GSP says ufc fighters are not invincible in a street fight

They are very very likely to win but anything can happen. Saying they are invincible is naive

images

have you ever been to a punk bar?! I already went with a girlfriend who was from that group and it was the worst decision of my life, they have some cool and scary toys.

Good thing I didn't fight anyone in that shitty bar.
Is this you?! What tf happened? That looks like brain damage territory.
<6>

A street fight is a such a broad term, a school fight might get broken up in 10-15 seconds but theres many situations where street fights will absolutely involve cardio i can link a few where cardio was the deciding factor.

If you’re gonna get in a street fight 1vs1 and you’re up against someone whos not looking to finish but rather be defensive, if you dont ko him after you blow your load you will find yourself on the wrong side of the beatdown after half a minute.
This is an assumption the street fight is 1 vs 1. That is already a mistake when you are thinking about real combat situations/street fights. People are thinking mma fights in the street 1 vs 1. That's not how real fights go and you never assume that's how a fight will ever go. You are not fighting rounds, you need conditioning but not the type required to fight rounds in professional fighting. Especially people with cardio heavy game plans and they only start working in later rounds. That type of fighting style/strategy is pointless in real fight situations.

Bruh, you're bringing up two specific examples to prove your point. I'm saying on average, a pro-MMA fighter will slaughter 90% of all foes in a streetfight. Yes, it's not gonna be 3 rounds at 5 minutes, but most people gas after 40 seconds of max output. A pro-MMA fighter doesn't have to deal with an amateur adrenaline dump, when that happens, supreme cardio carries you through.
No I'm not. I'm not the only one saying this GSP is as well. He understands the difference between sport fighting and street fighting. He's trained with the best of the best and is a GOAT. He knows what he is talking about. People keep assuming fighting the average joe with no training who is also physically unfit. That's not what me or GSP is talking about. Other trained people that has more training/experience for real fight situations compared to sport. That's why he said he wouldn't necessarily pick UFC fighters for those type of encounters, GSP knows what he's talking about.

People need to stop assuming GSP is speaking on untrained, unathletic, people that can't fight.

You ain't educating shit if you're illiterate. If you could actually read, you'd have read that I said "Nobody is invincible, but odds are on your side if you're a pro fighter".
You're arguing just to argue. Get a hobby.
Pro fighter doesn't mean anything in real life situations or in the street. They may win some but will also lose some. It depends on the fighters style if they will be successful in street fights. Not all pro fighters have a fighting style that does well in street fight situations.

Also martial arts is considered a hobby, so you are on a hobby/sport forum. If you don't want to discuss or argue, then what are you doing here? Oxymoron.

It's pretty safe to say that Shogun would fuck up any of us in the cage or ring.
And yet he was carjacked & robbed in Brazil just as easily as anyone else, and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it.
Exactly my point, people don't care if you are a fighter. Weapons makes a difference or having multiple people to attack. If the pro fighters have no weapons training or weapons, or have no situational awareness - they are out of their element and all their sport training and sport fighting experience means absolutely nothing in those situations. Some people on these forums just don't get it though. They keep thinking street fights are agreed upon 1vs1 hand to hand mma style fight on the street. That's not what it is.

agreed,

You wanna look tough with your Bjj and wrestling but you don't know if the guy has a knife/gun/pepper spray. even so, the guy can fishhook, bite, grab balls etc in a street fight.

It's still gonna be nearly impossible for an untrained tough guy to beat a UFC fighter on the streets.

Yes, tough guy can groin kick or eye poke, but so could a UFC fighter, so that doesn't really even the odds. In fact, trained fighters can better judge distance and likely have more power/speed/accuracy on their groin kicks and eye pokes lol.

Obviously. Street fighting doesn't have a million clauses, rules, stipulations, and it doesn't ban 99.9% of strikes.

Anyone who actually has trained MMA more than once and been in a 1 v 1 street fight knows it's hilarious how easy it is to KO people but when weapons and more people ar involved that's when it turns to shit

Guns and knives > MMA in the streets

images

images

A guy with a knife has an absurd advantage over a pro Fighter, real life isn't a Hollywood movie where an trained guy with his bare hands beats a lot of people with knives reality it's dirty.

you might be a black belt but if a guy pulls a knife you know you're at a disadvantage.

I feel like boxing would be best at street fights, can easily KO multiple opponents and get out.

Pro fighter doesn't mean anything in real life situations or in the street. They may win some but will also lose some. It depends on the fighters style if they will be successful in street fights. Not all pro fighters have a fighting style that does well in street fight situations.

Also martial arts is considered a hobby, so you are on a hobby/sport forum. If you don't want to discuss or argue, then what are you doing here? Oxymoron.

Style isn't as big a factor as what happens in the first 5-10 seconds is. Most "Street fights" either end very quickly or the people get separated quickly.

