-fight-ufc-158-anderson-silva-johny-hendricks

Much has been said, I know.
And it is not that the video contains any new information on the subject.

but I do understand his point of view.

1) GSP can't fight all 3 guys.

2) Diaz - This fight makes sense NOW. God knows if Diaz would win his next fight, and then Zuffa would have lost a chance at the biggest fight GSP could be involved without going up in weight.

3) Hendricks - While I don't like GSP giving an excuse of Kos fight, it has some truth in it.
Overall, the thing is: If Hendricks is that good, he will win his next fight and maintain his status. If he's not, then there's no real point in talking like he could be the champ. I mean, that would only mean that hendricks would fight GSP, and even if he pulled that win, he'd lose his next fight against top competition, right?

4) Silva - While I personally don't agree with this "if I go up I'll stay up" excuse, I am not about to bash him for that. The time is right for Silva. But obviously it is not that pressing for GSP; and the more he waits, it's a win-win situation. If Silva loses, this (bad matchup fight) would go away. if not, Siva will be older and older, thus making this fight somewhat easier for GSP.

Thoughts?

GSP is clearly ducking Hendricks and Silva..He is afraid to get Serra'd again.

If he waits for Silva to age it will be a short term victory. History will reflect that he dodged until Silva lost considerable ability.

Alves, Condit, and Koscheck all have more KO/TKO wins than Serra OR Hendricks (Alves and Condit have more than the latter two combined!) GSP isn't scared of getting "Serra'd".

Alves, Condit, and Koscheck all have more KO/TKO wins than Serra OR Hendricks (Alves and Condit have more than the latter two combined!) GSP isn't scared of getting "Serra'd".

let it go, someone who comes up with such shitty statement wont understand even though you logically explain stuff to him.

its irritating to hear GSP's illogical response that Diaz is the number contender than Hendricks..

yeah..but Hendricks just obliterated Fitch (who's last stoppage loss was ages ago) and Kampmann (though always been rocked in most his fights, but never really been stopped like that)..

This

its irritating to hear GSP's illogical response that Diaz is the number contender than Hendricks..

Not for me. He's basically saying that Condit and Diaz was a close fight, he thinks Diaz in losing that fight should still be ranked higher than Hendricks; plus, fighting Diaz would be a bigger draw and therefor make everybody more money.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I think it's interesting how many guys want GSP. You don't hear people screaming to fight Anderson -- except for maybe Bisping. That alone is revealing. People don't want to end up on AS's highlight reel.

But from a pain standpoint, I wonder what hurts more: getting KTFO'd in 1 or 2 rounds or getting tackled and pounded for 5, like GSP does to you.

Georges should cut the crap...

He justifies the bout by saying Diaz's loss to Carlos Condit was controversial enough that you can make a case that Diaz won and he deserves to be here.

And then we have, when someone mentions Hendricks winning streak;

St. Pierre believes Hendricks actually lost his close fight against Josh Koscheck back at UFC 143.

Basically, Diaz deserves it because he believes his loss was close enough, but Hendricks winning streak doesn't really count because he believes he lost against Kos.

Why doesn't he just say he wants the easier fight that will make him the most money.

Edit: And then he does on to say that he wants to fight the winner of a fight, and not the loser. ''The guy who deserves it.''

GSP will fight Silva when he feels it's right and when he feels he's at his best. I see nothing wrong with this concept.

Why doesn't he just say he wants the fight that will make him the most money.

He basically said that: "GSP said the Diaz fight is the biggest fight, it's the fight most fans want to see." That basically translate to money fight.

But easier? I personally don't think so. I think Diaz is harder for GSP than Hendricks.

Not for me. He's basically saying that Condit and Diaz was a close fight, he thinks Diaz in losing that fight should still be ranked higher than Hendricks; plus, fighting Diaz would be a bigger draw and therefor make everybody more money.

Makes perfect sense to me.

yeah.. a loss is still a loss.. I am not a Condit fan and I like Nick Diaz fights, but Condit-Diaz fight is not a controversial one, only Diaz nuthuggers think that. Even Nick implicitly admitted after the fight that he lost that one..having a 5 fight win streak including against 3 TOP 5 WWs is a lot greater achievement than Nick Diaz win streak.

GSP fighting Silva is so 3 years ago.

Silva is both the better fighter, and the larger fighter. This makes the matchup really uninteresting imo. GSP could win the fight, but it would be a huge upset.

Silva vs Jones is far more interesting, and that is what the UFC should be pushing before Jones moves up to HW (if/when he decides to do that). In this fight, the smaller fighter is the better fighter, making it a lot more interesting.

lol GSP fights Condit, a massive WW.. one of his best opponents ever.. and already talk of ducking.

Right after he comes off acl surgery too. Fsss

Like if Condit wasn't a threat for him....

He ain't ducking anyone, Hendricks will get his time, and if silva wants to fight him he knows where to drop weight, gsp is the WW champ, why the champion should gainw eight to fight a challenger? that's not how it works, if you want to challenge a champion you challenge him where he IS the champ

edit: People seem to forget that GSP defeated a very very dangerous WW coming from a huge injury and surgery

yeah.. a loss is still a loss.. I am not a Condit fan and I like Nick Diaz fights, but Condit-Diaz fight is not a controversial one, only Diaz nuthuggers think that. Even Nick implicitly admitted after the fight that he lost that one..having a 5 fight win streak including against 3 TOP 5 WWs is a lot greater achievement than Nick Diaz win streak.

Not disagreeing. I think Condit won a close fight. However, had Diaz not gotten suspended, I wouldn't have dropped him lower than #3 in the rankings after that fight.

I think Hendricks deserves the nod, but totally get GSP's (and the UFC's) reasoning. Nick's a loose cannon and might not get more bankable than right now. Hendricks will be there. And I have a feeling the Hendricks/GSP fight is going to be BOOOOOORING. I don't see how Hendricks has anything for him short of a bomb punch which GSP will be completely on the lookout for.

He basically said that: "GSP said the Diaz fight is the biggest fight, it's the fight most fans want to see." That basically translate to money fight.

But easier? I personally don't think so. I think Diaz is harder for GSP than Hendricks.

If he just wanted a money fight, he would figth Anderson. Hence, the easier money fight.

Also, didn't he ask for this fight? Why is he pretending he had no choice regarding this?

St. Pierre admits to feeling bad for the guy but what can he do?

Are his fans actually buying this?

Georges should cut the crap...

He justifies the bout by saying Diaz's loss to Carlos Condit was controversial enough that you can make a case that Diaz won and he deserves to be here.

And then we have, when someone mentions Hendricks winning streak;

St. Pierre believes Hendricks actually lost his close fight against Josh Koscheck back at UFC 143.

Basically, Diaz deserves it because he believes his loss was close enough, but Hendricks winning streak doesn't really count because he believes he lost against Kos.

Why doesn't he just say he wants the easier fight that will make him the most money.

Edit: And then he does on to say that he wants to fight the winner of a fight, and not the loser. ''The guy who deserves it.''

Give it a rest. Hendricks will get his shot to get owned probably within 7 months. Enough with the fake outrage.

Back