GSP take on fighting Diaz, Hendricks & Silva

Why doesn't he just say he wants the easier fight that will make him the most money.

Who is to say what the easier fight is? You? A nobody posting in a forum?

Diaz was scheduled to fight GSP long before anyone knew Hendricks name. Diaz had a very close fight with Condit that could have gone either way.

In reality, Hendricks only has a punchers chance and nothing more. He can wait one more fight. Let GSP give the fans what they've wanted for a long time now and that's a high profile fight with Diaz.

And maybe once GSP runs through all these contenders he'll think about taking a year off to move up and fight Silva.

Georges should cut the crap...

He justifies the bout by saying Diaz's loss to Carlos Condit was controversial enough that you can make a case that Diaz won and he deserves to be here.

And then we have, when someone mentions Hendricks winning streak;

St. Pierre believes Hendricks actually lost his close fight against Josh Koscheck back at UFC 143.

Basically, Diaz deserves it because he believes his loss was close enough, but Hendricks winning streak doesn't really count because he believes he lost against Kos.

Why doesn't he just say he wants the easier fight that will make him the most money.

Edit: And then he does on to say that he wants to fight the winner of a fight, and not the loser. ''The guy who deserves it.''

yeah he contradicts himself a lot on that video..though he has a good comment on the last part when he said that his experience with Serra help him with his fight with COndit.

Diaz was scheduled to fight GSP long before anyone knew Hendricks name. Diaz had a very close fight with Condit that could have gone either way.

In reality, Hendricks only has a punchers chance and nothing more. He can wait one more fight. Let GSP give the fans what they've wanted for a long time now and that's a high profile fight with Diaz.

And maybe once GSP runs through all these contenders he'll think about taking a year off to move up and fight Silva.

Exactly.. and how about Silva who has been sitting in a desolate division for years... why no pressure on him to fight someone good at LHW? Its all the pressure on GSP.. and he just fought a huge name like yesterday, came off acl surgery, and still has work to do in his division. Odd.

Great start mate.

You want me to explain to you what the purpose of a forum is?

A nobody on a forum... I'm guessing you felt insulted by what I said regarding Georges.

You need to stop making excuses for Georges...

Nick lost his last fight, whether he was scheduled to fight Georges at one point, does not matter now.

So nice of Georges... he's going to give the fans what they want*.

*As long as it's not Anderson.

Exactly.. and how about Silva who has been sitting in a desolate division for years... why no pressure on him to fight someone good at LHW? Its all the pressure on GSP.. and he just fought a huge name like yesterday, came off acl surgery, and still has work to do in his division. Odd.

I hope everyone can see the different standards these two fighters have.

Expecting Georges to fight someone who won his last fight, is comparable to Anderson not only moving up, but moving up and fighting a top fighter.

Not for me. He's basically saying that Condit and Diaz was a close fight, he thinks Diaz in losing that fight should still be ranked higher than Hendricks; plus, fighting Diaz would be a bigger draw and therefor make everybody more money.

Makes perfect sense to me.

If he was really worried about making more money wouldn't he take the silva fight ? No he is taking the easier fight of the three in my opinion .

I agree. Silva has only fought hand picked opponents the past few years. Moving up to LHW to fight slow fighters with zero punching power and zero mastery of any skill. I've been unimpressed with Silva for a long time. I realize there is no real talent in his division but seriously protecting his legacy by padding his record with subpar opponents is weak.

So nice of Georges... he's going to give the fans what they want*.

*As long as it's not Anderson.

He already said he'll fight anyone at 170 lbs. What's the problem? And he's said it'll take him a while to gain the weight (meaning muscle) to move up and fight Silva. But I'm sure you, the greatest forum poster ever, knows more about how his body works than he does. Georges actually has real competition at his weight class unlike Silva. So who should really be thinking about changing weight classes.

I agree. Silva has only fought hand picked opponents the past few years. Moving up to LHW to fight slow fighters with zero punching power and zero mastery of any skill. I've been unimpressed with Silva for a long time. I realize there is no real talent in his division but seriously protecting his legacy by padding his record with subpar opponents is weak.

Yeah, its worse when you know he's a great fighter and would be a favorite over almost all the elites in that division.. yet wont even take 1 fight against someone reasonable after all these years. He shits on his fans and they still love it!

Ugh....I continue to hate the logic on this. So Johny Hendricks really LOST to Kos, and besides, he should be able to win again if he's good enough as he says, but Diaz really won against Condit and besides god forbid Diaz lose before this fight gets done, it HAS to happen now.