Fighters still have an advantage over the average person. Meaning, the vast majority of anyone they would encounter. You seem to be speaking on very rare and unlikely scenarios where they're fighting one or more weapons experts who are carrying weapons and are willing to go to jail. That's not very common in most areas. Yes, it happens, but the majority of the time it's going to be the fighter knocking out a guy who didn't know he was starting shit with an actual fighter, and the dude's homies (if any) will either hesitate and get KO'd too, or just just try to back down and defuse the situation.

Style isn't as big a factor as what happens in the first 5-10 seconds is. Most "Street fights" either end very quickly or the people get separated quickly.

Fighters still have an advantage over the average person. Meaning, the vast majority of anyone they would encounter. You seem to be speaking on very rare and unlikely scenarios where they're fighting one or more weapons experts who are carrying weapons and are willing to go to jail. That's not very common in most areas. Yes, it happens, but the majority of the time it's going to be the fighter knocking out a guy who didn't know he was starting shit with an actual fighter, and the dude's homies (if any) will either hesitate and get KO'd too, or just just try to back down and defuse the situation.
Style matters, you think a pro fighter that doesn't have finishing ability will be able to finish a fight in 5-10 seconds? You need a certain fighting style to fight like that, so fighters that don't have KO/TKO power and can't fight in the pocket/clinch/etc wouldn't do well in that scenario. You think fights get broken up in 5 seconds? Where? This isn't a school fight. Analyze more real life situations, no one stops fights and they just record it happening. Even when people are using weapons. Most street encounters also have weapons involved. My data is from actual real encounters, you can find them all online if you really want to deep dive. You are speaking of basic school yard fights, I'm talking about real life combat/street fight situations.

Like I've mentioned before, go search on youtube for Maiquel Falcao and another fighter get jumped at a gas station. That's how real life situations go. Like someone else mentioned Shogun got robbed. When UFC goes to Brazil they don't let them leave the hotel because of dangers of them being held at gunpoint. These are all pro fighters and they don't care. Canelo had someone in his family kidnapped by the cartel, Vitor had his sister kidnapped, etc. People think that people are scared of professional fighters in the streets or something, they aren't.

Here's 2 pro fighters getting jumped at a gas station in Brazil

This is how things are in real life and not the school yard fights you are imagining.

I knew you had issues but the first sentence alone set it in stone.
If you think posting here is a hobby, it's clear to me we have nothing to discuss further. I wish you health and guidance.

Style matters, you think a pro fighter that doesn't have finishing ability will be able to finish a fight in 5-10 seconds? You need a certain fighting style to fight like that, so fighters that don't have KO/TKO power and can't fight in the pocket/clinch/etc wouldn't do well in that scenario. You think fights get broken up in 5 seconds? Where? This isn't a school fight. Analyze more real life situations, no one stops fights and they just record it happening. Even when people are using weapons. Most street encounters also have weapons involved. My data is from actual real encounters, you can find them all online if you really want to deep dive. You are speaking of basic school yard fights, I'm talking about real life combat/street fight situations.

Like I've mentioned before, go search on youtube for Maiquel Falcao and another fighter get jumped at a gas station. That's how real life situations go. Like someone else mentioned Shogun got robbed. When UFC goes to Brazil they don't let them leave the hotel because of dangers of them being held at gunpoint. These are all pro fighters and they don't care. Canelo had someone in his family kidnapped by the cartel, Vitor had his sister kidnapped, etc. People think that people are scared of professional fighters in the streets or something, they aren't.

Here's 2 pro fighters getting jumped at a gas station in Brazil

This is how things are in real life and not the school yard fights you are imagining.

Brother, you seem very emotionally invested in hypothetical situations here. The first 5-10 seconds is pretty important, yes. The fight doesn't have to be finished. A broken nose, a busted eye, a knockdown, knocking someone's teeth out, or even stumbling someone can end a fight quickly or determine whether or not they choose to continue. You're very focused on people being robbed, stabbed, kidnapped, jumped, and all that other shit. Those aren't "street fights". You also keep mentioning "your data". Where the fuck are you getting your data? A couple videos that support the occasional and rare extreme occurrence you believe is the most common way people fight on the street? What about the video of Huerta wrecking that huge dude at a club? The recent video of the fighter (fuck I forget his name) who just threw a 2 piece and KO'd that drunk guy in a bar? Those are the more common and more likely scenarios, and I clearly specified in my initial post that if a fighter is in a street fight in a 1 on 1 situation, without weapons, they have a clear and obvious advantage. You're so fucking invested in your hypotheticals that you can't even acknowledge that, and you just want to hammer your view and pretend it's more likely or more common. You're presenting extreme and rare cases. Most confrontations end so quickly, they don't get video or documentation of it.

Fuckin breathe, homie, and quit pretending that the people who say fighters have the advantage in a fight are talking about being held at gun point or being jumped by the cartel. Goddamn, sahn.

Back