GSP take on fighting Diaz, Hendricks & Silva

GSP wants a big money fight. Diaz is a bigger money fight than Hendricks.

Jones took a big money fight with Sonnen(MW) instead of fighting the #1 or even a top LHW contender.

Anderson would rather wait and fight Bisping or GSP(WW) then fight the #1 contender in Weidman.

Aldo is fighting Edgar rather than a proven top contender at 145.

Seems to me all four are taking big money fights, yet GSP is seen as the coward to some...? Its not like his big money fight is the James Toney of the WW division or anything.
:eek:

good point!

You can apply that to virtually every champion though. They would all still have to cut weight to make the division above that which they are champion in.

Silva isn't as big as people believe either.

ficha.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjJpPuLKR9I&feature=player_detailpage

He has a similar LBM to GSP, both around 171LBM. I'd prefer to see those two fight. [I'd favor GSP to win aswell]

I'll concede Silva is not as big as Jones when the Silva nuthuggers admit GSP is not as big as Silva. Maybe someone can post that picture of them standing side by side. It looked ridiculous.

I'm so sick of this nonsense.

The guy is fighting easily a top 4 contender with whom he have history and the other two contenders over him are Condit who just fought GSP and Hendricks.

Hendrick's have a strong case but not strong enough to eliminate any other options. GSP is right about the Koscheck fight, it wasn't a #1 contender performance.

People are talking about it like it was the Sonnen-Jones case. He's fighting Nick not Nate

yet, amazingly enough, he said he would fight Jones....

...a thing you don't hear from Jones or GSP...:eek:

Yea he said he would fight Jones at a catch weight Jones would never make...ever. How brave of him to call out someone for a fight he knows will never happen under his terms. Come to think of it, that's all Silva does lately is call people out he knows he matches up favorably with or under HIS terms.

Silva is a great fighter but he's been acting like a bitch lately. And his record doesn't suggest he's the greatest of all time either. Win streaks mean nothing if they are padded with fluff. Dude talks a good game but he's not done jack shit lately to really challenge himself.

This is the real reason Silva and his fans want GSP. Silva said in October that GSP would be a better fight than Jones, because he is smaller and hits less. Those are the words of Anderson Silva. Everyone knows he wants the smaller guy. Here is the link-

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/174733.html

What do you have to say Silva fans?

In a follow up, Shaddows, your hero was not joking. Everyone knows he was not joking. He would rather face the smaller guy that poses no threat to his title. Forget the GSP talk Silva fans. I thought it was embarrassing, that Silva's camp, turned down the fight against Weidman, the number one contender at MW in the summer. Anderson said he is taking the year off in July. Weidman gets surgery on his elbow after hearing that Anderson will not fight again, and soon after that, Anderson suddenly is ready to fight

against Bonnar. You are saying he did it to save the PPV, but i believe it was partially to
avoid a guy like Weidman who poses a threat to his title, unlike guys like Chael and Okami who do not have the striking and submissions of Weidman. Now his camp is saying that they would like to face Bisping, and not sure about Vitor if he wins against Bisping (LOL). I find it funny that Silva's manager turned down the Weidman fight, and Silva said GSP fight is better than Jones, because he "is smaller and would get hit less". He was not joking. Everyone knows why he wants the smaller GSP and not Jones.

This is the link from August where Silva's manager turned down the Weidman fight.

http://www.cagepotato.com/anderson-...ially-turns-down-fight-against-chris-weidman/

Just say Forrest Griffin.

This. So overrated-especially he is the perfect match for Anderson (no power, no real wrestling, likes to stand and trade with a susceptible chin)...yeah that Forrest Griffin

For the first time I agree with GSP on 2 things:

1) Diaz fight makes sense NOW; the fight hype for the WW title will never reach such an epic height again.
2) Hendricks did lose to Kos, whether he likes to admit it or not.

GSP is clearly ducking Hendricks and Silva..He is afraid to get Serra'd again.

Are you listening to yourself, because Diaz is so so so much easier.

Give me a fucking break.

Either way you slice it your having pizza, do you want pepperoni, sausage or Canadian bacon. They are all good fighters. its not like there is an easy fight

Yea he said he would fight Jones at a catch weight Jones would never make...ever. How brave of him to call out someone for a fight he knows will never happen under his terms. Come to think of it, that's all Silva does lately is call people out he knows he matches up favorably with or under HIS terms.

Silva is a great fighter but he's been acting like a bitch lately. And his record doesn't suggest he's the greatest of all time either. Win streaks mean nothing if they are padded with fluff. Dude talks a good game but he's not done jack shit lately to really challenge himself.

problem is: you are a blind hater.
Silva called a CW against both guys.
How exactly are these "unfair" terms?

How do you know Jones can't make a CW against Silva? Because I never seen Jones missing weight.
heck, he wasn't even drained come weigh-ins.

The only thing you CAN tell about Anderson is that he is willing to fight guys both below and above his weight class.
GSP only fights at his weight class and Jones, so far has been forbidden to fight at HW.

So all in all you are a blind hater with no points to make, so you make these ridiculous points where you contradict yourself in each and every turn.:redface:

People ask for a catchweight when they know they will get the shit kicked out of them if they moved up a weight class. GSP knows this, and Silva also knows that his skull would be shattered by elbows from the Jon Jones who ran through the LHW division. He does not want to vs that guy. If he is going to fight Jon Jones he wants a skinny anorexic Jones and not the killer we all know.

GSP is a pussy and refuses to even go up for catchweight. That doesn't mean Silva should be let off just because GSP isn't willing to take any risk, even when it favors him.

How do you know Jones can't make a CW against Silva? Because I never seen Jones missing weight.
heck, he wasn't even drained come weigh-ins.