It's like GSP dosed on Sherdog logic.

He already said he'll fight anyone at 170 lbs. What's the problem? And he's said it'll take him a while to gain the weight (meaning muscle) to move up and fight Silva. But I'm sure you, the greatest forum poster ever, knows more about how his body works than he does. Georges actually has real competition at his weight class unlike Silva. So who should really be thinking about changing weight classes.

I didn't know that...

Really, he'll fight anyone at 170 lbs. That's great. I would never expect him to do what he's getting paid to.

Lots of credit to him.

And while we're at it... lets criticize Anderson for moving up, and doing what very few champs have ever done, and have no obligation to do.

Idonotbelieveit is this your new account?

Forrest was #2 at LHW when silva fought embarrased him. A fair few LHWs turned down the fight before forrest said yes

Ugh....I continue to hate the logic on this. So Johny Hendricks really LOST to Kos, and besides, he should be able to win again if he's good enough as he says, but Diaz really won against Condit and besides god forbid Diaz lose before this fight gets done, it HAS to happen now.

It's like GSP dosed on Sherdog logic.

You should be used to title shots not being linear. Hendricks will get his shot soon. I don't get the outrage. Theres 8000x more outrage on this than Sonnen vs Jones!! The fuckin guy isn't even good and he's moving UP and gets a free title shot.

Much worse fighters than Diaz get title shots. and Diaz fans got screwed when he got pulled from his first title shot. We had nothin to do with that shit!

yeah..but Hendricks just obliterated Fitch (who's last stoppage loss was ages ago) and Kampmann (though always been rocked in most his fights, but never really been stopped like that)..

lmfao Daley clown

He basically said that: "GSP said the Diaz fight is the biggest fight, it's the fight most fans want to see." That basically translate to money fight.

But easier? I personally don't think so. I think Diaz is harder for GSP than Hendricks.

The fight most fans want to see based on a poll is Jones/Silva or Gsp/Silva. If you want to find the poll, look for it yourself. I saw it about a week ago.

GSP fighting Silva is so 3 years ago.

Silva is both the better fighter, and the larger fighter. This makes the matchup really uninteresting imo. GSP could win the fight, but it would be a huge upset.

Silva vs Jones is far more interesting, and that is what the UFC should be pushing before Jones moves up to HW (if/when he decides to do that). In this fight, the smaller fighter is the better fighter, making it a lot more interesting.

You say Silva is bigger than Gsp ( Which is true) but then you go on to say Silva vs Jones should happen?? You do understand that Jones is bigger than Silva -_-?

Nobody on a forum? Do you not know what a forum is for?

I didn't know that...

Really, he'll fight anyone at 170 lbs. That's great. I would never expect him to do what he's getting paid to.

Lots of credit to him.

And while we're at it... lets criticize Anderson for moving up, and doing what very few champs have ever done, and have no obligation to do.

That's easy for Silva since he's a natural LHW anyway. Funny how he looked as big as Bonnar in that fight and Bonnar is not a small LHW. Lots of credit to Silva for not cutting weight and fighting a slow fighter with zero punching power and zero elite skills. Really showed he was the best ever in that fight.

From 170 -185 & 185 - 205.

Thats two divisions - Not many have done that. I'd love to see some of the other champions 'pad' their records by moving up and having a shot at a fighter from the higher weight class while they are waiting for their division to sort itself out.

lol GSP fights Condit, a massive WW.. one of his best opponents ever.. and already talk of ducking.

Right after he comes off acl surgery too. Fsss

fucking fssssssssss

You should be used to title shots not being linear. Hendricks will get his shot soon. I don't get the outrage. Theres 8000x more outrage on this than Sonnen vs Jones!! The fuckin guy isn't even good and he's moving UP and gets a free title shot.

Much worse fighters than Diaz get title shots. and Diaz fans got screwed when he got pulled from his first title shot. We had nothin to do with that shit!

People have pointed out that Chael getting a title shot is a joke.

Doesn't prevent anyone from pointing out that a fighter who just lost his fight getting a title shot before someone on a five fight winning streak is also a joke.

That's easy for Silva since he's a natural LWH anyway. Funny how he looked as big as Bonnar in that fight and Bonnar is not a small LHW. Lots of credit to Silva for not cutting weight and fighting a slow fighter with zero punching power and zero elite skills. Really showed he was the best ever in that fight.

Once again, the proof that Anderson is being held to higher standards, even by Georges fans.

Apparently, Anderson moving up is not that special because he's a natural LHW anyway.

Back