The only thing you CAN tell about Anderson is that he is willing to fight guys both below and above his weight class.
GSP only fights at his weight class and Jones, so far has been forbidden to fight at HW.

So all in all you are a blind hater with no points to make, so you make these ridiculous points where you contradict yourself in each and every turn.:redface:

All I see Silva doing is taking easy fights and preserving his legacy. He refuses to fight the no.1 MW contender because he doesn't match up well with him and instead takes a fight against a slow LHW with no punching power and weak wrestling that was in full retirement when he got the call. Silva has been a joke for a while now. He needs to either step up to serious competition or shut up. Either way, he's not the P4P champ at this moment....not with GSP taking on tougher competition.

In a follow up, Shaddows, your hero was not joking. Everyone knows he was not joking. He would rather face the smaller guy that poses no threat to his title. Forget the GSP talk Silva fans. I thought it was embarrassing, that Silva's camp, turned down the fight against Weidman, the number one contender at MW in the summer. Anderson said he is taking the year off in July. Weidman gets surgery on his elbow after hearing that Anderson will not fight again, and soon after that, Anderson suddenly is ready to fight

against Bonnar. You are saying he did it to save the PPV, but i believe it was partially to
avoid a guy like Weidman who poses a threat to his title, unlike guys like Chael and Okami who do not have the striking and submissions of Weidman. Now his camp is saying that they would like to face Bisping, and not sure about Vitor if he wins against Bisping (LOL). I find it funny that Silva's manager turned down the Weidman fight, and Silva said GSP fight is better than Jones, because he "is smaller and would get hit less". He was not joking. Everyone knows why he wants the smaller GSP and not Jones.

This is the link from August where Silva's manager turned down the Weidman fight.

http://www.cagepotato.com/anderson-...ially-turns-down-fight-against-chris-weidman/

again with biased opinions and flat out lies.
It is a FACT that Silva fought Bonnar to save the event. Claim whatever you want, it will not change that fact.

it is also ridiculous that you now claim Sonnen is nothing whereas before the first and the second fight everyone was claiming he had the perfect game to beat Anderson. But obviously you are one of those revisionists who NOW claims Sonnen was not good enough.

Your Hero (Weidman) has a total of 9 fights in MMA. For you to claim he is the biggest threat to Silva's belt is as dumb as when people made that claim about Dan Hardy (over GSP).
If anything, Weidman shot himself on the foot by declining to fight Vitor. And Bisping, say what you want about him, at least ACCEPTED that fight.

Where is Weidman now? Oh, and BTW, get your facts straight. Weidman was supposed to fight Tim Boetsch (Dec. 29). He was forced out of the bout due to injury.
he didn't elect to get surgery in his elbow because SIlva said he wanted time off.:rolleyes:

fact is: Silva fought better guys than Weidman. And if Weidman is as good as you claim, don't you realize Silva WILL fight him eventually? He is working on a 10 fights contract with Zuffa! Do you really think he would be able to put this fight off ?

You seriously lacks a sense of humor if you think Silva said that seriously. But then again, you are a hater, so obviously you will try to hold ANYTHING you can against him; even if it is the most retarded thing EVER.

But go on hating.
You obviously have no grasp in reality, but you have to support your hate somehow...

This. So overrated-especially he is the perfect match for Anderson (no power, no real wrestling, likes to stand and trade with a susceptible chin)...yeah that Forrest Griffin

you mean the LHW champ? :eek:
I get it!

People ask for a catchweight when they know they will get the shit kicked out of them if they moved up a weight class. GSP knows this, and Silva also knows that his skull would be shattered by elbows from the Jon Jones who ran through the LHW division. He does not want to vs that guy. If he is going to fight Jon Jones he wants a skinny anorexic Jones and not the killer we all know.

GSP is a pussy and refuses to even go up for catchweight. That doesn't mean Silva should be let off just because GSP isn't willing to take any risk, even when it favors him.

LOL. At least you maintained an odd sense of logic in all this.

But you are blatantly forgetting a little detail: Silva refused to fight for the 205 belt since MACHIDA was the champ. He always said and maintained that he will NOT fight for a title where his friends (Lil Nog & Machida) have chances to get themselves. That was true since BEFORE Jones even started fighting MMA.

All I see Silva doing is taking easy fights and preserving his legacy. He refuses to fight the no.1 MW contender because he doesn't match up well with him and instead takes a fight against a slow LHW with no punching power and weak wrestling that was in full retirement when he got the call. Silva has been a joke for a while now. He needs to either step up to serious competition or shut up. Either way, he's not the P4P champ at this moment....not with GSP taking on tougher competition.

LOL keep going. it is hilarious to hear you twist reality! :icon_lol:

But you are blatantly forgetting a little detail: Silva refused to fight for the 205 belt since MACHIDA was the champ. He always said and maintained that he will NOT fight for a title where his friends (Lil Nog & Machida) have chances to get themselves. That was true since BEFORE Jones even started fighting MMA.

Yeah...maybe. But was he willing to fight for the championship before Machida was the champ? Silva did not want to go to LHW to fight Shogun and does not want to do the same to fight Jones. I'd say if Forrest Griffin was the champ at the time Silva fought him, he still would have gone along with the fight.

topic beaten to death... NOTHING more to add... No point arguing GSP is affraid of anything... he just want to do what is better for his career and his wallet... like anybody else

GSP doesn't want to fight a superior striker...he's scared. He's opting to fight a guy that poses less of a threat and who has zero strength. He would make more money vs Anderson so what else could it be?

When was the last time Diaz was outstruck? Condit with the hit & run?

Diaz is a Cesar Gracie 3rd degree BB who has a professional boxing training background. He even has a pro record right? 4 and 1 I think. GSP is in danger wherever the fight takes place - Diaz isn't getting subbed or knocked out because GSP will not take the risk.

Back